PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

I guess you might say the Green Beans passing attack is well grounded?

>> At a press conference at the team’s practice facilities, Jets head coach Rex Ryan said Tebow had developed great chemistry with the ground, adding that Tebow threw to the ground not just during scrimmages, but also throughout passing drills and warm-ups. Ryan noted that Tebow often stayed after practice with the QB coach throwing to the ground for hours.

“I’m impressed by how fast a deep bond formed between the ground and Tim,” said Ryan, adding that Tebow and the ground were on the same wavelength and on the path to becoming one the most memorable passing combinations in the franchise’s history. “Overall, Tebow and the ground share very similar characteristics and mindsets.” <<

Aaron Maybin had one of the more overrated seasons in football last year. Instead of being concerned about adding and dropping weight to get to the QB, he should be more concerned about getting to the QB when the QB doesn't have to hold onto the ball for 5-8 seconds like they did last year on most of Maybin's sacks last year. Very few of his sacks were plays where he got to the QB quickly.

In last week's preseason game, he couldn't get in the same zip code as the QB even when he was playing vs. the 3s. Yes, he has been sack happy in practice, but that might speak more to the quality of the Jets' offensive tackles and the Jets' QBs holding onto the ball too long than to him being an impact player.

this is my favorite part...

"After a meeting with Jets offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, Tebow has reportedly been focused on spreading the ball around more and has developed other favorite targets, including Gatorade coolers, D’Brickashaw Ferguson’s back, the bench, the pylons, a laundry bin filled with towels, and the team’s golf cart."

I thought the Onion was a news parody site. When did they start reporting real sports news?

Last edited:
I don't even want to go there with this thread....... some things are best left unknown. :eek:

Sorry but I considered talking about the Jets and going to the bathroom very similar subjects.:confused2:

Last edited:
JI crying over not getting Demps...MUuuuaaaahhhaahhh

Those of you who are man enough to wade in the sewer over there...posting hilarious JI Demps snippets here would be much appreciated!

Apart from SG3 who is, as per usual, moaning and alluding to the "typical Pats bias media".

Apart from SG3 who is, as per usual, moaning and alluding to the "typical Pats bias media".

In fairness to SG3, he is the only one who realizes that Demps has gone from one of those gems that Tannebaum gets that shows that he is smarter than every other GM in the league to a small, injury prone, bust that just shows that Belichick is the worst talent evaluator in the league. It is so hard for him to be so right all the time.

In fairness to SG3, he is the only one who realizes that Demps has gone from one of those gems that Tannebaum gets that shows that he is smarter than every other GM in the league to a small, injury prone, bust that just shows that Belichick is the worst talent evaluator in the league. It is so hard for him to be so right all the time.

Its not only SG3, a few others have done a quick 180 on Demps after reports that he agreed to signing with NE.

He went from the next big thing to a wasted roster space over a few hours. There are quite a few who are sweating bullets at the news though, which always gives me a good laugh. They are fearing he'll have a Woodhead-like impact immediately. We could only hope for so much in his rookie year.

Its not only SG3, a few others have done a quick 180 on Demps after reports that he agreed to signing with NE.

He went from the next big thing to a wasted roster space over a few hours. There are quite a few who are sweating bullets at the news though, which always gives me a good laugh. They are fearing he'll have a Woodhead-like impact immediately. We could only hope for so much in his rookie year.

That is the Jets fan MO. I hope they since OchoCinco so we can see all the Ochostinko talk turn into that he a legitimate #1 WR who was just in the wrong system last year and now the Jets have two WRs with top 10 potential.

Last edited:
Man so many doom and gloomers over there with the demps signing LOL

Were the Jests even legitimately in the running in Demps' eyes? It seems like the Jests think the came down to NE vs NYJ instead of NE vs TB. Everything is about them. Their fans complain about how they are always in the media spotlight, but when the media fails to mention them, the fans make it about them.

All the articles I've read only talk about the teams interested in him, I've only read about him actually being interested in 2 teams.

SG3 is the inventor of that famous description of our team..."Patriosh!ts"...yeah, he thought that up all on his own during one of his angry old man rage events...

9738271-angry-old-man.jpg

"Damn Patriosh!ts!! Die Brady die!!! May the Patriots all crash and burn in a fiery plane clash!! Lord Hear Our Prayer..."

you can do a google search and come up with tons of these posts by the Senile Geezer3

Were the Jests even legitimately in the running in Demps' eyes? It seems like the Jests think the came down to NE vs NYJ instead of NE vs TB. Everything is about them. Their fans complain about how they are always in the media spotlight, but when the media fails to mention them, the fans make it about them.

All the articles I've read only talk about the teams interested in him, I've only read about him actually being interested in 2 teams.

But but everyone wants to play for rex and the jets..they always wi.....wait

Man so many doom and gloomers over there with the demps signing LOL

While inherently as obnoxious as ever, is anyone else reading the Rat messageboards getting the feeling that they really don't believe what they are spewing, and are convinced themselves, that this is going to be a down year and they have no chance of competing with the Pats?

I am actually concerned that the Rats will be be so bad that they could end up drafting top 10 and getting a legitimate player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes