PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2011 season: The Jets Suck (merged a lot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHOA! Just came across this photo of an angry Jets fan assaulting Mark Sanchez at an East Rutherford establishment this morning. I'm surprised this hasn't hit the airwaves.

Attachments

• Jets fan assaults Sanchez.jpg
    Jets fan assaults Sanchez.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 308
Rexy... Sanchez sucks thread

I have to admit, its been impressive seeing Rexy take the Jets to the AFCC game the past two years, his first two years as HC.

I would give him high marks for aggressiveness:
- defensive game planning
- player motivation through brashness
- high end talent acquistion (free agents eg Cromartie, Scott)
- maybe even good drafting with Revis, Mangold

HOWEVER - he bet the farm in Sanchise. And my own view is that Sanchez sucks -- he is clearly not in the top quartile of QBs, and possibly not in the top half of all QBs.
- highly questionable accuracy as we saw on many red zone passes
- skittish in the pocket
- maybe even weak at game management with questionable TimeOut

I see the Jets ceiling as limited as long as they have Sanchez. (Esp vs Brady)
And I think their fans just figured that out this week.

While the Jets are no longer a doormat, they remain one-dimensional. We should be able to continue to dominate them for the foreseeable future. (WHICH MAKES LAST YEARS PLAYOFF LOSS EVEN MORE FRUSTRATING)

Thoughts?

-- FRITZ

plaxsig.png

In the mind of a Jet fan

Musical chairs at WR, Schotty, a defensive run-first HC, the NY media - Jets Insider.com Forums - Post 4235085

Ray Ray

Great post, nailed it.

7 games left, move on from the Patriot game, a perfect storm of mistakes, the ball bouncing the wrong way, timely turnovers, missed FG's, turnovers, and a whole lot of luck for the Pats.

Meh

We may not win the division, but we are very much in the playoff hunt, and can finish strong, and this team is a championship calliber team once they put it all together with consistency...

It starts this week!

The fact they've bought in to this team puts them in a difficult spot. They have too much invested emotionally to admit they've been wasting their time (in many cases decades worth), so they conjure odd rationale to justify their fandom. Sadly for them it becomes increasingly outlandish and delusional with each passing week.

If the Jets lose tonite to the first passer-less offense since the 1930s, they will raise the bar for suckitude to new and unimaginable heights.

I still don't get why jets fans want to keep sanchez. He sucks. He is not a QB who will ever win a SB Matt Flynn will win one on the right team before this clown

Last edited:
It amazes me how most Jet fans don't think Sanchez is awful. They blame the OC and his youth. I guess they don't want to admit their franchise QB sucks but it's so obvious.

There's a reason they're Jets fans:D

Amazingly, a few of them are starting to see the light. :eek:

Matt Flynn - TheGangGreen.com Message Board

:D

Matt Flynn to the Jets would make a ton of sense, they could get a MUCH more competent backup than they have now and it’s possible that he can overtake Sanchez, and if he does then it’s all gravy at a cheap price. Flynn has been groomed by the best but his chances are limited with Rodgers at the helm, he’ll want a shot at a starting job which means going to a team with a weak starter that he can potentially overtake.

Flynn to the Jets makes so much sense that one can pretty much guarantee it won’t happen.

I still don't get why jets fans want to keep sanchez. He sucks.

In my view it's pretty simple why they want to keep him: he was drafted in the first round. He's supposed to be the franchise's savior and they've placed 43 years of unfulfilled hopes and dreams on his shoulders. Wrecks has called him an "excellent quarterback" many times, so that's all you need to know about where the organization stands. If you check out some of the threads on JI, they're already conjuring statistical comparisons to other young QBs and projections of how Li'l Marky's growth curve will prove him "elite" within a couple years. It's madness.

In my view it's pretty simple why they want to keep him: he was drafted in the first round. He's supposed to be the franchise's savior and they've placed 43 years of unfulfilled hopes and dreams on his shoulders. Wrecks has called him an "excellent quarterback" many times, so that's all you need to know about where the organization stands. If you check out some of the threads on JI, they're already conjuring statistical comparisons to other young QBs and projections of how Li'l Marky's growth curve will prove him "elite" within a couple years. It's madness.

I notice that..they find some random stat for bradys 1st year or mannings and compare and then say up..he's going to be great... :rolleyes:

J e t s suck suck suck!!!

Great call there Rex. Send a 8 man blitz on a 3rd down. Smart play calling.

How will jets fans defend sanchez on this one? HAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore