PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THANK YOU FOR THE MEMORIES COACH BELICHICK!!! LET THE ZAPPE ERA BEGIN!!!

Hoping to see Grier or the Cunningham kid. That being said any of the 3 should be able to beat the Giants.

I don’t like this mindset. Men can cry. Posts like this are why some men feel like they can’t share their emotions.

Edit: And I’m someone who doesn’t think Mac is it. I want to move on too.
I'm a little older than the average poster out here and, yeah, in general professionals should hide their emotions...so you got a point there.
But, Mac's performance this season, culminating in that INT with a chance to change the outcome of a game that Bob Kraft had already said he "really wanted" (or words to that effect) to win...I think it's possible that it all just hit him in a few seconds that he can no longer blame his failure on a lack of weapons or Matt Patricia, that he would never recover from how badly this season has gone, that he is not going to be a Franchise player in the NFL, that all his years of work didn't get him where he wanted, that his hopes were dashed forever and that he will be lucky to bounce from team to team as a backup like the Sanchize and Geno Smith.

Dreams finally die. Mac's a competitor and probably fought through those thoughts before...but, at that moment, he knew that the career he wanted was over. So, yeah, he should have saved the tears for a private corner of the locker room away from the media and even his teammates or, ideally, until he got home...but I understand what happened to him.

I hope he can pull himself together and figure a path forward for himself that he finds productive and with which he can be at peace.

That said, I don't ever want him to start another game in New England.

If I were the Krafts, I'd be furious, wouldn't you? We get hung up, understandably of course, on Bill's past (n.b.) successes, and so I am sure do the Krafts, but to see an asset so valuable in so many ways run into the ground by a man who seems to resist, obscure, and reject any responsibility for the fall of the team, and who insists on being insultingly dismissive of any allusion to the facts of his failure, must drive the Krafts up a wall, or - alas - an embarrassingly priapic lighthouse. There is a miasmal fug of nonsense and emotion surrounding this issue. Bill is an employee. Employees, when they don't do their jobs, get fired. It happens every day. It's as common as dirt and as common as common sense.

(I apologize for "miasmal fug." After 35 years of teaching, I am an insufferable, schoolmarmish pedant whose social skills have evolved or devolved bossing children around. So I get the floccinaucinihilipilification. * I wish I could say I'll do better going forward. Maybe I am much like Bill in a way. Hmmm....)

* I put this word, which is the the longest general useage word in English, and which means "considering as being worthless" on a spelling test back in the 70's. The kids were so taken with it, that, even though it was lightly-weighted as an extra credit item, was correctly spelled by nearly every student, even those who got words like "relief" and "rhythm" wrong. I think that gives an insight into how to motivate adolescents: they just love weird ****. I applied this insight over many subsequent years of teaching.
Bill has always taken the blame when things go wrong and given the players the credit when things go well. Not sure why some of you guys are saying that.

Bill has always taken the blame when things go wrong and given the players the credit when things go well. Not sure why some of you guys are saying that.
I think some people want Bill to take a bigger view, like "This season is my fault because we didn't draft well" or "I don't prioritize the WR position" or something like that rather than grumpily saying "we didn't make enough plays." The funny thing is so many people respected Bill for his one game at a time ways when things were going great but hate it that he takes the same mentality to losing.

I think some people want Bill to take a bigger view, like "This season is my fault because we didn't draft well" or "I don't prioritize the WR position" or something like that rather than grumpily saying "we didn't make enough plays." The funny thing is so many people respected Bill for his one game at a time ways when things were going great but hate it that he takes the same mentality to losing.

The other thing is that if BB gets up there and says "yeah, we didn't draft well" or "I don't put effort into finding good WRs", it's hard for players not to take that as a personal attack on their innate abilities (truthfulness or lack thereof notwithstanding). When he says "we didn't make enough plays", he's speaking to something that, in theory, can be changed with effort, focus, and learning. Saying things like "I messed up as a GM" is speaking to talent, which is something that his players cannot change.

Mac cried today because... I don't know? He was benched for one series? And cried about it.
I had a bad feeling about Mac in his 3rd game, at home when we lost against the Saints. He sat on the bench at the end crying. Bill had to walk him to the locker room. I've got to believe Bill felt the same way I did after witnessing that spectacle. Mac is an emotional basket case. He's not built to be the Alpha dawg on an NFL team. He pulls bush league crap that's unprofessional. He celebrates like an immature kid instead of like the leader of men. He breaks down after his mistakes, which is probably the reason he always falls short in come backs. All of the above is besides his athletic limitations, which he believes he has. We've seen him many times trying to emulate Mahomes with throwing across his body, while scrambling with poor or disastrous results. I doubt he would even be a good or adequate back-up because his weak pychological make-up would not accept it. I know he sat behind Tua and Hurts but that was to wait for his turn. Losing QB#1 role will completely destroy him.

Funny how those same excuses are being used for Zappe though :)

I don’t think there are really any Mac fans either. Speaking for myself I wanted to see one more year what he was like with a real NFL OC calling plays and that would tell us if he’s the guy. I think we got our answer.
Crappe was no better than Mac. It's will Grier for me. I'm curious to see what he can do. Our QB situation is the pits right now.

I had a bad feeling about Mac in his 3rd game, at home when we lost against the Saints. He sat on the bench at the end crying. Bill had to walk him to the locker room. I've got to believe Bill felt the same way I did after witnessing that spectacle. Mac is an emotional basket case. He's not built to be the Alpha dawg on an NFL team. He pulls bush league crap that's unprofessional. He celebrates like an immature kid instead of like the leader of men. He breaks down after his mistakes, which is probably the reason he always falls short in come backs. All of the above is besides his athletic limitations, which he believes he has. We've seen him many times trying to emulate Mahomes with throwing across his body, while scrambling with poor or disastrous results. I doubt he would even be a good or adequate back-up because his weak pychological make-up would not accept it. I know he sat behind Tua and Hurts but that was to wait for his turn. Losing QB#1 role will completely destroy him.
I have to wonder if Bill feeding Mac the **** sandwich last year was to try to "straighten him out", so-to-speak, and get him acting right. Instead it seems like it had the opposite effect and Bill was required to revert back to the old offense and bring in BOB to "fix Mac". A lot of good that did, he's just as bad as last year or worse.

Bill has certainly had his share of sins the last few years, but I am finding it hard to blame him for Mac Jones. If anything I blame him for mismanaging the other QBs on the roster besides Mac. I think his hands were likely tied as far as retaining and starting Mac to begin the year.

If I had to guess, Bill saw this coming in camp, but expected Zappe would be able to take over when needed based on his good showing in 2022. However, Zappe had much more difficulty than Bill anticipated adapting to the BOB scheme. So Bill ended up panicking and basically scrounging around trying to find any other guy, claiming Corral, Ian Book, Grier... hoping one of those guys could learn the scheme fast enough, or Zappe would turn it around fast enough, to take over on the bye week and that Mac would keep his crap together well enough to win 3 or 4 games before the bye. Unfortunately he could not. Ultimately that is very poor roster mismanagement by Bill but I don't really think Mac sucking is Bill's fault.

W
Drake Maye or Caleb Williams
But I have every thought we beat the Giants but we can’t in order for a chance of one of the two.
When is TireRod Taylor coming back a BB Defense can't beat him he's mobile.

I have to wonder if Bill feeding Mac the **** sandwich last year was to try to "straighten him out", so-to-speak, and get him acting right. Instead it seems like it had the opposite effect and Bill was required to revert back to the old offense and bring in BOB to "fix Mac". A lot of good that did, he's just as bad as last year or worse.

Bill has certainly had his share of sins the last few years, but I am finding it hard to blame him for Mac Jones. If anything I blame him for mismanaging the other QBs on the roster besides Mac. I think his hands were likely tied as far as retaining and starting Mac to begin the year.

If I had to guess, Bill saw this coming in camp, but expected Zappe would be able to take over when needed based on his good showing in 2022. However, Zappe had much more difficulty than Bill anticipated adapting to the BOB scheme. So Bill ended up panicking and basically scrounging around trying to find any other guy, claiming Corral, Ian Book, Grier... hoping one of those guys could learn the scheme fast enough, or Zappe would turn it around fast enough, to take over on the bye week and that Mac would keep his crap together well enough to win 3 or 4 games before the bye. Unfortunately he could not. Ultimately that is very poor roster mismanagement by Bill but I don't really think Mac sucking is Bill's fault.
No, its Mac's fault. I don't mind the excitement when he makes good plays and pulls a game off, TB was very excitable too and emotional when he played. It's the other stuff that's the problem.

W

When is TireRod Taylor coming back a BB Defense can't beat him he's mobile.
I'd be willing to bet.. we'd loose to devitto.. every opposing QB this season had played better than ours.

He does say that on occasion, but in a rote manner, as a way of avoiding a substantive and honest response to a question re his actions/decisions. As a general proposition, any implication that Bill is a forthcoming sort of fella either with the fans or with the press is just off base, it seems to me.

Do you feel the same way about Brady, with the logical conclusion being, "credit the guy who drafted him" ?
**** Rehbein found and pushed for drafting Brady. He deserves 100% of the credit. BTW, I believe Bobby Grier was still the GM at the time Brady was drafted. A lot of people like to take credit for drafting Brady, for obvious reasons, but it was **** Rehbein that was instrumental in making it happen.

He can't really say those at this point (basically saying his current draft picks or WRs suck) because it'd decimate the already low morale of his troops. At the end of the day, BB always points to the record, and it's pretty obvious to everyone, including him, that they suck.

Still looking forward to the next game though, diehard masochist that I am.

I care and I can stand it.

**** Rehbein found and pushed for drafting Brady. He deserves 100% of the credit. BTW, I believe Bobby Grier was still the GM at the time Brady was drafted. A lot of people like to take credit for drafting Brady, for obvious reasons, but it was **** Rehbein that was instrumental in making it happen.
Grier was fired by Bill after the 2000 draft, so who knows if he had any input or not. Rehbein pushing Bill is an example of what Bill needed the last 10 years. In fact, we've just heard a while back that Caserio was trying to convince Bill to take AJ Brown. On the other hand, Chris Simms said staff members were furious and walked out on Bill when he decided to take Chandler Jones.

Another example is in KC where Andy Reid had to be convinced to take Patrick Mahomes by Brett Veach who was quickly promoted to GM after the selection. Apparently, the Chiefs were psychic and knew he was going to be good so they fired Ballard and Veach took his place.
Let me ask you someting sb, did Zappe **** your gf or something? I get that you're in a pissing contest w/ Triumph over these qbs, but man, you're obsessed w/ the kid. Lol
I like their back and forth on Mac vs Zappe. Seems like they are messing around at this point.

Let me ask you someting sb, did Zappe **** your gf or something? I get that you're in a pissing contest w/ Triumph over these qbs, but man, you're obsessed w/ the kid. Lol
Nah not obsessed just having fun in a puppet master making the puppet dance kind of way. His fanbois really are defend the wall dedicated to their man I’ll give them that. Especially on twitter.

I’m more than a little annoyed though that we picked Zappe and passed over someone much better who is playing for Washington right now…that’s why I’m extra salty. Lol

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back