PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank God For Laurence Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheep? hardly. I go by what I see, not what I *want* to see.

I see Addai shredding our Championship, 12-0, immaculate defense for 228 combined yards.

I see an offense designed against a blitz happy Philly team to overcome our lack of a consistent threat in the running game.

Without the wind conditions in yesterdays' game, Maroney doesn't approach his 13 carries, Duece. Anyone without blinders on can see that Addai is a more talented and mature running back. And as much as I hate to say it, he's tougher.

Step away from the Koolaid, Duece.

Bahhhhhhh.

So, in other words, you have nothing, since the Addai nonsense has already been disproven about a dozen times. That's about what I figured. You're a sheep, and NSA and Danny88 are your shepherds. How sad.....

I'll bite on that. Call Corey Dillon and give him a workout, and if he's in game shape use him in the playoffs. Give him 5-8 carries a game as needed, and continue to use Maroney but with less expectation that he's going to be the #1 back. In the offseason, consider whether you think Sammy Morris is capable of being the #1 guy; if not, either draft McFadden or look around the market a little bit. From that point onward, use Maroney for what he is: a potential replacement for Kevin Faulk as the years go on. But don't kid yourself into thinking that overnight he's going to become a 100 yard a game guy.

Corey Dillon was on the team last season. Corey Dillon made it known earlier this season that he would be open to returning to the team this season. The Patriots made a deliberate and conscious decision to refuse that offer, and did so publicly. Now, I'm sure you're a much better coach, personnel man, General Manager and motivator than Belioli, but they are all we have. They actually chose to keep Kyle Eckel rather than bringing in Corey Dillon. While you are, no doubt, far the wiser when it comes to this stuff, they have stubbornly decided to believe that they are actually qualified talent evaluators.

Now, I'm sure that when you call them and point out your 10 Super Bowl rings, they'll come to their senses.

Corey Dillon was on the team last season. Corey Dillon made it known earlier this season that he would be open to returning to the team this season. The Patriots made a deliberate and conscious decision to refuse that offer, and did so publicly. Now, I'm sure you're a much better coach, personnel man, General Manager and motivator than Belioli, but they are all we have. They actually chose to keep Kyle Eckel rather than bringing in Corey Dillon. While you are, no doubt, far the wiser when it comes to this stuff, they have stubbornly decided to believe that they are actually qualified talent evaluators.

Now, I'm sure that when you call them and point out your 10 Super Bowl rings, they'll come to their senses.

So BB and Pioli never make mistakes??????? Doug Gabriel and Monty Beisel say hello!:rolleyes:

So BB and Pioli never make mistakes??????? Doug Gabriel and Monty Beisel say hello!:rolleyes:

If only Deion Branch hadn't held out at the last minute and if only Brusci hadn't had a stroke.
It's too bad BB and Pioli don't have a crystal ball that can see the future.:rolleyes:

If only Deion Branch hadn't held out at the last minute and if only Brusci hadn't had a stroke.
It's too bad BB and Pioli don't have a crystal ball that can see the future.:rolleyes:

Wow does ANYBODY on the Patriots ever make a mistake? Even when they do they have excuses for them I guess. Must be nice to be perfect like BB and Pioli.:rolleyes:

Wow does ANYBODY on the Patriots ever make a mistake? Even when they do they have excuses for them I guess. Must be nice to be perfect like BB and Pioli.:rolleyes:

It must be better to be a whiny hater.
What reciever should the Pats have signed? Keep in mind, the Pats finished last season with 27 cents under the cap?
Which lineback SHOULD they have signed to replace a probowl ILB?
BB and Pioli want to know. :rolleyes:

You're not a fan, and everyone knows it. Why keep pretending?

Last edited:
Some of you guys are dorks. Straight up. This is a bunch of guys talking sports. Get off the horse. I'm not saying I'm smarter than Belichick. He doesn't need my advice any more than he needs your fat ass cheerleading him. He and Pioli are going to do what they do.

This is an internet message board where people talk football. None of you are professional front office people. Your opinion is not more valid than anyone elses. Now cool your jets, and if you don't like the discussion, go elsewhere, but stop being a toddler about it.

I understand they don't want Dillon back. I don't know why. That's their choice. I still think he has a little gas left and I felt they should have used him more in last year's AFCCG. Without Morris on the depth chart, we are pitifully weak at RB. This is just my opinion, I think he could help this year.

i think im done with National Sports Idiot

same dumb ass who said Seymour is overrated after being a force in the middle with Wilfork last game.

So, in other words, you have nothing, since the Addai nonsense has already been disproven about a dozen times. That's about what I figured. You're a sheep, and NSA and Danny88 are your shepherds. How sad.....

Uhh, ok. So you say I have nothing, yet , provide nothing to disprove my claim that Addai has shown way more than Maroney? And you call me a sheep? LOL.

I guess I could sink to the name calling level and introduce you to the kettle or something cleverly thought up to instigate someone with whom I have a different opinion, but I have no idea who Danny and NSA are so we're not really speaking the same language here. Have a nice life . I hope you are quoted rarely by other contributors here so I dont have to see your rubbish.

Am I missing something here?
13 rushes for 44 yds. and you are happy with this?
Maybe 18 carries for 85 yrs would gave been nice.

are u missing something? Pro Bowl RBs couldnt do any better. LT..Parker..nothing

if Maroney got 85 yards and 18 carries..then he might be a top NFL back..hes not..because the really good 1s couldnt either

add 2 catches 79 yards

123 yards total yards for Laurence. Those are very good #s and if we can get 100 + total yards from him every game, thatd be awesome

Last edited:
Some of you guys are dorks. Straight up. This is a bunch of guys talking sports. Get off the horse. I'm not saying I'm smarter than Belichick. He doesn't need my advice any more than he needs your fat ass cheerleading him. He and Pioli are going to do what they do.

This is an internet message board where people talk football. None of you are professional front office people. Your opinion is not more valid than anyone elses. Now cool your jets, and if you don't like the discussion, go elsewhere, but stop being a toddler about it.

I understand they don't want Dillon back. I don't know why. That's their choice. I still think he has a little gas left and I felt they should have used him more in last year's AFCCG. Without Morris on the depth chart, we are pitifully weak at RB. This is just my opinion, I think he could help this year.

I know right? IT's kinda sad how the 2nd grade name calling starts when you try to discuss football. I remember this site used to be great many years ago like 2002 - 2003. My kindergarten kid shows more maturity than some of the message board dorks around here.

Queue the troll accusations for me, guys!

I think a lot of these guys are still college age.

Do you know who compiled these elite stats?

23 carries 42 yards 1.8 average

Game 1: 18 carries 52 yards 2.8 average
Game 2: 22 carries 46 yards 2.1 average

24 carries 77 yards 3.2 average

24 carries 67 yards 2.8 average

10 carries 57 yards 5.7 average

16 carries 52 yards 3.3 average

27 carries 84 yards 3.1 average

does anybody have a stat for how many times maroney rushed for a negative gain last night? I was watchin the game and while he never broke any big runs, I'm fairly certain he might have gotten dropped for a loss/no gain ONE or two times, the rest of the times he was consistently getting positive yardage, which is something the coaching staff has been wanting him to do.

Look, Maroney didn't break any twenty yard runs, but the game plans are not revolving around him - if he gains 3-5 yards every time he touches the ball, which he does pretty consistently, that gives BRADY, who IS who we design our offensive game plan around, far more flexibility with what plays he can call.

im not saying BB and McDaniels are trying to prevent maroney from a big running play, but I AM saying that if maroney has the choice of running for 3-5 yards and tahts it, or either getting tackled in the backfield or breaking a run for 30 yards, they want him to take the 3-5 and call it a day.

quote "if Maroney got 85 yards and 18 carries..then he might be a top NFL back..hes not.."

My point is...Maroney was supposed to be a TOP RB!

quote "if Maroney got 85 yards and 18 carries..then he might be a top NFL back..hes not.."

carolinatony, read back a few pages - maroney has the best ypc vs. this ravens defense except for Edgerrin James - and thats on a list that includes tomlinson, gore, and rudi johnson

okay..well if hes SUPPOSED TO BE..and your judging by this game. Hes right up there with the best.

who said he was supposed to be a top back? Top backs get 20 carries a game. Top backs get fed the ball and their teams donttry to pass 50 times a game. This is another offense and we dont need the best RB.

Hey NSA. I re-watched that EVAN WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE PLAY, you keep blabing about. I couldn't help but notice it was a inside hand-off fullback dive with Maroney as the deep back.

Why would a coach call an inside full-back handoff on 4 and short? The defense usually isn't expecting it. It certainly isn't a play that they run all the time.
My guess, Josh was trying to catch the defense off-gaurd.

yeah...but jman...what you say would run counter to NSA's "Maroney Jihad and opens you up to accusations of being an infidel and not a TRUE Patriot fan...because as we all know now, it's not whether the TEAM wins or loses, it's how specific players on the 53 man roster perform...THAT'S all that counts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents