PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank God For Laurence Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He dropped 2 catchable balls last night?

I didn't see the drops. I saw him catch both balls thrown at him and take them for big gains.

I have to agree here. He looked like crap running the ball (Faulk looked significantly better) until the Ravens played off the line because they were afraid of Brady throwing the ball. Yes, he looked good catching the ball, but is there anyone who thinks that Faulk wouldn't have done the same thing with it in his hands?

As long as we're not arguing that Watson had a good game, I'll agree... something to build on.

Here's the problem, you're saying "Well, Faulk could have done the same with those receptions" but it wasn't Kevin Faulk, it was Laurence Maroney, and the fact that Faulk can make those plays shouldn't take away from the fact that again it was in fact Maroney who made them. Do you get the point here? I don't see any Faulk detractors saying "yea, Faulk made a nice play, but was that really a play Maroney couldn't have made?".

I also don't see many people actually harping on Faulk for going out of bounds before the first down marker (even though it was an obvious mistake), and I don't see that many people getting on him for dropping an easy reception that likely could have made the comeback easier. At least not to the degree some posters have harped on Maroney for his play, even when it's not bad. Emagine if that had been Maroney who dropped that pass?

See, there's a double standard concerning players around here, and frankly it's somewhat pathetic. Why can't people simply say Maroney had a good game considering he put up 123 total offensive yards? Faulk puts up half that total, and people will be on here talking about how good he played, and how important he is to the offense. I agree that Faulk is very important to the offense right now, but there is an obvious double standard regarding this subject.

he was key in passing game as a blocker and receiver. as a runner..what do u honestly expect against Ravens?

Willie Parker:
23 carries 42 yards 1.8 average

Rudi Johnson:
Game 1: 18 carries 52 yards 2.8 average
Game 2: 22 carries 46 yards 2.1 average

Ladainian Tomlinson
24 carries 77 yards 3.2 average

Thomas Jones
24 carries 67 yards 2.8 average

Edgerrin james
10 carries 57 yards 5.7 average

Frank Gore
16 carries 52 yards 3.3 average

Marshawn Lynch
27 carries 84 yards 3.1 average

Laurence Maroney
13 carries 44 yards 3.4 average

thats better than every "good/elite RB" besides James

Here's the problem, you're saying "Well, Faulk could have done the same with those receptions" but it wasn't Kevin Faulk, it was Laurence Maroney, and the fact that Faulk can make those plays shouldn't take away from the fact that again it was in fact Maroney who made them. Do you get the point here? I don't see any Faulk detractors saying "yea, Faulk made a nice play, but was that really a play Maroney couldn't have made?".

I also don't see many people actually harping on Faulk for going out of bounds before the first down marker (even though it was an obvious mistake), and I don't see that many people getting on him for dropping an easy reception that likely could have made the comeback easier. At least not to the degree some posters have harped on Maroney for his play, even when it's not bad. Emagine if that had been Maroney who dropped that pass?

See, there's a double standard concerning players around here, and frankly it's somewhat pathetic. Why can't people simply say Maroney had a good game considering he put up 123 total offensive yards? Faulk puts up half that total, and people will be on here talking about how good he played, and how important he is to the offense. I agree that Faulk is very important to the offense right now, but there is an obvious double standard regarding this subject.

Let's pretend Maroney ran out of bounds too short and dropped that pass.:eek:
The haters would have a field day. Faulk gets the pass, because he isn't Maroney.:rolleyes:

I didn't see the drops. I saw him catch both balls thrown at him and take them for big gains.

I don't think anyone saw but Grizzafted saw Maroney drop two catchable balls last night.

I don't think anyone saw but Grizzafted saw Maroney drop two catchable balls last night.

i surely didnt.

i saw Moss drop 2 catchable, saw Welker(on the Reed pick..not all his fault though), saw Watson drop 1 and get 1 ripped out, Gaffney on a deep pass and Stallworth had a drop after a big hit

He must have an extra high def tv, that allows him to see plays that didn't happen.:D

he was key in passing game as a blocker and receiver. as a runner..what do u honestly expect against Ravens?

Willie Parker:
23 carries 42 yards 1.8 average

Rudi Johnson:
Game 1: 18 carries 52 yards 2.8 average
Game 2: 22 carries 46 yards 2.1 average

Ladainian Tomlinson
24 carries 77 yards 3.2 average

Thomas Jones
24 carries 67 yards 2.8 average

Edgerrin james
10 carries 57 yards 5.7 average

Frank Gore
16 carries 52 yards 3.3 average

Marshawn Lynch
27 carries 84 yards 3.1 average

Laurence Maroney
13 carries 44 yards 3.4 average

thats better than every "good/elite RB" besides James

Facts don't matter to those who are spending days and weeks bashing players on their purported team. Think about it: the team is 12-0 and they are spending all their time bashing the players who are part of that success.

Last edited:

Thanks for the dose of sanity.

Facts don't matter to those who are spending days and weeks bashing players on their purported team. Think about it: the team is 12-0 and they are spending all their time bashing the players who are part of that success.

agreed . they dont get the fact that defenses we've played last few weeks are GOOD. they dont get the fact the OL needs to be in sync blocking. And the fact that he doesnt get enough carries in a pass 1st offense.

they only understand : "Oh he didnt break a 30 yard run on the greatest team ever, hes terrible"

agreed . they dont get the fact that defenses we've played last few weeks are GOOD. they dont get the fact the OL needs to be in sync blocking. And the fact that he doesnt get enough carries in a pass 1st offense.

they only understand : "Oh he didnt break a 30 yard run on the greatest team ever, hes terrible"

No, I see a guy that is 225 pounds yet is not GOOD ENOUGH to beat out the Heath Evans' of the world on a 4th and 1 with the GAME ON THE LINE! Would Addai be on the sideline for Heath Evans with the GAME ON THE LINE? Puhleaze.

I think part of the problem is that they are "casual" fans, who analyze football through a "fantasy football" prism. I'm not saying LoMar hasn't been disappointing or that he doesn't need to improve and/or grow up. But these haters are sooooo one-sided and silly about it, that they lose all credibility here.

There's no point to arguing BLACK and WHITE in a world that is most decidedly gray. It's just more complicated than their arguments allow. But hey, like I said, they're casual fans - and, I suspect, quite young.

No, I see a guy that is 225 pounds yet is not GOOD ENOUGH to beat out the Heath Evans' of the world on a 4th and 1 with the GAME ON THE LINE! Would Addai be on the sideline for Heath Evans with the GAME ON THE LINE? Puhleaze.

thats SAD FOR EVANS
250 pounds and u get negative yards? Maroney has 2 TDs inside the 6 and both looked good. hasnt gotten many other opportunities.

WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE

At least we all know what you're good at. Only you could WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINEWHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE
About a player that gained 123 yards.:bricks:

WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE

At least we all know what you're good at. Only you could WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINEWHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE
About a player that gained 123 yards.:bricks:

$5 hes thinking "McFadden would've had 300!!!!"

thats SAD FOR EVANS
250 pounds and u get negative yards? Maroney has 2 TDs inside the 6 and both looked good. hasnt gotten many other opportunities.

LOL! Ya, I'm sure BB is an idiot. I'm sure he is just throwing Evans a bone and it's not because he thinks Evans is a better option than LoMo, right? Puhleaze. LoMo rides the bench on 4th and 1's because he sucks unless there is a hole. He can't make something out of nothing like the truly good backs(like McGahee last night numerous times) and he's not good enough to move the pile like Corey Dillon used to. LoMo would be a nice player if he was a 3rd rd pick. He is a waste of a 1st rd pick no matter how you slice it.

Last edited:
LOL! Ya, I'm sure BB is an idiot. I'm sure he is just throwing Evans a bone and it's not because he thinks Evans is a better option than LoMo, right? Puhleaze. LoMo rides the bench on 4th and 1's because he sucks unless there is a hole. He can't make something out of nothing like the truly good backs(like McGahee last night numerous times) and he's not good enough to move the pile like Corey Dillon used to. LoMo would be a nice player if he was a 3rd rd pick. He is a waste of a 1st rd pick no matter how you slice it.

About a player that gained 123 yards.

Last night notwithstanding, Addai has also proven himself a better pass receiver, though; while the Patriots have Faulk, it'd be nice for Maroney to emerge as a threat out of the backfield. Last night appears to have been a step in the right direction. Let's hope the trend can continue moving forward.

He looked good receiving the ball against the Redskins, and he made nice catch and run plays against both the bengals and the Vikings last year. The problem hasn't been what Maroney's done with the chances, and it's the fact that NE doesn't throw it to him very often. Obviously Kevin Faulk being a member of the NE Patriots is a large reason for that, but since the beginning of the season I've been saying the Patriots need to use Maroney as a receiver more often, and they should try and design more plays with the purpose of getting him into the open field.

I'm not saying throw the ball his way 10 times a game, but I think sending him out for receptions at least two or three times during a 60 minute football game wouldn't be a bad idea. And, if he drops one pass you can't let that stop you from going back to him later.

You add so much to this discussion. Sorry, but you can pull the 6 year-old "put a finger in both ears" routine all you want. It doesn't take away from the fact that I am making legitemate points and the Maroney apologists have nothing but lame excuses to combat them.

Last edited:
You add so much to this discussion. Sorry, but you can pull the 6 year-old "put two fingers in the ear" routine all you want. It doesn't take away from the fact that I am making legitemate points and the Maroney apologists have nothing but lame excuses to combat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing