PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texans trade wide receiver Keshawn Martin to New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't bode well for Dobson, whom I was higher than most this season.

Or not, since I have no idea who that is. Still, if he's able to bring something to this team, i Welcome him

Dobson needs an opportunity. Brady didn't look in his direction one single time outside of that hitch on Thursday. Don't flame me like I'm hating on the Goat, I'm just speaking on what I observed.

I think him and KT will be battling for the #5 WR position once Lafell comes back. Who knows, maybe even Dobson as well if he continues to not show much.

Dobson needs an opportunity. Brady didn't look in his direction one single time outside of that hitch on Thursday. Don't flame me like I'm hating on the Goat, I'm just speaking on what I observed.
I think it's just more of a trust issue, but then again can you blame them?

I think he will start off just as a KR. I feel like I've seen him play well before.

I think it's just more of a trust issue, but then again can you blame them?

I won't blame the quarterback for ignoring a reciever while he is dominating games and winning them. I also won't blame the reciever for not being productive.

I think he will start off just as a KR. I feel like I've seen him play well before.

He has some decent numbers vs the Pats. Check him out at profootballreference.com

Receiving, punts, kickoffs....

probably a conditional pick that he will not meet the condition of. Texans probably thought it would look better to "trade" him as oppose to cut him. Pats will look at him. Cut him and keep the file on him just in case.

I was hoping he would be taller. We need laffells size and toughness. He was a huge part of our offense in the playoffs and redzone last year

Until he comes back I was hoping we would go after a physical tall Possession Wr

At the end of the day, if its Harper, KT, Pryor, Wayne, this team is not satisfied with it's depth at KR, PR and WR positions.

They are going into...

download.png

Well, they're acting on the Texans forums the way we did when Devey got traded away. Although, that seemed to work okay in week 1 for SF...

Well, they're acting on the Texans forums the way we did when Devey got traded away. Although, that seemed to work okay in week 1 for SF...

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I know next to nothing about this guy. What are their complaints about him?

Don't get too excited about him. While he has the tools, he has never been able to put it together (work ethic issues?) and has had problems holding onto the ball. He was borderline to make the team this year and if Houston had anyone else who could walk and chew gum at the same time he probably would have been cut. Who knows, maybe he'll "get it" in New England, but I doubt it.

It's a small move, but I like it. With the WR corps basically down to just Edelman and Amendola, this allows those two to just focus on receiving, as Martin can take over the return duties.

This. I don't see how the move makes sense otherwise. Despite how great Edelman is as a returner, I just think he is too valuable to the team as a go-to receiver to continue in that returner role.

Bill has been making moves at KR for a few weeks. Harper was doing it, he traded for that Saunders kid from NO but that didn't work out, now this guy. I am getting the message that Bill wants to be dangerous in the return game without risking his top two receivers.

Add me to the list that thinks this trade was all about the return game. Given the WR depth, Edelman and Amendola are both way to valuable to risk that those positions before the playoffs; it makes sense to look for a 5th WR who also has some return skills as well.

One thing that that seems to be missing is whether Martin is 5'10 or 6'? If he's 6' then he's another KT, tallish and skinny, but with more speed. A 6.8 three cone is good quickness. At any rate I don't think the Pats are looking for any more "big bodied" receiver. I believe they are comfortable with Gronk Chandler and Dobson providing enough of the big receiver look to run the offense..

Last edited:
Everyone keeps saying this will save Edelman from punts but if anything I think this might save Dion Lewis from returning kicks.

If they were so worried about Jules why not just have Amendola do it. I think they love Jules as punt returner.

Kick returner on the other hand has been pretty bad the last few years and if Dion is going to get tons of reps maybe best to save him. And I don't know they like Dion as KR as much as they love Jules as PR.

Does anyone know if he was ever shown or discussed in any of the Hard Knocks episodes?
I feel like the Texans had some receiving talent that was cut on the show...meaning this kid must be pretty decent to have made the team, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents