PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texans trade wide receiver Keshawn Martin to New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Texans are a middle of the pack team again then this is another one of those deals where the Pats move down about half a round late in the draft to get a player. It's a really, really low investment.

Not to mention we seem to do pretty well with those 6th round picks. :)

I believe Martin will play a kick return role for us. Hopefully this will save some wear and tear on Edelman who is our de facto #1 WR right now.

Dangerous with the ball in open field:

A couple of thoughts come to mind:

1. If Rex is going to continue to use disguised blitzes and combinations where Front 7 personnel drop into coverage while DBs rush the passer, then good luck covering that kid, Edelman and Lewis.
2. They might be planning some reverses and end-arounds to (as some have suggested) make the line run sideline to sideline early to tire them out.

Playbook has now become this kid's life.

I think that this will happen when Martin passes his physical, perhaps today. Otherwise, I don't think that Martin can be officially added, and he can't practice.
Yes- That is my understanding as well.

So we are moving down 20 or so spots for this kid huh? Be a pity if he does not contribute something.

Curious to see what the plan is.

Sensible. He was the primary candidate discussed in the Pryor thread.

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyed 3m3 minutes ago
Cutting DT Khyri Thornton makes room for newly acquired WR KeShawn Martin.

So this opens a spot for Keshawn Martin

I expect that Thornton is eligible for the Practice Squad. At this point, we have no DL's on the Practice Squad.

Palmer (WR) is excess with Thompksins and Harper on the squad, and Martin added to the 53.

Huh huh huh. You said "****"...and "Doodie." Huh huh huh.

Butt_head.png

You'll always win with that kockadoodie reference

Keshawn Martin had the distinction of being the worse Slot WR in the League in Houston also had questionable *hands* to boot. My question now: is there more to him? Martin has all world speed and Houston's QB situation had been abysmal after Matt Shaub. Can Brady turn him around he's plenty young with this being his Fourth Season. Could he be like Bethel Johnson who was threat in the return game and also catch an occasional deep pass? I would be very happy with that.

Could you please cite your reference regarding him being the worst slot receiver and questionable hands?

Thank you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick