PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texans name Hoyer starting QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Steelers won those SBs because of their legendary Defense and very solid running game, not because of Bradshaw.

Exactly the point I was trying to make, you can be dumber then a pile of rocks and still win a SB or 2 or 3 or 4. I remember him replying about his passing game and his response was something like, see open reciever, throw ball, hope they catch it.

Plus they only ousted the greatest coach of all time.

And yet that franchise has done better than most, for example winning a Super Bowl one year before the greatest coach of all time did.

Except the game Mallet played and got hurt last season and just lit it up but i agree Hoyer is a gamer.
Heres a question if Cassel gets released do we sign him as a third QB?

We have two healthy QBs, neither of whom will be suspended. Why hire a third?

Exactly the point I was trying to make, you can be dumber then a pile of rocks and still win a SB or 2 or 3 or 4. I remember him replying about his passing game and his response was something like, see open reciever, throw ball, hope they catch it.

Yeah, you can also become a multi-millionaire by playing the lottery but your odds aren't very good, I'd rather have a QB who understands what's going on and reacts appropriately, the opposite of what Mallett has done so far. For the record, the Texans will NOT win the SB this season :)

Yeah, you can also become a multi-millionaire by playing the lottery but your odds aren't very good, I'd rather have a QB who understands what's going on and reacts appropriately, the opposite of what Mallett has done so far. For the record, the Texans will NOT win the SB this season :)

I agree the Texans will NOT win the SB this season, my bet is on the Patriots :)

"He may be dumber than a box of rocks" reminds me of what they used to say about Terry Bradshaw and he went on to win 4 Super Bowls.

"He couldn't spell Cat if you spotted him the C and the T" Love that quote. :)

Shocker here.

Mallett may have had a reasonable shot (or maybe not, maybe it was all BS from O'Brien) to be the starter, but he was going to have to play lights out in order to do so. It was hard for me to envision them paying Hoyer 5.5m to lose the job right off the bat.

Now...he may lose the job down the road, and I'm guessing that he will, but that's a different discussion.

At least Hoyer shows some type of leadership qualities and tries to take control of the huddle and team. Mallett just fails miserably in that area.

Either way, they'll likely both have plenty of chances to show what they have during the regular season, although I'd have to bet that they'll both be nothing more than mediocre.

Mallet is NOT a starting QB. The guy is not good. He also caves under pressure and gets a ****ty look on his face when things go bad.

Happy for Hoyer. Cleveland screwed him last year when he had the Browns in the playoff hunt.

Mallet is like a crappy version of Jay Cutler.

Yeah

I'm happy for him. He deserves it. I don't know why Cleveland was so non-committal last year.

Cleveland is the new Oakland - a dysfunctional and inhospitable wasteland. Lucky for him he got out of there.

Maybe Oakland is still Oakland, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents