PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texans' Matt Schaub out for season - affect on AFC playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: News which could impact the Playoff seeding: Schaub is injured

Filed to ESPN: Texans quarterback Matt Schaub is out for the season with a lis franc injury. Matt Leinart from here on in.

Twitter

Just need the AFCN to beat on each other enough for everybody to get a loss and the Pats get HFA if they win out.

Re: OT: Schefter: Matt Schaub out for season... there go the Texans.

If Leinart is careful with the ball, the Texans will still make the post season!

The AFC North is the obstacle in the Pats way of getting to the SB this year now.

I think Leinert could do well in that offense, I always thought Arizona was the wrong place for him. They should still win the South, barring Chris Johnson building off of yesterday and going back to his old self.

Hard to see the Texans remaining at the top of the AFC with Matt Leinart at the helm.

Twitter

Wow. Sucks for them. That franchise seems snakebitten. The one year they actually have a chance to win the division (with Peyton Manning out), and they're in great position to do so, they lose Andre Johnson, Mario Williams, and now Matt Schaub.

The winner of the AFC South will probably be a 9-7 team now. Maybe Foster and their defense will be enough to get them 10 wins, but they can kiss a top 2 seed goodbye. Great news for the Patriots, however, even though you don't like to see those kinds of injuries.

now there season is over, they still may make the playoffs but they are one and done without Schaub

#1 defense #1 running game and a top 3 WR in the NFL? Teams in far worse spots have won a lot more than a single playoff game.

Trent Dilfer won a SB. Rex Grossman led a team to a SB. Houston will be fine as long as they don't mentally collapse.

Houston will be just fine.

Tough loss when this team was in the middle of the best run of their career.

Indy is finally not the automatic champion, Schaub is clicking, defense is emerging, one of the best WR's in the league, two-headed RB tandem.

#1 defense #1 running game and a top 3 WR in the NFL? Teams in far worse spots have won a lot more than a single playoff game.

Trent Dilfer won a SB. Rex Grossman led a team to a SB. Houston will be fine as long as they don't mentally collapse.

Houston's schedule the rest of the way:

at Jax
vs Atl
at Cin
vs Car
at Ind
vs Ten

I think they could do anything from 3-3 to 5-1. The Atl, Cin, and Ten games will be very tough for them at this point, given the injuries.

I don't see them missing the playoffs, though.

Tough break, but at least they don't have Curtis Painter as the back up. Plus they have an the best WR in the NFL, best running back tandem in the NFL and best defense in the NFL. They're still in it.

Houston's schedule the rest of the way:

at Jax
vs Atl
at Cin
vs Car
at Ind
vs Ten

I think they could do anything from 3-3 to 5-1. The Atl, Cin, and Ten games will be very tough for them at this point, given the injuries.

I don't see them missing the playoffs, though.

In fact, I actually see this as bad news for the........Jets. Why? Because I think the Bengals likely win that matchup now, and that makes it harder for the Jets to get a Wild Card spot.

Houston will be just fine.

Care to elaborate on this observation? Quite a drop off from Schaub to Leinart.

Care to elaborate on this observation? Quite a drop off from Schaub to Leinart.

Top defense, top running game, top WR, good offensive coach. Team will be smart enough not to expose Leinart. Both their backs are on pace for 1200 yards this season, maybe more with Schaub going down.

They have a good enough team in every phase to simply not allow Leinart to lose for them.

They'll be fine.

Wow!

I would think that Schaub might be in the probowl if the vote were held before this week end. Leinert is a HUGE step down.

Top defense, top running game, top WR, good offensive coach. Team will be smart enough not to expose Leinart. Both their backs are on pace for 1200 yards this season, maybe more with Schaub going down.

They have a good enough team in every phase to simply not allow Leinart to lose for them.

They'll be fine.

He has a lis franc injury which basically means he's done for the year.
Ty Law suffered the same injury in 2004 which essentially ended his season.

Wow!

I would think that Schaub might be in the probowl if the vote were held before this week end. Leinert is a HUGE step down.

Maybe. I doubt he'd get the nod over Brady, Ben, or maybe even Hasselbeck. He's not putting up the numbers they usually do, they don't need to rely on the passing game like in previous seasons. I'm not sure if Foster and Tate are as good as their numbers or if they just have the best running scheme in the NFL, but either way, they don't need to ask a whole lot from their QB's like they had to in years past.

Jim Irsay heavy on the voodoo in the AFC South it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes