PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Terrence Wheatley "The time is now, no more 'free' years"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Terrence Wheatley "The time is now,no more 'free' years"

Quite right. It seems wrong to have to include "barring injury" or "if he is healthy" in every predictive thread.

Haha, I posted this and then just a few hours later they cut him. I ate my crow in the cut thread, so I guess I'll eat it here too.

In my defense, someone posted a link to a Reiss article there stating Springs failed a physical, so it's not like my points were invalid by themselves. They just became meaningless since he wasn't healthy.

How comforting!!! Im tired of hearing these types of comments from the players. Another Maroney monologue.

No kidding.

Words are meaningless, Terry; we want results. In fact, why don't you just keep your words to your lil' self until you actually, you know, help us win some games, 'mkay?

Last edited:
He better build some strength in those wrists. I don't care if he has to pleasure himself 5 times a day in order to do so just don't break that wrist again

He better build some strength in those wrists. I don't care if he has to pleasure himself 5 times a day in order to do so just don't break that wrist again

Whoa! Just the OPPOSITE of what my mother used to say to me. :confused:

No more "free" years?! WTF was last year? a GD dress rehearsal?! How about no more "free" money until you start playing like you freakin mean it!

Great post.

At least he's recognizing it's man-up time so that's good (check) but wtf was his perception before? He didn't understand that it's ALWAYS man-up time?

BB drafted exactly the kind of players he needs, guys who love the game, guys with leadership, and like Holt, guys who understand what it means to win. There's no free ride here dude, BB cuts deep.

Great post.

At least he's recognizing it's man-up time so that's good (check) but wtf was his perception before? He didn't understand that it's ALWAYS man-up time?

BB drafted exactly the kind of players he needs, guys who love the game, guys with leadership, and like Holt, guys who understand what it means to win. There's no free ride here dude, BB cuts deep.

See, I find it hard to believe that if he really didn't get that last year, BB wouldn't have kept him around. I think we might be taking his words and running with them a bit.

I don't mean to brag, but I've never suffered a broken wrist on either hand in my entire life.

See, I find it hard to believe that if he really didn't get that last year, BB wouldn't have kept him around. I think we might be taking his words and running with them a bit.

I almost added something along this line but I didn't have time to get into it then, but here's what I was thinking (and naturally none of us knows the real answers, that is unless BB decides to post here, call us, or finally write his memoirs): maybe Wheatley's remark wasn't so much a reflection of his own attitude but instead a reflection of something more like an undercurrent. I only wonder that based on BB's draft, mostly quality of leadership and love of the game, qualities that we even perceived as wanting. I'd assume BB kept TW (at least so far) and others because of talent. With the right locker room zeitgeist that talent has a better chance to flourish. I dunno?

Or maybe we're blowing the whole thing out of proportion. It's only freaking MAY too:bricks: These long offseasons have got to stop:D

Great post.

Didn't Brace say something to the same effect in camp last year? And then wasn't seen or heard of again - except a couple of times in Antarctica?

My 7th grade English teacher woke me up to that, the ancient women would say "don't ever say you are sorry, do something about it!". I think women are more hep to that then boys/men. (Please be quiet - edited) and get busy - ALL OF YOU!

Last edited:
I don't mean to brag, but I've never suffered a broken wrist on either hand in my entire life.

me neither, had some mean callus action and carpal tunnel however...

Didn't Brace say something to the same effect in camp last year? And then wasn't seen or heard of again - except a couple of times in Antarctica?

My 7th grade English teacher woke me up to that, the ancient women would say "don't ever say you are sorry, do something about it!". I think women are more hep to that then boys/men. (Please be quiet - edited) and get busy - ALL OF YOU!

Brace was a rookie last year, i dont think he was saying anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes