Welcome to PatsFans.com

Training camp battles to determine the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Box_O_Rocks, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

NFL - - FOX Sports on MSN

2. farn

farn 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +40 / 2 / -0

Woods is the starter... I wouldn't call Crable a "long-shot".

Bodden should start, but I'm not sure about all the Wilhite love. He may very well be the starter, which is great if he shows that much in TC... but Springs and Wheatley have as much chance.

3. robertweathers

robertweathers Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +76 / 3 / -1

I could be misreading the article but I think what the author meant was that Crable is a long-shot to start. That I would agree with. I certainly think that Crable will make the club and play on gameday.

4. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

That's my take, Crable played a few downs in preseason, then injured himself in practice and was placed on IR during the regular season - not even a ST's rep. The reports suggest he's done well using that time to get stronger and studying tape of Big Willie, but he's still got to get it done in pads and there will be a learning curve to complete as he takes his new knowledge and applies it in practice and games. I'd have also added Redd to that summary, BB has made an effort to mention his offseason whenever he's been asked and Redd even has a few game reps replacing Vrabel under his belt.

It's Woods' start to lose and I don't expect him to fall behind the kids without one of them comes on faster than I expect. This is a BB defense and the more experienced Woods has a big edge with his time in the system.

5. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +245 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

other than the fact you shouldn't pencil anyone into the superbowl automaticlly I think this comment is off. They are serious SB contenders period. I think going 11-5 without Brady says that this team can compete for a SB almost regardless of what happens.

One LB and the Secondary is a concern but there is so much talent to fill the holes it would be a complete disaster from the front office if most of this didn't work out because that would mean like 10 failures. With this teams track record it is almost virtually immpossible to miss that many times.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.