PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Terrell Owens to Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am sorry for Drew Bledsoe...

i do not know if he will be happy to have him like 1st weapon...

italianpatthepatriot said:
i am sorry for Drew Bledsoe...

i do not know if he will be happy to have him like 1st weapon...

This will work! Bledsoe is already used to abuse.

nah...
TO is very very different...

RayClay said:
This will work! Bledsoe is already used to abuse.
Yes, but from a teammate?

T.O. should help Bledsoe get to HOF type numbers sooner. However, it's not just numbers and I don't think Drew ever gets into Canton.

I think (from afar, admittedly) that the only thing that keeps T.O. from more horror shows with a third team is medication, which I'd bet he'd never look into, if for no other reason than he'd be afraid it would slow him down.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Yes, but from a teammate?

T.O. should help Bledsoe get to HOF type numbers sooner. However, it's not just numbers and I don't think Drew ever gets into Canton.

I think (from afar, admittedly) that the only thing that keeps T.O. from more horror shows with a third team is medication, which I'd bet he'd never look into, if for no other reason than he'd be afraid it would slow him down.

I'm kind of new on this forum.

For many of my posts you can assume one of these :rolleyes:

Or many of these :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Especially when T.O. is involved. :D

I'm watching the PC now on NFL Network and TO looks a little uncomfortable as Jerry Jones discusses risk reward gambling scenarios.

All he's had so far is a brief is a phone conversation with Tuna. LOL. Tuna is letting Jerry run this dog and pony show.

Lots of promises from TO that he won't let Jerry down. TO says this is like the situation in Philly (only on Americas team) where they are only a player away. Too bad that player is the QB.

Edited to say it's been a long time since Rosenhaus and TO have had to spend this much time being upstaged by an owner - and sitting by and listening to all the questions about his relationship with Tuna and Tuna's feelings on this, and where is Tuna, and how do you sell this to a fan base who hates TO, and why do you believe him.......:rofl:

Last edited:
Bledslow will discover that TO will make Keyshawn look like Mr. Rogers on the sidelines after he doesn't get one of his "touches". :bricks: :rolleyes:

IIRC, the new CBA eliminates a lot of the measures that Philly took last year to rid themselves of TO. My understanding is that a player could wreak a lot of havoc (or at least a lot more NOW) without the team having much recourse.

Good luck, Dallas. :D

im looking forward to the cowboys 1st game in philly. better have 5 times the normal security

PatsFan24 said:
im looking forward to the cowboys 1st game in philly. better have 5 times the normal security

Yeah me too I think T.O. will get a very rude reception and then go out and torch the Eagles.

wow $10 mill first year, then $8m and $7m year 3...

now whats weird is base salary goes $5,$5,$4. so much for it having to go up every year.

Couple of things stood out:

First, Parcells was not there due to prior committments. Yeah, right. He and Jerry reached this decision the way they do all their decisions, no kidding. The Dallas media is not gonna play along. They asked tough questions and challenged his and Rosenhaus' claims that all would be well this time because he's happy to be here. TO looked a little stunned by the bluntness of the questions, and the way they challenged his delusional answers. When directly asked just what it is TO claims to have learned in the last year his ultimate answer was he's always been a good teamate - just ask anyone. To which one media member commented so you haven't learned anything then. Rosenhaus had to jump in a few times bellowing his drivel and even Jones started backtracking his earlier risk comments to try to diffuse a testier media than I think they expected.

Rosenhaus insists 7 teams who shall remain nameless were in hot persuit - this was not TO's only option and the Cowboys really stepped up. What that translates to is they may have given him a deal without all the incentive based loopholes as a show of faith. :eek: NFL Network scroll says it's a 3 year deal. This deal was basically all done by phone primarily by Jerry's kid who acts as GM. No face to face until Jerry picked him up in the Lear Jet (where according to Rosenhaus they (that's Jerry and TO hold the Tuna) poignantly and almost physically bonded :eek: :eek: (we need a barf smilie).

Jerry's attitude seems to be we won Superbowls in Dallas with a-holes, as did Tuna in NY, so why should this be any different? He referenced how Tuna is so good dealing with these misunderstood players while maintaining chemistry - even mentioning Antonio Bryant! :confused: I must have been asleep when that worked. Well, Jerry, in Dallas and for Tuna 20 years ago and today as Rich Eisen keeps reminding me on the NFL Network it's an NFL world and we're livin' in it - and everybody knows everybody's dirty little club house secrets within minutes.

TO hasn't talked to Drew yet. I doubt anyone affiliated with the Cowboys has. But TO is looking forward to working out with Drew. I hope he enjoys spending time in Walla Walla - maybe they can go hunting and fishing together (sans ammo and hooks though). Can't you just see how these two will click? This will be the ultimate test of Mac and Drew's parenting philosophy.

By the time the regular season started last year, Tuna looked so little like the guy who coached here. It seemed as if, contrary to what he had convinced himself, as he realized Drew handn't basically changed a lick beyond aging and absorbing more hits he began to look like a coach playing out the string. Jerry had to gove him a one year extension just to keep him from bolting in his usual never finish a contract scenario. I don't think this Parcells can do half what the 80's and 90's version could. It's a young mans game and the players have more money and outlets and less fear than ever before.

This could almost be painful to watch except for the arrogance on so many sides.

Oh is this going to be enjoyable to watch.

Maybe we should start a pool on when the **** hits the fan in Dallas. Will Tuna have a stroke? Will Tuna choke TO? When will Drew Rosenhaus have his 1st "next question" press conference? -:) I'm surprised at the money he got. Hey, it's Jerry Jones's money and he can be a dumb as he wants with it. I thought Terry Glenn was Bledslow's favorite reciever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference