PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We’re #31!

I’m curious to how much, if at all, our defense will suffer without Belichick’s defensive game planning. For all his faults, he was still great at that.
With Mayo, Covington, and High (+Pellegrino), they'll be fine.

Mayo is of the same ilk as DeMeco Ryans: smart, young, DROY, 1st Team All-Pros, 2x PB, team captains. Their resumes are almost identical. The biggest difference is Mayo learned from Belichick, while Ryans learned from Saleh.

I like his chances.

There were 3 people in that 'Control of the Defense'. Two of them are no longer with the team.
That's a good thing. Too many chefs in the kitchen.

The Pats WERE a QB away from a post season berth. When BB was forced to play Corky his fate was sealed.

Kraft is talking the playoffs this season. How can that be when BB ran the Pats into the ground according to the fanbase?
All these complaints about the team are amusing, considering the team is mostly the same as how Bill left it, with the exception that it's slightly better. None of the players that have left contributed very much. In fact, some were huge problems (Mac, Parker). They kept the best players or depth players.

The new players signed replaced the departing players and in most cases improved the roster. The roster has about 70 players signed. The draft is yet to happen, and will add another 8 players. Then you have UDFAs, and UFAs yet to be signed, nvm about possible trades.

On the playoffs, this is what Kraft said:

"My hope, and expectations, is to make the playoffs. That’s something, realistically, we have a new leadership team, we’re going to have a lot of young players we don’t know – a lot can happen. We might struggle more than I want. But the good news, when you’re running any businesses, you try to figure out what the key variables are, and then you try to put people in place that you think can react and adapt to what has to happen. I really feel we have a good young team. I just hope we don’t struggle. But in the end, everything is chit-chat until you get on the field. X’s and O’s are where it’s at."

Seems like a pretty realistic take to me.

All these complaints about the team are amusing, considering the team is mostly the same as how Bill left it, with the exception that it's slightly better. None of the players that have left contributed very much. In fact, some were huge problems (Mac, Parker). They kept the best players or depth players.

The new players signed replaced the departing players and in most cases improved the roster. The roster has about 70 players signed. The draft is yet to happen, and will add another 8 players. Then you have UDFAs, and UFAs yet to be signed, nvm about possible trades.

On the playoffs, this is what Kraft said:

"My hope, and expectations, is to make the playoffs. That’s something, realistically, we have a new leadership team, we’re going to have a lot of young players we don’t know – a lot can happen. We might struggle more than I want. But the good news, when you’re running any businesses, you try to figure out what the key variables are, and then you try to put people in place that you think can react and adapt to what has to happen. I really feel we have a good young team. I just hope we don’t struggle. But in the end, everything is chit-chat until you get on the field. X’s and O’s are where it’s at."

Seems like a pretty realistic take to me.
Your man Thunder is the one who brought up the Playoffs. Nobody put words in his mouth.

I ask again. How can Kraft bring up the post season when all the Mayo gang talk about is a total 2 - 3 year rebuild? BB ran the team into the ditch according to the people who begged for his firing.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Your man Thunder is the one who brought up the Playoffs. Nobody put words in his mouth.
He's the Patriots #1 fan.

I ask again. How can Kraft bring up the post season when all the Mayo gang talk about is a total 2 - 3 year rebuild? BB ran the team into the ditch according to the people who begged for his firing.
He's the Patriots #1 fan.

Pats won 5 games in 2000 and the following year won the Super Bowl.

Pats won 4 games in 2023. When you deduct for Brady and then add Mayo back in, the playoffs are looking good.
The Pats won 4 games in 1999 and Brady was added in 2000. Per that schedule, they will win 5 games next year with Brissett starting and win the super bowl in 2025 with pick #3. Sounds good to me.

The Pats won 4 games in 1999 and Brady was added in 2000. Per that schedule, they will win 5 games next year with Brissett starting and win the super bowl in 2025 with pick #3. Sounds good to me.
Never happen.

Last time Patriots were rated #31 was week two 2001.

A #31 ranking does increase the likelihood that we will exceed expectations. There's that.

The lack of talent on this team is apparent to everyone, even the worthless clowns at espn

I have always been surprised how much fans care about power rankings. Never made sense to me.
I enjoy checking them all out during the season. It's surprising how far apart they are with some teams.

Everyone and their mother has the Pats at 31 of 32 at this point, including Vegas odds to win the SB. Nothing to see here.
And I feel it's about right. So I'm not offended. We really are that bad.

since when?
That's a great question. They had a 20 year stretch of not being the dog very often and they've been pretty much losing since.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back