PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson Combine Measurables.......

the Pats have tried seemingly every avenue there is to find a true #1 WR...I think it's time they draft a woman....

2009-04-24_0050_LingerieFootball.jpg

what a great pair of...er...hands...

Tavon Austin or bust (pardon the pun, about the post above mine). I've never seen a player that would be a more perfect Patriot draft choice, than Tavon. he is the ultimate Swiss Army Knife that BB loves. Hernandez running out of the backfield ? Austin is 10x a better runner than Hernandez. Kick Returns, Punt Returns, a Perfect Patriot's pick. AND, while learning the Pat's offense, he can return kicks and punts.

One game against Oklahoma, he had 572 all purpose yards !!! 344 yards rushing on only 21 carries. The 344 yards rushing was a school record ! And he's a WR !

This is such a perfect pick for the Pats, so therefore you know this won't happen. In fact, don't be surprised if BB doesn't even draft a WR.

I think steadman baileyb would be good for that pats.

I think steadman baileyb would be good for that pats.

Measured very well.

This is an outstanding class, particularly of the the type of short area quickness type receivers the Patriots like: Patterson, Austin, Woods, Wheaton, Patton, Bailey, Ace Sanders. Take your pick.

I believe it was Steve Martin who devised a method of walking silently in cordarrelle pants.

Yeah, Julio only had 3.65X more NCAA receptions than Hill. Great comeback.

Didn't realise college stats were everything. Stupid Giants for picking JPP huh! Should have had Vernon Gholston who had more than 3.65x sacks than JPP :p

Patterson could be a bust. He could also be one of the best players in the NFL with his unique blend of size and agility. He's a 6'3" Tavon Austin.

This is why I really hate combine week. It's all about track and field measurables and spin. Hopefully Bill is just there to gather additional information on players he's already interested in based on scouting reports and game film and probing their football intellect via initia interviews and gathering up their medical data.

Keep telling yourself he won't get a Chad Jackson sized boner over some over muscled gaudy numbers combine wonder

At first glance, it appears as if the Patriots are showing at least a little interest in the bigger, more physical type of receiver through the draft. That's a very good thing.

They're also nippy buggers that fit the usual model. Both should have good 3-cones.

Patterson could be a bust. He could also be one of the best players in the NFL with his unique blend of size and agility. He's a 6'3" Tavon Austin.

What are the chances that someone like Patterson would be on the board though, especially if he's the #1 WR coming out?

Same question with a guy like T.Austin. Where are you projecting both to go?

What are the chances that someone like Patterson would be on the board though, especially if he's the #1 WR coming out?

Same question with a guy like T.Austiin. Where are you projecting both to go?

Patterson most likely won't be. He's generally regarded as the #1 receiver. Much more chance Tavon Austin will be. I suspect they're just doing due diligence on Patterson in case he falls.

It's interesting that we've found out they're talking to just about every RT at the combine but have only heard about two WR's. That might just be as simple as the information not percolating through properly, or it might be that they have a particular WR requirement in mind.

Patterson most likely won't be. He's generally regarded as the #1 receiver. Much more chance Tavon Austin will be. I suspect they're just doing due diligence on Patterson in case he falls.

It's interesting that we've found out they're talking to just about every RT at the combine but have only heard about two WR's. That might just be as simple as the information not percolating through properly, or it might be that they have a particular WR requirement in mind.

I'll try to stay optimistic regarding the bolded. :cool:

I'm guessing that they just take care of business with many different options, for example--trading down/trading up, who may be left in what projected areas, etc. I'm assuimg that it's nothing more than Belichick having all of his options open for just about every different scenario imaginable.

It could also cross some names off the list too, depending upon their scouting take and how they handle themselves and answer certain questions etc. After all, that's what they are there to do this weekend--scout. I think we see the team talk to a lot of top 10-15 guys just about every year, understaning that they probably won't be around.

I'd be very happy with either of your receivers though, no doubt.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back