PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Forgotten talent to keep in mind when mocking the draft and free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard a lot of talk about Armstead, but I think the best way to move forward is to expect nothing from him. Seriously, he has been out of football for a year and has not seen an NFL practice field. We know nothing about the details of his infection. I have tried really hard to do some research on this but there are no details out there.

Here is what I do know. He had a heart attack as a result of Toradol. He was been out for a year with some mysterious illness or infection. It would be likely that the two are related. His infection required surgery. There are only a few infections that actually require surgery. I remember reading somewhere that his heart attack left his heart in a state where he would require a defibrillator or pacemaker. those pacemaker sites can get infected. That would require surgery and put him out for the year. MRSA would be a common bacteria if that were the case.

If he had some other unrelated infection or illness, then he's just a health hazard period on top of his history of heart attack.

Some speculation to think about.

Yeah, his situation is weird, speaking as one with no knowledge.

Healthy though, he could make the team athletically and otherwise, it seems

Armond Armstead, DT –

Mark Harrison, WR –

Corey Grissom, DT –

TJ Moe, WR –

DJ Williams, TE –

Steve Beauharnais, LB –

Jake Bequette, DE –

Chris Barker, OG –

Sam McGuffie, RB/WR –

Reggie Dunn, WR/KR –

Marcus Fortson, DT –

All guys (well except maybe Bequette) with potential and could make an impact but no one that surely fills a need.

McGuffie's high school highlights are just nasty.

Biggest need in FA for the Pats, imo, is a solid, pass-rushing DE. I have a feeling Jared Allen might be finishing his career in New England.

I completely disagree. Tom Brady was sacked 40 times last season.
He won't survive another season like that.

Your concern for the pass rush is commendable. Too you didn't note that we had 48 sacks last season, the most a Pats team has had since Ray Berry was the coach 30 years ago, despite all the injuries.

We need some talent in the interior O line. That is the number one need. Remember: Brady was sacked 40 times last season. :eek::eek:

Biggest need in FA for the Pats, imo, is a solid, pass-rushing DE. I have a feeling Jared Allen might be finishing his career in New England.

I completely disagree. Tom Brady was sacked 40 times last season.
He won't survive another season like that.

Your concern for the pass rush is commendable. Too you didn't note that we had 48 sacks last season, the most a Pats team has had since Ray Berry was the coach 30 years ago, despite all the injuries.

We need some talent in the interior O line. That is the number one need. Remember: Brady was sacked 40 times last season. Our biggest need is to keep him healthy. :eek::eek:

We need some talent in the interior O line. That is the number one need. Remember: Brady was sacked 40 times last season. Our biggest need is to keep him healthy. :eek::eek:

I think the best answer is that we need improvements in the trenches...period.

That includes both lines on both sides of the ball. We need to shore up our interior offensive lineman, while improving upon our interior DT push + even possibly considering another capable DE as well.

Jones/Ninkovich aren't going to hold up playing 95% of the snaps next year any more than Brady will getting sacked 40 times.

Of course, one can always argue that a some portion of those sacks can be attributed to the lack of proper receiving outlets as well, so that's another area that needs improved upon.

McGuffie's high school highlights are just nasty.

I knew I shouldn't have jumped the gun and bought the 300 dollar version of the Kenbrell Thompkins jersey just yet.

Now I've got to swap it out for a McGuffie throwback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3