PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tedy Bruschi needs a Cigarette After Talking About Brandon Spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word of mouth certainly is part of it but what I really think it is more then anything is just lazyness or dumb reporters too. As it is much easier to just assume he is slow and thus not good in coverage then to actually understand zone concepts. Despite this being the ultimate team sport the media still looks at it from an individual prespective.

That's a good point. The media is often where it begins in the first place.

A DT? What you have against Vince and Love? they are both beasts. I also think that the Ninko has proven to be a pretty good DE thus far but I could see expecting better there but outside of two Vinces your not going to get to many guys better then Love.

Ninko looked better in the Bills game after a not so great Ravens game (again though, with the rest of the defense it seemed). I think he's still learning to play with his hand on the ground, learning to play heavier, etc. Hopefully the Bills game was the sign of continued progression towards that end. We know the guy is smart enough and hard working enough to get better, so I'm going to assume he continues to improve and becomes a solid DE opposite Jones.

Ninko looked better in the Bills game after a not so great Ravens game (again though, with the rest of the defense it seemed). I think he's still learning to play with his hand on the ground, learning to play heavier, etc. Hopefully the Bills game was the sign of continued progression towards that end. We know the guy is smart enough and hard working enough to get better, so I'm going to assume he continues to improve and becomes a solid DE opposite Jones.

Just to cite one example of many from the Ravens game, Ninko would have had a last drive killing sack had he not been held by the OT who had the crook of his elbow around Ninko's throat. Clearly shown on the replay from the behind the QB camera. Egregious.

Just to cite one example of many from the Ravens game, Ninko would have had a last drive killing sack had he not been held by the OT who had the crook of his elbow around Ninko's throat. Clearly shown on the replay from the behind the QB camera. Egregious.

That was just one of many. I saw the same thing happen to both Jones and Cunningham as well. It's almost like Baltimore scouted the refs before the game and realized that they always miss that particular type of holding, so they did it all game long and it worked to perfection.

That was just one of many. I saw the same thing happen to both Jones and Cunningham as well. It's almost like Baltimore scouted the refs before the game and realized that they always miss that particular type of holding, so they did it all game long and it worked to perfection.

I think they were repeatedly beat early and forced to blatantly hold in order to prevent a sack. Once they realized they weren't getting called for it they started having a field day. There's a reason Flacco magically started getting more time and running lanes were opening after the first quarter.

I think they were repeatedly beat early and forced to blatantly hold in order to prevent a sack. Once they realized they weren't getting called for it they started having a field day. There's a reason Flacco magically started getting more time and running lanes were opening after the first quarter.
Credit their coaching staff for playing to the level of the refs. We should have done the same thing.

Credit their coaching staff for playing to the level of the refs. We should have done the same thing.

One would think, but I'm sure we would have been called for them had we done that. Heck, we got called for holds and illegal contacts that DIDN'T happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News