PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow's plummeting stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Orton is a far better QB than Tim Tebow in the NFL. I'm not sure what in the hell McDaniels was thinking when he drafted him.

Orton to Lloyd has been spectacular.

Hubris.

Josh McDaniel once said he could turn a high school QB into a pro bowler and his selection of Tebow was going to demonstrate that.

To be fair, though, BB already did try to wheel-and-deal back during the draft. There is no way that it would "accidentally" come out that the Patriots were planning to take Ryan Mallett with their pick unless BB was basically saying, "OK, you morons, if you want Mallett, pick up the d*** phone and call me."

I have no doubt that BB would deal Mallett in a heartbeat, even now, if the price was right, I just dont think he would ever say it in public.

For the record, Ricky Stanzi was my QB binkie in this draft, and the reports about him from Kansas City have been positive.

Hubris.

Josh McDaniel once said he could turn a high school QB into a pro bowler and his selection of Tebow was going to demonstrate that.

Tebow was better as a rookie last year, albeit in limited time, than Sanchez was as a second year player.

Last edited:
Why does Tebow suck ... that is the question.

Most people who are "too good to be true" are far better than those who aren't.

I had in mind Evangalists and Politicians when I wrote that. BTW, what experiences have you had in life that make you actually believe in things that are too good to be true?

However, when you put demands of perfection upon human beings, they are bound to fail.

A fan of BB thinks that demands of perfection are unfair - or lead to failure?

That's when the scumbags who can't be bothered to live decent lives pounce. It's very rarely the truly good people who get upset about other good people getting noticed. It's almost always the sort of people who know that they aren't good, and they feel the need to cut down others in order to make themselves feel a little better about their own transgressions.

You presume to make up a story about who I am? I'm very happy with how my life has turned out despite a number of issues that would stop most. I don't care for the man and he can't play football. If you need to label me - what does that say about you?

give him time - i watched the games he played in- i didnt see anything wrong with the way he played- realizingf he was a ROOKIE with his first start ever in pro footbaLL- Get real and go read the Bible and ask for forgivness

He reverts to his normal throwing motion under pressure

He lacks arms strength

He is not accurate

I don't believe in man made fiction, so no thanks to the Bible. Why don't you go read the Economist? I've read most of the writings of the major religions, and the history of the people pushing the agenda of each. That why I believe in spirituality, but find organized religion corrupt and of no interest. I believe in the Enlightenment.

Last edited:
Most people who are "too good to be true" are far better than those who aren't. .

My experience is otherwise. Those who preach to the level that Tebow does are, in my experience, almost always scum.

You presume to make up a story about who I am? I'm very happy with how my life has turned out despite a number of issues that would stop most. I don't care for the man and he can't play football. If you need to label me - what does that say about you?

I didn't make up any story. I responded to something you wrote. If you can't handle your comments being discussed, don't make them on a message board. If you feel you were labelled and are offended by it, perhaps you shouldn't be labelling Tebow, since you don't like the experience yourself.

My experience is otherwise. Those who preach to the level that Tebow does are, in my experience, almost always scum.

And child molestors. Major religions = cover up for child raping cults.

Well, this thread ought to be heading to another forum now....

I've heard Tebow called "Te-BLOW", but I think a better name for him is, "The BIG TEBOWSKI"!!

What do you think?

I didn't make up any story. I responded to something you wrote. If you can't handle your comments being discussed, don't make them on a message board. If you feel you were labelled and are offended by it, perhaps you shouldn't be labelling Tebow, since you don't like the experience yourself.

As if Tebow knows or cares what I say...

As if you are the official defender of Tebow...

Can't take it? You can't hack not having the last word.

Now, back to football. Tebow sucks.

As if Tebow knows or cares what I say...

As if you are the official defender of Tebow...

Can't take it? You can't hack not having the last word.

Now, back to football. Tebow sucks.
I think it's hard to say he sucks, more he's not suited to be a QB at the NFL level. Unfortunately, he's got it in his head he has the skills and ability to play QB at the elite level, which he doesn't IMO. Everything is slow, prolonged and looks messy. He wastes so much energy on his throws.

Tebow is a marketer's dream. He says all the right things and appears to be reasonably grounded (despite the benefit of youthful idealism).

He's fighting an up hill battle from what I've observed. College isn't the NFL.

Tebow, like Tiger Woods, is CURRENTLY a victim of his hype machine. Tebow is not currently an NFL-caliber QB, but he is an effective change of pace player who can make a difference in a game. Maybe he'll become an NFL starter in time -- he certainly has the work ethic -- but people need to appreciate him for what he is at the moment.

Tebow, like Tiger Woods, is CURRENTLY a victim of his hype machine. Tebow is not currently an NFL-caliber QB, but he is an effective change of pace player who can make a difference in a game. Maybe he'll become an NFL starter in time -- he certainly has the work ethic -- but people need to appreciate him for what he is at the moment.
You're pushing bricks up a hill when it's suggested that Brady Quinn is having a better pre-season than you.

Interesting comparison RE: Tiger & Tebow.

Tebow in some people's eyes stock is plummeting, but John Fox loves to run the ball. If the offense of the Broncos is similar to the Panthers then I think Tebow could be an effective starting quarterback for the Broncos. Orton's best fit would have been playing for the Minnesota Vikings under offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave. Orton already had some success with the Bears, so he was prepared to compete in the NFC North. I think Orton could execute a lot of the plays that Musgrave had Matt Ryan do in Atlanta. And Musgrave did a great job of developing Matt Schaub earlier in his career. Do not count Tebow out just yet. Tebow is not a good fit for the Patriots' system, but he might be decent for the Broncos if he gets a chance. Tebow seems like he does a good job of learning on the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News