Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you be in favor of adding Tebow to the Pats

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When the team's record is 8-5, those numbers are perfectly acceptable, especially considering the back up role he'd be relegated to here.
What, so a QB playing badly who wins because of his defense is suddenly a good QB?

No, he doesn't.
Sure he does. Tebow has never played in an NFL style offense.

And, yes, this season I would much rather have Tebow trying to win us a game than Hoyer.
good for me that BB disagrees.

LT has thrown a couple touchdowns in the red zone if I'm not mistaken. So has Antwaan Randle El.
A halfback pass twice in a career is not what you are talking about.
Should we sign a player that excels at the statue of liberty, or only consider Cs good at the fumlerooski?

I'm not surprised you don't think it makes sense to keep Brady from getting hit while putting the one of the 3 best power running QBs in the league in as his substitute.
You shouldn't be surprised, because my post should tell you I am sensible and wouldn't take Tom Brady off the field for Tim Tebow. Again thankfully BB agrees with me, because he hasn't replaced Brady on QB sneaks.

If anyone wants to prove that Timmy will be a success in the NFL, it is McDaniels; and he's creative enough to find a way to get him and Brady on the field together.

For that reason alone, I would give the Broncs a 5th rounder for Tebow, and cut Hoyer. Mallet and Tebow are both great development projects for us. And while Tebow is learning how to throw an NFL pass, we can work him into all kinds of elaborate schemes that will have defensive coordinators chewing their pencils.

But, really. Wont some team like Miami give Denver way more than a 5th? They're desperate for a solution at QB, and might not even get their shot at Tannehill with #8. Tebow is a demi-god in Florida. The Dolphins are going to be terrible anyway, and they need to sell tickets. If not that, then for sure the Jags will step up.

To address the first paragraph of your unintelligible rambling...
Sorry if English comprehension is not your strong suit. It explains a lot.

Oh boy a rumor fronm Peter King. What next John Claytons analysis of whether we will give up a 1st?

You are horribly slow if you don't notice the trend of BB drafting Meyer or Saban produced players. What other schools have shown a pattern of producing several Patriots in a short amount of time?
He drafted 3 Meyer players. You are implying he drafted them because they played for Meyer. That is simply not the case. The same goes for Saban.

I'm not saying BB sees a guy from Florida available, craps his pants in excitement and ignores everyone else to draft him. But it certainly provides a leg up knowing that the player was coached in college by someone you trust and respect, played in the best conference, was a winner and you have uncompromising access to their backstory/personality/tendencies.
It doesn't make them better, it gives you better insight to them, which is exactly what I said.
You inmplied that because he played for Meyer, BB would be more likely to feel highly about him and want to acquire him and that is untrue.

If anyone wants to prove that Timmy will be a success in the NFL, it is McDaniels; and he's creative enough to find a way to get him and Brady on the field together.

For that reason alone, I would give the Broncs a 5th rounder for Tebow, and cut Hoyer. Mallet and Tebow are both great development projects for us. And while Tebow is learning how to throw an NFL pass, we can work him into all kinds of elaborate schemes that will have defensive coordinators chewing their pencils.

But, really. Wont some team like Miami give Denver way more than a 5th? They're desperate for a solution at QB, and might not even get their shot at Tannehill with #8. Tebow is a demi-god in Florida. The Dolphins are going to be terrible anyway, and they need to sell tickets. If not that, then for sure the Jags will step up.

Really? No one is giving any picks for Tebow. If Denver doesn't want him he will be cut, unless Jville trades for him as a ticket selling gimmick.

Tebow has less value now than he did before he was drafted because he has shown his QB deficiencies on the field, and for teams that would have an interest as a nonQB he has started and wouldn't accept a nonQB job now.

Brady would fail if he only had Decker and Royal and some scrub TEs. He would be even lower than a below average QB in that offense.

Time to walk away from the computer and go to church or something.

That's a laughable notion at best and you should probably stop right now.

Why? Because you say so? LOL.

Take away from Brady Welker, Hernandez, Gronk, and Branch, and give him Decker, Royal (both young receivers) and the scrub TEs from Denver, and see if he can beat the Steelers #1 defence in the playoffs.

Which other team gave away their best receiver for nothing just after handing their team to a new QB? Thats what happened to Tebow. Brandon LLoyd, the same Lloyd that the Pats fans hope to sign, was given away for pretty much nothing(6th round pick) just after Tebow was handed the starting job this season.

I'm glad you're tapped in with all the GMs of the league. Shouldn't I be asking you for a source or something...

Yeah, I'm sure Kraft would be furious that we acquired a bunch of new fans...

Players improve and he's already proved to be capable of winning games. I doubt Tebow is finished developing as a player.

Also, in the red zone, you could use Tebow as any of the following; Tight end/hback blocker, QB sub, full back, running back, even WR. And I'm not sure why you'd be concerned with Tebow's ego.

Bill has shown no hesitation to use players as he seems fit, conventional wisdom be damned.

Dan Klecko played full back, Mike Vrabel played tight end, Richard Seymour played full back, Don Davis doubled a safety, Troy Brown and Edelman played CB (although those 2 were more out of necessity)... I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting.

To this point you made, "He won't be a decoy if you know he going to run." Who says he always going to run?

Doug Flutie played kicker, Randy Moss played safety at least once or twice.

I'd love to see the Broncos sign Peyton, then trade Tebow to the Jags for Gabbert, straight up.

Gabbart was the 12th (or something like that) pick in the draft who has a year under his belt as a starting QB. There is no way in the world Tim Tebow gets you that in a trade. I don't think he even has a trade market.

Why? Because you say so? LOL.

Take away from Brady Welker, Hernandez, Gronk, and Branch, and give him Decker, Royal (both young receivers) and the scrub TEs from Denver, and see if he can beat the Steelers #1 defence in the playoffs.

Which other team gave away their best receiver for nothing just after handing their team to a new QB? Thats what happened to Tebow. Brandon LLoyd, the same Lloyd that the Pats fans hope to sign, was given away for pretty much nothing(6th round pick) just after Tebow was handed the starting job this season.
Because I've seen Tom Brady carry an offense full of average to below average talent to within moments of a Superbowl. But please, continue in this rich vein of posting.

I'd love to see the Broncos sign Peyton, then trade Tebow to the Jags for Gabbert, straight up.

Tebow is so much better than Gabbert that it isn't funny. People talk about Tebow not being a QB, but that's nonsense. If you want to see a guy who wasn't an NFL QB last year, watch Gabbert and the Jags.

Last edited:
Because I've seen Tom Brady carry an offense full of average to below average talent to within moments of a Superbowl. But please, continue in this rich vein of posting.

When was that.

All right guys in the spirit of actual analysis and objectivity and not just getting your info and perception from ESPN highlights , I want to present you with Tim Tebow’s first (and only) 16 starts in the NFL (this includes 2 post season games) . When you compare his production and wins in his first 16 games he is actually better than about 70% of the 31 other starters in the league were in their first 16 starts . Also , for a second, pretend this is not Tebow and is unnamed QB. All you know about him are the stats below and the fact that he took over a 7-24 team in the previous 31 games (worst in the NFL during that span) and helped turn it around to go 8-5 with a playoff win (first since 2005). Let us also set aside his clutch play late in many games.

Here are the stats.

First 16 starts

Total Yards: 3835
Passing : 2885
Rushing: 950
Total TDs : 32
Interceptions: 9
Fumbles lost: 7
Completion percentage: 47.3%
QB rating: 78.1 (includes post season)

So almost 4000 total yards and 32 Tds with a gimped offense is bad? Really?

I understand the polarized opinions for the guy but true analysis seems to go out the window when the word Tebow is mentioned. As an example his completion percentage is harped on over and over, so the 950 yards rushing are ignored? that is a lot of 7 yard dump passes that would bring his completion percentage up.

Certainly after only 16 starts he can only improve and his body of work so far is a good foundation for that improvement.

Gabbart was the 12th (or something like that) pick in the draft who has a year under his belt as a starting QB. There is no way in the world Tim Tebow gets you that in a trade. I don't think he even has a trade market.

The trick isn't going to be the draft compensation, it's a question of whether Tebow is willing to renegotiate his contract.

So the big knock on Tebow is the completion percentage. When Fox runs on 1st downs 99% of the time, and on 2nd downs 80%, and they get stuffed, Tebow found himself in a lot of 3rd and longs. And if you check the completion % for 3rd and longs in the NFL, its something around 30%.

Tebow also has no quality TEs in Denver. When he had one in Hernandez at Florida, he had a quality completion %.

Not to mention that Tebow took a team that started 1-4 to the playoffs, and beat the #1 defence in the playoffs. Watch Tebow throw a great pass for the 1st TD @1.51 Steelers Vs Broncos Highlights//Tim Tebow Magic - YouTube

Sorry to interupt with facts, but, your clainms are wrong:

Tebow threw 271 passes.
106 of them (not NONE) were on first down. Thats about 40% of his attempts.
He completed 52 of them, less than 50%.
85 were on 2nd down. Thats about 30%.
He completed 40 of them, which is about 47%
74 were on 3rd down. 17 3rd and short, 8 complete for 47.1%
57 were on 3rd and long. That is just over 20% of his attempts, and he completed 45% of those.

The down and distance argument lends zero credence to the Tebow excuse mongering.

The trick isn't going to be the draft compensation, it's a question of whether Tebow is willing to renegotiate his contract.

No one is going to compensate anything to get Tim Tebow. And Tebow isn't going to take a paycut to get traded when he can get cut and go anywhere he wants.

Sorry to interupt with facts, but, your clainms are wrong:

Tebow threw 271 passes.
106 of them (not NONE) were on first down. Thats about 40% of his attempts.
He completed 52 of them, less than 50%.
85 were on 2nd down. Thats about 30%.
He completed 40 of them, which is about 47%
74 were on 3rd down. 17 3rd and short, 8 complete for 47.1%
57 were on 3rd and long. That is just over 20% of his attempts, and he completed 45% of those.

The down and distance argument lends zero credence to the Tebow excuse mongering.

How about his production?

First 16 starts

"and he's creative enough "

The jury is still out on this one......we shall see this year how far McD has come or what more he has learned......

All right guys in the spirit of actual analysis and objectivity and not just getting your info and perception from ESPN highlights , I want to present you with Tim Tebow’s first (and only) 16 starts in the NFL (this includes 2 post season games) . When you compare his production and wins in his first 16 games he is actually better than about 70% of the 31 other starters in the league were in their first 16 starts . Also , for a second, pretend this is not Tebow and is unnamed QB. All you know about him are the stats below and the fact that he took over a 7-24 team in the previous 31 games (worst in the NFL during that span) and helped turn it around to go 8-5 with a playoff win (first since 2005). Let us also set aside his clutch play late in many games.

Here are the stats.

First 16 starts

I understand the polarized opinions for the guy but true analysis seems to go out the window when the word Tebow is mentioned. As an example his completion percentage is harped on over and over, so the 950 yards rushing are ignored? that is a lot of 7 yard dump passes that would bring his completion percentage up.

Certainly after only 16 starts he can only improve and his body of work so far is a good foundation for that improvement.

Please dont try to confuse posters here with facts. Who cares that Tebow did all that with only 2 young receivers Decker and Royal, and some scrub TEs. Who cares that Tebow had a very young Oline this season. Who cares that Denver gave away for pretty much nothing their best receiver just after they started Tebow this season. Who cares that, when Tebow had a quality TE in Hernandez in Florida, he put up quality completion %.

From the internets
Elway, 10 games started, 4-6 record, 123/259 completions/passes, 47.5%, 1663 yards, 7 TD, 14 INT, 54.9 rating. 28 rushes, 146 yards rushing, 1 TD.

2010-2011
Tebow, 8 games started, 5-3 record, 97/207 completions/passes, 46.9%, 1363 yards, 12 TD, 4 INT, 79.8 rating. 99 rushes, 615 yards rushing, 9 TD.

Its clear that Tebow just sucks. SUCKS. SUCKS. He shouldnt be allowed anywhere near the QB position, because posters AndyJohnson and ausbacker say so.

Brady would fail if he only had Decker and Royal and some scrub TEs. He would be even lower than a below average QB in that offense.

Dude.....you are either a douche bag troll....or a crackhead.....or BOTH.....Get lost.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back