PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow 'thankful' of the pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not make such a jump: I included the premise that Tebow will play.

1. Tebow will not play QB.
2. Tebow will play.
3. Therefore, Tebow will play a position other than QB.

QED, ergo, summa theologica, henceforth, descartes and Aristotle have spoken.

It's not that you can't be right, it's that you're not logically guaranteed to be right. Aristotle would see that.

So he should have just ignored all those reporters and walked on by?

I disagree. That's a sure way to fan the fires and agitate the press.

What he did was absolutely perfect. He acknowledged their presence
gave them a little statement but didn't get into a Q&A session and didn't
talk about any team specific stuff.

I agree -- the statement was very Patriots like (and Tebow like). I'm sure the team will have no issues with how Tebow acts in the press. It can't get worse than it was last year for Tebow, and he refrained from public negative comments when the rest of the team is encouraged to speak their mind

One red flag that jumped out at me was his statement that he expects he can learn a lot from Tom Brady.

That strongly implies that Tebow views himself coming in here as a QB and not someone contributing primarily in another role. That's a red flag to me - but again, no harm as he needs to show Belichick he deserves a place on the roster, regardless of position.

Let's not kid ourselves - there is a reason why Tebow is not being sought as a starting QB - and despite your belief that he's been a "tremendous success" with a 7-4 record plus one playoff win, that would mean you view someone like Sanchez as an even bigger "success"!

I'm pretty sure Tebow knows what to expect from the Patriots otherwise he woudnt have signed -- so it's not a red flag to me. Ideally I'd like him to be a backup, occassionaly qb / trick player and version of Hernandez.

It's not that you can't be right, it's that you're not logically guaranteed to be right. Aristotle would see that.

The argument is logically valid, so you would have to attack its soundness by casting doubt on one of the premises...

1. Tebow will play.
2. Tebow will not play QB.
3. Therefore, Tebow will play a position other than QB.

Obviously it is an enthymeme, but I assume you are intelligent enough to see that...and fill in the blanks....

We know that 2 is true (as I said, barring injury). 1 seems reasonable, as Tebow would not come here otherwise: he wants to have *some* role on SUnday other than benchwarmer for Brady.

He's got to get that Godbless in there because he's the Pope??

Yeah he's going with salvation by grace. He's really weak on the "good works" front.

sports message board phyllosaphee at its finest...

If Aristotle saw Tebow play he'd sit right down next to Socrates under the hemlock tree and say "bartender, make mine a DOUBLE..."...
bang.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes