PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow 'thankful' of the pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was 43 seconds of him thanking the Patriots, not taking questions, and making it clear that things are different in NE than in NY, and it was obviously done with the full knowledge of the team. Why would you take that and try to turn it into a negative issue when it's clearly not one?

I'm not a huge fan of Tebow as a player, and sometimes it seems like he invites some of this attention on himself, but I agree here. He handled the situation about as well as he could be expected to.

One red flag that jumped out at me was his statement that he expects he can learn a lot from Tom Brady.
JAGS-FAN.gif

Even if he wasn't playing QB shouldn't he be able to learn a lot from Tom? I don't know how that could possibly be a bad thing. It seems like he's here as a QB but we probably won't really know for a while. BB isn't showing his hand(as usual).

Tebow: 'Very thankful' for Pats opportunity - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

While he has very nice things to say...why would he stop and give a "statement" ? Sometimes he invites this attention. He couldve kept quiet and going on.
That was close to a perfect way to handle the situation. I'm sure it was discussed and 'coached' before he took the field. No comment would have caused problems. Let's just let this work itself out. Coach brought the guy in and we still have his back, right?

He looks well fit.

Am I the only one here who doesnt even think Tebow will make it outta the 2nd week of camp

:confused:

He is here as a QB. Why wouldn't he want to learn from Brady?

There are likely several reasons that Tebow was not being sought after as a starting QB. That really has nothing to do with Sanchez, the Tebow/Sanchez situations are radically different, and you're smart enough to know that, so I'll just assume you're trolling with this last paragraph and leave it at that.

Look - you're the one that stated that Tebow has been a "tremendous success" in the NFL with his 7-4 record and one playoff win and one playoff loss

Tebow was a tremendous success as a starting QB.

I'd love to hear you back that up and tell us why QBs like Sanchez with more wins and playoff wins are NOT the "tremendous success" that Tebow is.

To the point, I think he can be a contributor myself - but not even the biggest Tebow supporter would deny how much "downside" he has as a QB

But let's also remind ourselves of two things

1. This is a no lose situation for the Patriots - there is no guaranteed money in play here and there's no guarantee Tebow even makes the roster (they were probably prepared to go without a 3rd string QB as it was - for now they just happen to have a very versatile 3rd string QB.)

2. We are likely all mistaken in assuming that Belichick intends on using Tebow primarily as a QB regardless of his number is or what Belichick or Tebow say today.

As the old joke goes, "How can you tell when Bill Belichick is lying to the media?"

"His lips are moving"

While he has very nice things to say...why would he stop and give a "statement" ? Sometimes he invites this attention. He couldve kept quiet and going on.
If BB didn't ant him speaking to the press, Tebow wouldn't be speaking to the press.

Look - you're the one that stated that Tebow has been a "tremendous success" in the NFL with his 7-4 record and one playoff win and one playoff loss

I'd love to hear you back that up and tell us why QBs like Sanchez with more wins and playoff wins are NOT the "tremendous success" that Tebow is.

You're looking at two completely different players, in completely different situations, and trying to pretend they're identical. Tebow was never just handed the job, wasn't blessed with the #1 defense in the NLF and wasn't given 4 years to demonstrate his bona fides as a starter. He also wasn't given a team that was 8-3 and leading its division the previous season, before its starter went down to injury.

Instead, he was given a team that went 6-22 in its last 28 games that someone other than Tebow was starting, and went 7-4 after taking over in 2011. He got the team to the playoffs and beat the 12-4 Steelers in a playoff game before falling to the Patriots.

That impressive.

1. This is a no lose situation for the Patriots - there is no guaranteed money in play here and there's no guarantee Tebow even makes the roster (they were probably prepared to go without a 3rd string QB as it was - for now they just happen to have a very versatile 3rd string QB.)

I've been pointing these things out, right here in the thread.

2. We are likely all mistaken in assuming that Belichick intends on using Tebow primarily as a QB regardless of his number is or what Belichick or Tebow say today.

You may be right on this, and you may be wrong. Neither would surprise me. You have nothing to base this on, and are just blindly forecasting in the face of what's been said and done publicly, so there's really nothing more to say on it.

They just can't help hating him because of what he stands for....

egads really? what does he stand for?

he could (and should) have given the reporters a wide berth. he will be spoken to. media blackout is on, other than required events.

You have nothing to base this on, and are just blindly forecasting in the face of what's been said and done publicly, so there's really nothing more to say on it.

We can safely say there will be no QB controversy in New England this year, barring injury. We can also safely say that Tebow wants to play, and the coaching staff wants him to play. Hence, Tebow will play positions other than QB.

Ergo, henceforth, logic, ratiocination, do the math, etc...Leibniz, Descartes, and Plato bless you..... :singing:

We can safely say there will be no QB controversy in New England this year, barring injury. We can also safely say that Tebow wants to play, and the coaching staff wants him to play. Hence, Tebow will play positions other than QB.

Ergo, henceforth, logic, ratiocination, do the math, etc...Leibniz, Descartes, and Plato bless you..... :singing:

You jumped from A to about Q with nothing in between. The lack of a QB controversy in the starting spot does not somehow automatically mean that Tebow won't be looked at as a QB. When the Patriots have carried 3 QBs in the past, the QB2 and QB3 have still been QBs, not guys playing other positions.

Without question Tebow can run an NFL offense as a QB and win games.

Hes already done it and is very familiar with McDaniels/Pats/Gators offense. Id pick Tebow over Mallet right now if I had to make a choice.

You know those plays where Edleman lines up next to TB as a RB and Brady pretends the ball is high and over his shoulders (and teams still fall for it). How much more effective an they be with Tebow?

I'm sure Tebow will be much more than a 3rd string QB and he'll be contributing in other ways. special teams, scouting opposing QBs. Heck, maybe even trying to learn another position. if he can add value, he's got 2 years to pick things up. This is his last stop in the NFL if he can't become a football player.

One red flag that jumped out at me was his statement that he expects he can learn a lot from Tom Brady.

Tebow is wearing a QBs number and will be on the QB depth chart. Right now hes # 2 QB in my book.

So, Tebow does learn a thing or two from Brady and its evident from his play on the field. Next season, the Pats could pick up an extra draft pick from trading Tebow.

That strongly implies that Tebow views himself coming in here as a QB and not someone contributing primarily in another role. That's a red flag to me - but again, no harm as he needs to show Belichick he deserves a place on the roster, regardless of position.

Tebow will do whatever BB says.

Im not concerned.
Let's not kid ourselves - there is a reason why Tebow is not being sought as a starting QB - and despite your belief that he's been a "tremendous success" with a 7-4 record plus one playoff win, that would mean you view someone like Sanchez as an even bigger "success"!

Rex the Clown and the Jets sabotaged his QB career. Tebow never played a full quarter of football in any game last season.

Another reason why teams stayed away from Tebow is the media storm following him wherever he goes.

You jumped from A to about Q with nothing in between. The lack of a QB controversy in the starting spot does not somehow automatically mean that Tebow won't be looked at as a QB. When the Patriots have carried 3 QBs in the past, the QB2 and QB3 have still been QBs, not guys playing other positions.

I did not make such a jump: I included the premise that Tebow will play.

1. Tebow will not play QB.
2. Tebow will play.
3. Therefore, Tebow will play a position other than QB.

QED, ergo, summa theologica, henceforth, descartes and Aristotle have spoken.

I did not make such a jump: I included the premise that Tebow will play.

1. Tebow will not play QB.
2. Tebow will play.
3. Therefore, Tebow will play a position other than QB.

QED, ergo, summa theologica, henceforth, descartes and Aristotle have spoken.

Maybe Liebnitz and Aristotle, but Descartes just released a statement, "Tebo ergo sum," and has been clowned by the whole enlightenment ever since he said it.

Maybe Liebnitz and Aristotle, but Descartes just released a statement, "Tebo ergo sum," and has been clowned by the whole enlightenment ever since he said it.

Tebow responded: "I stink therefore I am" :p

He's got to get that Godbless in there because he's the Pope??

I'm pretty sure I'm an atheist and I couldn't care less about someone saying, "God bless." It's equivalent to, "Have a nice day."

Good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey