PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said either of these things, I think you misunderstood, “if he made the roster he would be taking a valuable roster spot” which was what people said in reference to the 53 man roster, being that Tebow is not on the 53 man roster that “if” never became an “is”.

As far as a religious army I am absolutely clueless to what you’re even talking about, because I have not heard anyone suggest that in this thread or any of the others, if you’re debating that Tebow is extremely flamboyant in showing his faith, even excessive I would have to disagree with you, because he clearly is and I think his best friends would agree.

For the record, no matter how you feel, your last sentence was not necessary and only served to diminish any validity in what was trying to be conveyed.

I was speaking figuratively. Might wanna check the batteries in your sarcasm meter. :rolleyes: I think most people understand where that feeling is coming from by reading some of the posts in this thread alone.

Tebow's Twitter post from 22 mins ago...

"I would like to thank Mr. Kraft, Coach Belichick, Coach McDaniels and the entire Patriots organization for giving me the opportunity to be a part of such a classy organization. I pray for nothing but the best for you all. I will remain in relentless pursuit of continuing my lifelong dream of being an NFL quarterback.

2 Corinthians 12:9:

And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.”

Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."

Unless you're a religious bigot, or you believe he's not genuine about his faith (I believe he is), I don't see how you cannot root for this kid...
Well I for one was really hoping he'd make the Patriots squad.;)

Well I for one was really hoping he'd make the Patriots squad.;)

"Fawn Lebowitz." ... Maybe it's me, but, "She was making me a pot" is one of the funniest under-the-radar lines in Animal House. OK, probably just me.

I did not see or read about Tebow’s exit yet, was it over the top?

I don't think it was too over the top, it did include scripture--which is probably expected from Tebow and what he did with the Jets too.

I think the guy is great as a human being. I'd actually want everyone to be like that, and I have a lot of respect for his choice to commit to and respect the lord in the view of the public (if you agree with that particular faith of course). Unfortunately it also tends to turn some people off too, which is what I meant by some of his comments coming across as a bit "over the top."

Re: Re: Tebow released

I was speaking figuratively. Might wanna check the batteries in your sarcasm meter. :rolleyes: I think most people understand where that feeling is coming from by reading some of the posts in this thread alone.

OK I must of misunderstood, I apologize for being aggressive toward you in my response.

I have no issue with Tebow personally, but now that he has been cut he is nothing more than a distant memory. Add to that I a cannot understand all the hoopla over us cutting over third string QB who spent less than 90 days on our team. I know the expecting fairness and all to be considered equal is a childish thought but there were 25 other players who lost their jobs in the last few days, almost all of whom spent more time here then Tebow, and many of whom contributed to our teams in previous years, yet all of these players were pilled into one thread labeled "patriots cuts" and Tebow has 2-3 threads running about his dismissal, and there would of been even more if not for the moderators being on top of things. I'm not a religious man but that doesn't strike me as the fair and equal world that was described in Sunday school.

I genuinely like most of the Tebow supporters and hope they stick around, but this 1 track mind stuff is over and beyond at this point, there is more to the NFL than Tim Tebow.

This thread has run its course .

So long and thanks for all the fish !

After watching NFL network coverage of the cuts it really hit me that if Tebow never gets another chance to play in the NFL, he can thank his cult like followers. Even with his obvious flaws as a quarterback, there are quarterback starved teams out there who wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole simply because of the baggage his fans bring along for the ride. Sad really. Seems like a good guy.

Re: Re: Tebow released

I don't think it was too over the top, it did include scripture--which is probably expected from Tebow and what he did with the Jets too.

I think the guy is great as a human being. I'd actually want everyone to be like that, and I have a lot of respect for his choice to commit to and respect the lord in the view of the public (if you agree with that particular faith of course). Unfortunately it also tends to turn some people off too, which is what I meant by some of his comments coming across as a bit "over the top."

I'm with you in respect to him being a great guy, I would personally pretense that with he appears to be a great guy, because I firmly believe people show you what they want you to see.

I have had Tebow on a handful or more flights in the time I've been flying commercial he is always friendly, actually sort of goofy, talks a ton but never really says anything. I flew corporate jets prior to my job now and had him on a flight one time for a round trip to North Carolina for a predraft workout, he was a bit of a diva not anything obnoxious I've seen worse (A-Rod, Garry Sheffield to name a few) but he certainly wasn't the same Tebow in the private flight that he was on the commercial flight, and he didn't tip for **** which is customary on those types of flights because we don't have attendants so we as the pilots handle everything including baggage.

After watching NFL network coverage of the cuts it really hit me that if Tebow never gets another chance to play in the NFL, he can thank his cult like followers. Even with his obvious flaws as a quarterback, there are quarterback starved teams out there who wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole simply because of the baggage his fans bring along for the ride. Sad really. Seems like a good guy.

:agree::ditto:

I admire him being vocal with his faith. Seems to me that part of the problems today are because people with morals have been silent and the "over the top"attitude has crew has been very vocal...hence Miley Cyrus. I would much rather have TT's over the top than hers.

Can you fill us in on some of these causes he promotes? Specifically the ones he promotes that damage human dignity?

In short: being against birth control. I prefer to believe he's merely ignorant about the harm this does in Third World countries and here in the United States.

Supporting Focus on the Family. Again, I hope he's merely ignorant of the idiocy they espouse.

Agreeing to speak at a church led by Pastor Robert Jeffress (backed out only after he started getting negative press). Robert Jeffress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Re: Six Degrees of Tebow Nation

Lol..sorry..definetly dudette

Ok.

How about Tiger Woods?

1. Tiger Woods' ex-mistress Rachel Uchitel starred on "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew."

2. Dr. Drew was a longtime Loveline radio figure with Adam Corolla

3. Adam Corolla was partnered with Julianne Hough on "Dancing With the Stars" in 2008. (PS, Julianne Hough was in the remake of Footloose in 2011 (BONUS got my Kevin Bacon link for free...)

4. Dancing With the Stars' Mark Ballas: ?I Kissed Jennifer Aniston? (In His Dreams) | In Touch Weekly

5. Jennifer Aniston is, in fact, Tim Tebow's favorite actress.

Next challenge: Leonard Nimoy

I admire him being vocal with his faith. Seems to me that part of the problems today are because people with morals have been silent and the "over the top"attitude has crew has been very vocal...hence Miley Cyrus. I would much rather have TT's over the top than hers.

haha so precious

Re: Six Degrees of Tebow Nation

1. Tiger Woods' ex-mistress Rachel Uchitel starred on "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew."

2. Dr. Drew was a longtime Loveline radio figure with Adam Corolla

3. Adam Corolla was partnered with Julianne Hough on "Dancing With the Stars" in 2008. (PS, Julianne Hough was in the remake of Footloose in 2011 (BONUS got my Kevin Bacon link for free...)

4. Dancing With the Stars' Mark Ballas: ?I Kissed Jennifer Aniston? (In His Dreams) | In Touch Weekly

5. Jennifer Aniston is, in fact, Tim Tebow's favorite actress.

Next challenge: Leonard Nimoy

Leonard Nimoy was in Star Trek with George Takei.

George Takei was on Big Bang Theory.

Steveve Wozniak was on Big Bang Theory and then on Dancing wth the stars.

Then your 4 and 5 :)

Willie Robertson from Duck Dynasty.

apparently i've been living under a rock. can somebody explain the kim jong un binoculars thing? is this a new meme? what's the backstory to this in particular?

It's this year's version of Spygate. Belichick is going long distance so that Goodell will never find out. Mwaaaahaaaahaaaaahaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

In short: being against birth control. I prefer to believe he's merely ignorant about the harm this does in Third World countries and here in the United States.

Supporting Focus on the Family. Again, I hope he's merely ignorant of the idiocy they espouse.

Agreeing to speak at a church led by Pastor Robert Jeffress (backed out only after he started getting negative press). Robert Jeffress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not real sure how making commercial is harming third world countries. He and his mom are glad she didn't follow through with the recommendation to have him aborted. I thought it was a cool story.

Lots of NFL players are very vocal about their faith. Like Russell Wilson. Colin Kaepernick and the biblical verses in his tattoos. Deion Sanders. Kurt Warner. Ray Lewis, his past notwithstanding...

There was a reason Reggie White's nickname was the "Minister of Defense"....

Even Philip Rivers... who like Tebow also "waited" until marriage, and also runs his own charity.

The Final Tebow Is Gone Thread - RIP

Can we put all future Tebow comments on this thread and stop the others. AND, let's agree to open no more Tebow threads. Even if we open a 3rd QB thread, can we please not mention Tebow's name. And finally, after a month of mourning, can we consider all Tebow posts off topic and belonging in the "Other Teams" subforum.

Not me, I'm married. I don't need any help in the faith department. I need more t!ts and azz. Bring it on Miley :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST