PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think things need to be put into perspective as how it relates to each one of us. I don't have a dog in this fight, but some of us are really ******* stupid. It's pretty easy to cast stones, but what if it was you or someone you know? What if someone was against a guy making the team because he was a ******* spic, or a ******* nnigger, or of ******* middle eastern decent? Yeah, I used alternative language to try to shed light on the stupidity of this whole thing. But to crucify this guy on his personal beliefs is nothing but stupid, lets look at the value this guy can ad to a team, which is evident it's not at the QB position, but if he would be willing to switch positions he would have a positive effect on a team. If he is not willing to switch, well then he is done. But, I think too much attention is being put on this guys personal life, and if he was any other guy, a team would pick him up for his athletic ability.
It seems clear that he's a fine young man, although I never conclude that what appears to be the case is definitely the case. But for the case of this argument, let's agree that he is what he appears to be. With that said, he isn't good enough at his position to make it in the NFL. Additionally, there is no evidence that he can play any other position at an NFL level. The line of reasoning which concludes that he can play another position would lead me to ask why the Patriots don't try Zoltan Mesko as a tight end or Jeff Tarpinian as a running back.

If I start a Tebow thread..and then start an Un-Tebow thread...will I have inadvertently brought matter and anti-matter together...causing the end of all creation??

I can see this "Tebow Released" stuff is very dangerous..very dangerous indeed...

Nah, the matter/anti-matter thing will only happen if Tebow joins the Raiders. So I think we're OK. On this coast at least. :)

and I am pro CC!!!

mrowwwwwwwwww.....

you gonna stick around this season anyway, Cat?...you're more than welcome...

I admire him being vocal with his faith. Seems to me that part of the problems today are because people with morals have been silent and the "over the top"attitude has crew has been very vocal...hence Miley Cyrus. I would much rather have TT's over the top than hers.

Religion, faith and morals are very different things...

Tebow may be a moral person. I'd assume he is, just because I have no reason to think otherwise -- not because he talks about his faith or quotes scripture, though.

I agree with those who have been turned off by the hype surrounding the guy, but I also hope he manages to succeed in some way in the NFL, mainly because he really seems to love the game.

Religion?.....check

Faith?....check

morals?....uh...can I get back to you on that one???

Religion, faith and morals are very different things...

Tebow may be a moral person. I'd assume he is, just because I have no reason to think otherwise -- not because he talks about his faith or quotes scripture, though.

I agree with those who have been turned off by the hype surrounding the guy, but I also hope he manages to succeed in some way in the NFL, mainly because he really seems to love the game.

The hype was created by the media and haters fed into it. Morals and faith are two different things and he appears to have both. Just don't see a reason to knock a guy because of his beliefs...his football playing should be the discussion.

and I am pro CC!!!

mrowwwwwwwwww.....

you gonna stick around this season anyway, Cat?...you're more than welcome...

Yes, I will stick around this season anyway. Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels were very fair to Tebow and the whole Patriots organization was a class act all the way. In addition, Josh was the one who originally drafted Tebow out of college. Tom Brady has always spoken highly of Tebow not just as a player, but also as a person.

Thanks Joker for the welcome.

Overall, I am excited to see the Patriots play some football games this season.

The hype was created by the media and haters fed into it. Morals and faith are two different things and he appears to have both. Just don't see a reason to knock a guy because of his beliefs...his football playing should be the discussion.

It wasn't just haters who fed into it.

I'm also not sure why his beliefs should be off limits when he's vocal about them. He has every right to be vocal about them, and people who dislike him based on those beliefs may have as legitimate a pov as those who like him for those beliefs.

I've never heard a hateful word from him, which is why I don't have a problem with his views. But as others have pointed out, he has associated himself with groups espousing hateful views. It's understandable that some people would be turned off by that, isn't it?

Lol...he/she was being sarcastic to me. Apparently doesn't agree that life is a great choice.

I believe life is the GREATEST choice.

BTW, you used the word "choice" again. You must be very confused. I will pray for you.

Yes, I will stick around this season anyway. Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels were very fair to Tebow and the whole Patriots organization was a class act all the way. In addition, Josh was the one who originally drafted Tebow out of college. Tom Brady has always spoken highly of Tebow not just as a player, but also a person.

Thanks Joker for the welcome.

Overall, I am excited to see the Patriots play some football games this season.

If Tebow wants to spend 300 days work (really working) with Tom House at his throwing clinic, then I'd be more than happy to see him back at Patriots training camp next season.

He's a great kid who has gotten lousy QB instruction and was not well-served in that regard. Give him intensive 300 day (with few distractions) expert throwing instruction and I'd like to see what he could do.

I'm also not sure why his beliefs should be off limits when he's vocal about them. He has every right to be vocal about them, and people who dislike him based on those beliefs may have as legitimate a pov as those who like him for those beliefs.

I've never heard a hateful word from him, which is why I don't have a problem with his views. But as others have pointed out, he has associated himself with groups espousing hateful views. It's understandable that some people would be turned off by that, isn't it?

I washed my hands of moderating Tebow threads a while ago except when they are unreasonable personal attaks.

What I really don't understand is why some people can't post football comments on the football forum, religious comments on that forum, and political comments on that forum.

Is it really that hard?

Most of the "hateful views" I've seen have been posted by people who don't like the player for non football reasons. My view is that the he deserved to be released today purely on the based on what I saw of him on the football field this year.

I wish him luck going forward.

Totally understandable. Nothing wrong with a good discussion. The issue seems to be that some people don't want to discuss that he didn't make the team because of his football issues and want to bring his beliefs into it. I don't believe BB cut him because of his beliefs, but because of his practices and pre-season games. He is a young man who is trying to play football who is strong in his convictions. I haven't heard of any group that he associates with that is espousing hate. They only instance that I heard about was one that he didn't attend once he found out that they were views that didn't align with his.

I believe life is the GREATEST choice.

BTW, you used the word "choice" again. You must be very confused. I will pray for you.

Not confused at all...adoption is a choice...keeping a baby is a choice...life is full of choices. A sincere prayer is always appreciated.

After responding on this board, the more I admire Tebow for stating his beliefs...y'all are tough!

I washed my hands of moderating Tebow threads a while ago except when they are unreasonable personal attaks.

What I really don't understand is why some people can't post football comments on the football forum, religious comments on that forum, and political comments on that forum.

Is it really that hard?

Most of the "hateful views" I've seen have been posted by people who don't like the player for non football reasons. My view is that the he deserved to be released today purely on the based on what I saw of him on the football field this year.

I don't know what to tell you.

Maybe it has something do with how views on Tebow, positive or negative, often do involve religion.

btw, I haven't read much about Tebow here, because most of the Tebow discussion bores me, but I haven't seen anything here that was hateful at all, regardless of people's opinions of him

Totally understandable. Nothing wrong with a good discussion. The issue seems to be that some people don't want to discuss that he didn't make the team because of his football issues and want to bring his beliefs into it. I don't believe BB cut him because of his beliefs, but because of his practices and pre-season games. He is a young man who is trying to play football who is strong in his convictions. I haven't heard of any group that he associates with that is espousing hate. They only instance that I heard about was one that he didn't attend once he found out that they were views that didn't align with his.

Somebody mentioned a few earlier. I can't say whether those were accurate, btw.

Of course the decision for him to make the team was solely based on what he could bring to the team.

I know some people have mocked the idea, but I'd still like to see if he could play a different position given the running ability he showed at times. Maybe it wouldn't translate to a position other than QB, I don't know. (And he'd have to wsnt to do that of course)

Not confused at all...adoption is a choice...keeping a baby is a choice...life is full of choices. A sincere prayer is always appreciated.

After responding on this board, the more I admire Tebow for stating his beliefs...y'all are tough!

Definitely lots of admiration for Tim Tebow. Great kid. Hopefully he can get some intensive instruction of throwing mechanics and come back next training camp season with the Patriots.

And yes, we are the toughest fans in sports. Maybe that's why teams from New England win so often. No fluff, just substance.

Is it really that hard?

It's because he marries the football side of his life so fully with the religious side of his life that the two are naturally going to be discussed together. Same way people offer opinions on Ray Lewis's outspokenness, because it's become part of his game.

If Tebow didn't bring it into the discussion the way he does, by his very conspicuous genuflecting in the endzone or his mentioning religion while speaking to the press, nobody would comment on his religious views one way or the other.

Somebody mentioned a few earlier. I can't say whether those were accurate, btw.

Of course the decision for him to make the team was solely based on what he could bring to the team.

I know some people have mocked the idea, but I'd still like to see if he could play a different position given the running ability he showed at times. Maybe it wouldn't translate to a position other than QB, I don't know. (And he'd have to wsnt to do that of course)

Agree with you chicowalker. Tebow is athletic enough and given his work ethic and locker room presence he could make it at another position/special teams monster. Sadly it's clear from Tebow's own comments that being an NFL QB is his one and only focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes