PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Six Degrees of Tebow Nation

Dude, you have to name the next challlenge

Edit - but good one!

Edit - Assuming I should have said dudette or something gender-neutral now that I look @ your screen-name, sorry... although the kids seem to use the unisex "dude" these days...

Lol..sorry..definetly dudette

Ok.

How about Tiger Woods?

My God is an awesome God! :rocker:

Tebow's Twitter post from 22 mins ago...

"I would like to thank Mr. Kraft, Coach Belichick, Coach McDaniels and the entire Patriots organization for giving me the opportunity to be a part of such a classy organization. I pray for nothing but the best for you all. I will remain in relentless pursuit of continuing my lifelong dream of being an NFL quarterback.

2 Corinthians 12:9:

And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.”

Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."

Unless you're a religious bigot, or you believe he's not genuine about his faith (I believe he is), I don't see how you cannot root for this kid...

Re: Mods pulled the plug before Last Rites could be delivered

Ian and his team support solely to provide us fans a great place to come
Is this true? Are the mods not compensated? Just curious. I assumed the ads supported more than the cost of the server and bandwidth.

I've always felt that the word class is over used in sports. This thread proves it.

Unless you're a religious bigot, or you believe he's not genuine about his faith (I believe he is), I don't see how you cannot root for this kid...

I just have a problem with the parts of his religion he chooses to promote. He's supported beliefs which I hope he's just merely ignorant about in as far as the damage they do to human dignity.

Glad he's not on the team. Hope he does well in his other endeavors. I don't think he earned a spot on this team.

I get that the guy was a class act...but the media hype was on the insanity level.

He wasn't good enough to earn a spot on the team.

Tebow = the most overrated player in NFL history. Bar none.

Go be a preacher now or something. :rolleyes:

I hate the media. They suck.

Sad that he still wants to be an Nfl qb. Think it's a lost cause. But I'm sure hell do well at something. He can't be distraught cause its all part of god's plan something like that. plus he's made a small fortune in 3 years.

What's that line in ground control to Tim tebow...someylthing about may god's love be with you.

Tebow's Twitter post from 22 mins ago...

"I would like to thank Mr. Kraft, Coach Belichick, Coach McDaniels and the entire Patriots organization for giving me the opportunity to be a part of such a classy organization. I pray for nothing but the best for you all. I will remain in relentless pursuit of continuing my lifelong dream of being an NFL quarterback.

2 Corinthians 12:9:

And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.”

Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."

There are lots of guys who have said similar things today "I'm going to keep trying, thanks for the support and the opportunity". Seriously, Twitter is full of those types of quotes from similarly bad or long-shot players today.

There are a lot of bad players with good attitudes in the NFL. I don't see those other guys with legions of fans following them from team to team.

There's only one reason Tebow continues to have a big fanbase outside of hardcore Florida fans. Let's not kid ourselves about what that is. If he were simply a good guy with a refreshing attitude and not overtly and egregiously religious, few people would continue to care about him.

Is this true? Are the mods not compensated? Just curious. I assumed the ads supported more than the cost of the server and bandwidth.

We are only compensated by love.

Further, I'm not convinced that the ads fully cover the cost of this website. We probably owe alot more gratitude to Ian than we suspect.

Last edited:

From what I understood, Ian Logue is mainly responsible for the costs associated with keeping this site running. The ads and paid members do not even come close to covering everything, let alone providing any extra money.

If you look on the front page, it has a "members needed" number that they figured out to help break even. That number is currently nowhere close to the number needed, as a matter of fact it is well below the predicted number to help to offset the costs. Last I checked they needed about 350 paid members, and currently have less than 100.

The mods are here to help out on a volunteer basis only, as they give their time and effort into making the place a better run site. We have Ian and the mods solely to thank for making the place such a great fan site!

EDIT: sorry, just saw that Shmessy already addressed this

My God is an awesome God! :rocker:

On that note, it appears Marcus Fortson got the seat next to Tebow on the 330pm flight to Florida..

Marcus Forston ✔ @Forston99
We have to keep our Heavenly Father first! Through it all he still gets the glory

....There are a lot of bad players with good attitudes in the NFL. I don't see those other guys with legions of fans following them from team to team.

There's only one reason Tebow continues to have a big fanbase outside of hardcore Florida fans. Let's not kid ourselves about what that is. If he were simply a good guy with a refreshing attitude and not overtly and egregiously religious, few people would continue to care about him.

So what???

There is only 1 reason the Oakland Raiders have the national fanbase they do year after year after year and it ain't 'cause they're any good.
It's because they represent bad a&$/thug/nasty and that appeals to some people; people who have zero connection to Oakland California in any way.
Are you also bothered by those fans and their sensibilities?? :rolleyes:

"Let's not kid ourselves about what that is." "egregiously religious".

mc, why are you so threatened by Tebow's faith because whether you know it or not or will acknowledge it or not you are quite threatened by it.

Weird!!

FINALLY...we can move on......now we need to look for a practice squad QB......

I just have a problem with the parts of his religion he chooses to promote. He's supported beliefs which I hope he's just merely ignorant about in as far as the damage they do to human dignity.

Talk about ignorant.

I love the word egregious. Egregiously religious. Funny.

So what???

There is only 1 reason the Oakland Raiders have the national fanbase they do year after year after year and it ain't 'cause they're any good.
It's because they represent bad a&$/thug/nasty and that appeals to some people; people who have zero connection to Oakland California in any way.
Are you also bothered by those fans and their sensibilities?? :rolleyes:

"Let's not kid ourselves about what that is." "egregiously religious".

mc, why are you so threatened by Tebow's faith because whether you know it or not or will acknowledge it or not you are quite threatened by it.

Weird!!

Yeah nothing to be threatened about by religious fundamentalists. Nothing at all.

Excited to move on from this debacle. What an off season. Can't wait til week one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST