PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, talk about obsessive. Keep on beatin'.

:deadhorse2:<Tim

The circle of beaters around the horse is particularly telling.

By all means, rock on. The intellectual prowess of the beaters is staggering. The word Jerks comes to mind.

(How am I doin' Demos? :) )

#1) Not many have the funds and the time to work 300 days with Tom House. If Tebow takes off a year, he will. He IS in a very unique position.
Not sure your point here. The ones ahead of him are getting NFL paychecks and NFL practices. The ones in college are playing football.

#2) Not many have his natural talent. There too, he is in a very unique position.
Not sure again, as his issue is a lack of talent in the most important area of being a QB. Virtually everyone he would compete with for a job is a more talented passer.

This is a guy who needs a football intervention. This is analogous (but in no way similar) to someone going to a drug rehab. This guy needs to fully skip a season and go to QB rehab.
What? He is not good enough, just like everyone else who is not good enough. Your analogy is horrendous.

Otherwise, it is time to start training to be a fullback. He definitely picks up yards.
Of course a FB has to block and catch passes, 2 things he has never shown he can do. He also hasn't shown he can run the ball effectively other than from the QB position, which is totally different.

Other than that, honestly, I look at the team the Patriots face for Game 1 of this season and see no reason why they wouldn't want to stick him in there running the Wildcat instead of what they currently have.

Because Tuel is a better NFL propsect and gives them a better chance of winning the game than Tebow would.

I wouldn't call any of SF's backups "surgeons", or even a "fit" as backups. They aren't any better than Tebow. If kaper goes down, McCoy will drag the 9ers down with him.

Colt McCoy is a much better NFL QB than Tim Tebow.

I understand that Aus. In my view, Tebow's biggest problem is his inconsistency in passing. Reading defenses and going through progressions are secondary problems. If Tebow had gone out there and completed 60+% of his pass attempts, the conversations would have been much different.

I my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
Tebow is incapable of going out there and completing 60% of his passes, and reading defenses and properly going through progressions have a lot to do with it.

If the Jaguars struggle out the gate they may bring in Tebow just to put fans in their seats, he could possibly fit in places like Minnesota were he could handoff the ball and make a few plays here and there, and finally I would be shocked to see Chip Kelly give him a look once Michael Vick suffers his impending season ending injury.

I don’t rule out a return for Tebow, in my opinion it wouldn’t occur until the second half of the season and it would be with a team that is out of the race, and looking to add something compelling to fill out their stadium seats. There is no denying Tebow is good for ticket sales, and because of that I think he has as much of a shot of any free agent QB, I also firmly believe Tebow is better off being on the free agent market than being in a situation like he was in last year on the NYJ.

Colt McCoy is a much better NFL QB than Tim Tebow.

I agree with that. But SF is paper thin everywhere. Only a miraculous season of but one injury to one starter for one game let them do as well as they did. The Law of Averages is returning and turning the 49ers into a wounded "paper tiger".

What happens when Kaepernick busts a knee?
(No Read Option QB has lasted a full season yet.)
(Hello Colt McCoy.)
(There is no one else.)

What happens when relative antique RB Gore gets hurt?
(There is no one else.)

What happens when Smith gets dinged again?
(The pass rush evaporated.)
(There is no one else.)

What has happened to their receivers already?
(There is no one else.)

Who is playing in the secondary?
(There is no one else.)

What are the names of the current LBs?
(Have they been introduced to each other yet?)
(There is no one else.)

The denizens of the 49er IR hospital room has the makings of a fine team.

Tebow is incapable of going out there and completing 60% of his passes, and reading defenses and properly going through progressions have a lot to do with it.

I would certainly agree that the ability to properly go through progressions/reads and get the ball out in an acceptable timeframe are not "secondary" concerns. They are likely the biggest problems that Tebow has at the moment in my opinion.

The fact that he has accuracy issues is also another major weakness of course.

One thing is for sure, I'd be kind of annoyed if I were one of the fans who purchased a Tebow jersey from the proshop in the 8 weeks that he was around.

I get annoyed enough when my jersey is defunct in a couple/few yrs, let alone 8 weeks.

I agree with that. But SF is paper thin everywhere. Only a miraculous season of but one injury to one starter for one game let them do as well as they did. The Law of Averages is returning and turning the 49ers into a wounded "paper tiger".

What happens when Kaepernick busts a knee?
(No Read Option QB has lasted a full season yet.)
(Hello Colt McCoy.)
(There is no one else.)

What happens when relative antique RB Gore gets hurt?
(There is no one else.)

What happens when Smith gets dinged again?
(The pass rush evaporated.)
(There is no one else.)

What has happened to their receivers already?
(There is no one else.)

Who is playing in the secondary?
(There is no one else.)

What are the names of the current LBs?
(Have they been introduced to each other yet?)
(There is no one else.)

The denizens of the 49er IR hospital room has the makings of a fine team.

Good analysis AZ. Last year the 9ers definitely had one of the very important 'Super Bowl Run' elements go their way; the football gods smiled on them and kept them very healthy. You could even say they smiled extra nicely on them by making coach's decision to keep Kap starting an easier one (it was sorta/somewhat of a Bledsoe-Brady moment). But with that all that said and their depth issues justly pointed out, I still think the 9ers are one of the biggest if not the biggest threat in the NFC. If Kap stays healthy and keeps killing them with his feet (whether actually running or the threat of his running opening things up), I think the 9ers defense will remain complimentary enough of their potent O to get them deep into the playoffs. But, again, your thesis is correct. The depth/health of the 9ers (and the Patriots....and others) will be a big factor in their success.

A bit off topic. IMHO, as was pointed out in an article from yesterday, this season will be an interesting one to watch in terms of the Kaps and Wilsons (and to an extent RG3 though I suspect his physical viability was doomed from the beginning....due to his size). If defenses have not adapted and found a way to counter their success(considering there is lots of film to breakdown/study, lots of attention being given this offensive strength), there is no doubt in my mind that there will be a flood of read-react QBs coming into the league (it will be a pivotal year). Why wouldn't that be the case? These QBs are coming in virtually fresh from college to immediately create a high level of team success (something unseen prior). So far the learning curve/transition to the NFL is amazingly small. That is a great asset to bring onto a team versus needing 2 or 3 years to develop into a starter.
I'd go so far to say that if teams are still scratching their heads trying to slow this type QB down after this year, how defenses are built may have to be approached a bit differently. It may be that NFL defenses have been built too centric to the immobile pocket passer and are lacking the right mix to defend the Kaps and Wilsons. Stay tuned......

his issue is a lack of talent in the most important area of being a QB. Virtually everyone he would compete with for a job is a more talented passer.

Pretty spot on. Yes, TT has some intriguing skillset possibilities (nobody seems to deny that) but many are acting like that fact is unique and can't be overlooked. I'd bet every year there are guys with really attractive skillset possibilities who find themselves not making the cut. It's simply not that unique. Just as there are guys every season who don't have impressive skillset possibilities who are playing NFL football. Ironically one not need look beyond the Patriots to know that is an absolute fact. Bottom line, whether TT or Kap or whatever QB with an impressive skillset beyond simply passing the ball to a receiver, that ability to deliver the ball to the right reciever in the right way is priority 1....with priority 2 a distant second.

For whatever the reasons some players can translate their skillsets (even if limited) to successful play on the field while others, TT for example, couldn't this year. TT simply couldn't deliver the ball to the right receiver in the right way to either unseat Mallet as Tom Brady's backup or even make himself attractive enough to make BB carry 3 QBs. Given that it was battle for a position that likely is the least utilized on the Patriots' 53 man roster - and this isn't me telling anyone not to talk about TT -- IMHO TT with the Patriots is uninspiring old news. He arrived, he tried, he definitely didn't get it done. End of story.....

One thing is for sure, I'd be kind of annoyed if I were one of the fans who purchased a Tebow jersey from the proshop in the 8 weeks that he was around.

I get annoyed enough when my jersey is defunct in a couple/few yrs, let alone 8 weeks.

There is something called "personal responsibility".

Anyone who thought Tebow was going to make the team should not be allowed to drive, let alone be annoyed.

For the record, I was the one who closed the thread - it's officially football season so it's time to move on. I wish Tebow the best because he's a good person and he deserves good things. He just wasn't a fit on this team and hopefully we'll see him work out the kinks in the CFL or Arena League. He'll single-handedly help their TV contracts and make either one relevant, so hopefully people who are fans of him will get to see him in the not-so-distant future :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back