PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TBuck RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of thinking of the advantage from the Patriots' perspective, consider this as a courtesy to Tebucky, allowing him and his agent to be ready for the start of Free Agency.

I think that you're absolutely right. The Patriots do try to do the right thing by their players -- especially vets like Tebucky.

It's still puzzling to me, though, how it could be that they felt that Tebucky could be a contributor last season but now have decided that he can't -- without any serious intervening playing time.

This 750K we freed up is the groundwork for some big, unexpected signing.. Graham, Thomas or someone else... I suspect that the injury was part of it, but he is getting a little long in the tooth also.

Instead of thinking of the advantage from the Patriots' perspective, consider this as a courtesy to Tebucky, allowing him and his agent to be ready for the start of Free Agency.

I hope any speculation about a possible show of decency and goodwill by BB doesn't leak out to the press:horn:

This 750K we freed up is the groundwork for some big, unexpected signing.. Graham, Thomas or someone else... I suspect that the injury was part of it, but he is getting a little long in the tooth also.

Probably true,and we have no idea about the progress of that injury.He's another year older with a tough injury under his belt and we have some voids to fill (FWIW no doubt the Pats knew of CJ's injury prior to it being reported) so I'd agree-it's probably a combination of factors.
Either way,best wishes to TBucks!

I understadn that. The Pats do it all the time with honored vets. But I don't understadn why they would cut him at all. THey signed him for two years with a (small) sb. He wasout for one injured, why not try him out the second year. He was still under contract, they aren't in cap trouble, and theree is a reason they signed him for two years?????

I think that you're absolutely right. The Patriots do try to do the right thing by their players -- especially vets like Tebucky.

It's still puzzling to me, though, how it could be that they felt that Tebucky could be a contributor last season but now have decided that he can't -- without any serious intervening playing time.
I understadn that. The Pats do it all the time with honored vets. But I don't understadn why they would cut him at all. THey signed him for two years with a (small) sb. He wasout for one injured, why not try him out the second year. He was still under contract, they aren't in cap trouble, and theree is a reason they signed him for two years?????
You naughty boys, changing the question to which my answer applied.

1. I don't know what factors made the decision for BB.

2. But I can speculate! :singing:
- Since the conclusion of the Indy collapse, the primary focus of the staff has been developing an After Action Report (AAR) and using it to outline the changes needed to move forward. This undoubtedly involved a look back to the template created after the 2005 season. That template appeared to call for more speed to Special Teams and creating more depth at S - addressed by signing two SS/Special Teams studs: Jones and Mitchell. Preseason injuries screwed that approach right into the ground.
The Pats compensated by hiring & firing a variety of experienced STs players off the street and plugging in Practice Squad players as fast as they could be developed. At the close of the season, there were two large fast SS types on IR, Rodney on Sick, Lame, & Lazy, Sanders, Baker, Hawkins, and Andrews on the field and some good, "fast," Special Teams' players from the LB, CB, WR, and RB inventories plugged in and doing a pretty fair job when you consider all the turnover.
The AAR process would also have meant reviewing Training Camp and Preseason film to evaluate the players improvement from start to finish. It doesn't appear that the template has changed significantly (except for Jones), since the DB/Special Teams inventory is still pretty deep, soooo...
- A. The oldest reserve gets the shaft.
- B. Tebucky wasn't progressing fast/well enough in his recovery.
- C. The template is changing and the emphasis will be on young, fast LBs, WRs, CBs, TEs, and water boys vice Ss.
- D. Tebucky said naughty things about someone's mother.
- E. Tebucky stunk and was on the cut list for preseason, but saved his income by wrecking his knee.
- F. The depth in the draft for S looks very promising and BB/SP can be assured of getting at least one "younger" player from the pool of large Ss and small coverage LBs.

There you go, my deepest thoughts on the subject all catalogued for your edification. Best Wishes for Tebucky. :rocker:

You naughty boys Guilty as charged

1. I don't know what factors made the decision for BB.

2. But I can speculate! :singing: Mmm... sounds like you're on an internet message board
- Since the conclusion of the Indy collapse, the primary focus of the staff has been developing an After Action Report (AAR) and using it to outline the changes needed to move forward. This undoubtedly involved a look back to the template created after the 2005 season. That template appeared to call for more speed to Special Teams and creating more depth at S - addressed by signing two SS/Special Teams studs: Jones and Mitchell. Preseason injuries screwed that approach right into the ground.
The Pats compensated by hiring & firing a variety of experienced STs players off the street and plugging in Practice Squad players as fast as they could be developed. At the close of the season, there were two large fast SS types on IR, Rodney on Sick, Lame, & Lazy, Sanders, Baker, Hawkins, and Andrews on the field and some good, "fast," Special Teams' players from the LB, CB, WR, and RB inventories plugged in and doing a pretty fair job when you consider all the turnover.
The AAR process would also have meant reviewing Training Camp and Preseason film to evaluate the players improvement from start to finish. It doesn't appear that the template has changed significantly (except for Jones), since the DB/Special Teams inventory is still pretty deep, soooo...
- A. The oldest reserve gets the shaft.
- B. Tebucky wasn't progressing fast/well enough in his recovery.
- C. The template is changing and the emphasis will be on young, fast LBs, WRs, CBs, TEs, and water boys vice Ss.
- D. Tebucky said naughty things about someone's mother.
- E. Tebucky stunk and was on the cut list for preseason, but saved his income by wrecking his knee. This sounds the most likely explanation, I'm afraid. It makes no sense to pre-empt the draft/free agency. Even if they expect to go in a different direction (C) or fill needs through the draft (F) there is absolutely no reason not to keep a guy to see if he can surprise them. BB is all about waiting to see how people look in training camp. This much, at least, we known (see 1).
- F. The depth in the draft for S looks very promising and BB/SP can be assured of getting at least one "younger" player from the pool of large Ss and small coverage LBs.

There you go, my deepest thoughts on the subject all catalogued for your edification. Best Wishes for Tebucky. :rocker:

ten characters

Roster question: Can we go into next season with 53 DBs on the roster so maybe we could end the season with 2 or 3 healthy ones? Please...

Roster question: Can we go into next season with 53 DBs on the roster so maybe we could end the season with 2 or 3 healthy ones? Please...

and not have the 2 or 3 be earthwind moreland

Now you're asking for too much, cousin.
:D

But what is all of this cousin stuff lately? I feel like I'm in court "No disrespect to my bother, your honor, but,,,"

OT Re: TBuck RELEASED

Speaking of characters, which side of the pond are you on now?

I'm in Berlin -- which is, if you're interested, a great town: cheap (until the dollar plunged, very cheap) with outstanding culture, fantastic public transport, excellent cafes, restaurants and (as I proved last night to my cost ;) ) bars. I'll be back in New England for a week in March and then, more permanently, in September, when things get serious for our lads. Good timing, eh?

and not have the 2 or 3 be earthwind moreland

How could you not like having a guy on the team called Earthwind Moreland? I don't care how bad he is, just hearing the name cheered me up everytime.

It was also nice to read in pundits list of why the PAts' championship was so amazing:

#12 - They beat Manning and the Colts with a guy called Earthwind Moreland in the defensive backfield.

Re: OT Re: TBuck RELEASED

I'll be back in New England for a week in March and then, more permanently, in September, when things get serious for our lads. Good timing, eh?

I'd say things were pretty damned serious now. And judging by your signature I'd say you agreed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back