PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TBC informed he will be released

Status
Not open for further replies.
so... we have eric moore, rob ninkovich, and jermaine cunningham now. AWESOME.

I thought Moore played pretty well when he was out there...

and that is saying something considering he was brought in late in the year as a flier/fill-in type.

How would the Pats have saved 4.5 million off the cap instead of just 1.85 million?

They'd have saved all his dead cap of $4M since the new CBA forgave dead cap for players released before March 11th.... I think they save more than $1.85M though. The league is treating all cuts now as post June cuts spreading dead cap over 2011-2012. His salary was $2.3M and he had a $200K workout bonus which will not not be due (or at least not in full - not sure how they are handling those let alone to a player who admittedly didn't work out until recently). Might be one of the first grievance filings of the new CBA...

I thought Moore played pretty well when he was out there...

and that is saying something considering he was brought in late in the year as a flier/fill-in type.

They had to pay a transfer fee to get him so they clearly liked him, and then he seemed to be all over the QB whenever he was out there. But it was mostly with his hand on the ground in passing situations, question is if he can play standing up and set the edge and cover. Of course, TBC couldn't do either of those things so if he can rush the passer it's a wash.

No big deal. I feel bad for TBC because he's out of a job (until some other team signs him), but his days here were clearly coming to an end. I think Moore played the same role as TBC, but better. Ninkovich is okay, and we'll see what Cunningham and Carter can do. I'm not too worried about our OLBs, even if we don't sign a FA.

Thanks..

Reading it twice, it sounds like all dead money from contracts terminated prior to March 11th is gone..

So, wouldn't that free up an additional 929K for the Pats????

From whom?

:rocker: :D :rocker: :D :rocker: YES!!! :rocker: :D :rocker: :D :rocker:

Praise JESUS!!!

From whom?

Players we cut after June 1 last season who were not in their final year and had dead cap spread between 2010 and 2011.

Thanks..

Reading it twice, it sounds like all dead money from contracts terminated prior to March 11th is gone..

So, wouldn't that free up an additional 929K for the Pats????

Right in that neighborhood, yes- a little under a million dollars total, primarily from Crable, McKenzie, and Ohrnberger

I think the writing was on the wall. Not only did TBC have an underwhelming season last year but the timing of his surgery means he won't be available for the first 5 weeks of the season. It's smart to free up the roster space now, plus the cap space saved will allow us to add a free agent replacement at OLB. Question is who do the Pats target for the position?

Beyond the fact that we little depth at OLB...

...thank the Lord! I will miss watching him do essentially nothing all game long.

Beyond the fact that we little depth at OLB...

...thank the Lord! I will miss watching him do essentially nothing all game long.

LOL. Yeah. He has two moves..a speed rush and a weak spin rush. Can't set the edge. Can't cover. Can't bull rush.

So much for competition in that position.

???

Hopefully, Belichick will be MORE likely to sign free agent OLB's than before. That will mean MORE competition.

So much for competition in that position.

Hopefully this means we will finally target a legitimate DE/OLB. TBC is a nice backup to have when you've got Vrabel, McGinest, and Colvin. When he's getting starter's snaps, you know your linebacking corps is in trouble.

Are these the same Pats fans saying the pass rush will be "fine" with Banta Cain, Ninkovich, Flotsam, Jetsam, etc????? Well, now the "best" pass rusher of a VERY mediocre bunch is gone...what the f#ck are they gonna do now?

Are these the same Pats fans saying the pass rush will be "fine" with Banta Cain, Ninkovich, Flotsam, Jetsam, etc????? Well, now the "best" pass rusher of a VERY mediocre bunch is gone...what the f#ck are they gonna do now?

Here comes the MOAR PASS RUSH crowd....sigh

Here comes the MOAR PASS RUSH crowd....sigh

Don't blame the 'crowd'. Had the Patriots addressed the problem in the draft, the TBC release would barely register a blip. Because they didn't, and because free agency hasn't happened yet, this is one of the team's 3 biggest problems/questions, along with WR and RG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News