PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TBC informed he will be released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutting TBC = no meaningful loss.

time to sign Vernon Gholston

If the Patriots pass rush was going to improve this year it wasn't because they were going to get a lot out of TBC. If the pass rush improves it will be because they are playing better overall team defense.

I know it's been a while since we have seen a high quality Belichick defense, but people forget it wasn't good because we had OLBs flying up the field putting pressure on the QB. They used to get pressure because of deception, offenses not knowing who to block, and quality play from the secondary.

1. TBC led the team in total pressures last season
2. TBC had just as many total pressures last season as the year before, just fewer sacks and more hurries

That said, I don't mind him being gone at all. I'm a big fan of both Ninkovich and Cunningham.

TBC wasn't going to suddenly get alot better...he had reached his MAX potential...

Let's see what the other OLB's can do...Moore has potential to be really good with a TC under his belt.....Cunningham in his second season and Ninko with another year.....Carter and the UDFA kid they signed get a shot to show their stuff......

A vet signing also wouldn't surprise me...

In BB I Trust

Now on to his post career as a Music Rap Artist

All Hyphenators Must HANG.

fmj3.jpg

fmj3.jpg

a piece of cheese......a glass of wine.....and thou.

Your emoticons........your passion for minutiae,and especially the way you use the whole field of the keyboard.......I love you....you wild and crazy kookie:youtheman:

Good. One more reason to get a real OLB in FA.
Who am I kidding? BB probably still won't even bother to address OLB.

If the Patriots pass rush was going to improve this year it wasn't because they were going to get a lot out of TBC. If the pass rush improves it will be because they are playing better overall team defense.

I know it's been a while since we have seen a high quality Belichick defense, but people forget it wasn't good because we had OLBs flying up the field putting pressure on the QB. They used to get pressure because of deception, offenses not knowing who to block, and quality play from the secondary.

Bill's defense was good because he had Romeo, and Talent...at OLB & everywhere else.

Always liked TBC....tough player, and great competitor. Thanks for all he has done as a patriot, and who knows u may be re-signed again!

No problem. We have plenty of depth at OLB and BB made sure that we got more in the last draft since it was so deep with pass rushers and we all know that BB is good at anticipating future needs...wait...

Last edited:
Thank God, re watching games this summer this guy made more bad penalties than good plays... Now you show up last minute with an injury so long!

Thank God, re watching games this summer this guy made more bad penalties than good plays... Now you show up last minute with an injury so long!

Yeah, making the videos, I noticed more dumb penalties than positive plays. Usually at the crucial part of the game.

Yeah, making the videos, I noticed more dumb penalties than positive plays. Usually at the crucial part of the game.

Total head shakers man, even some pile diving, he had a terrible year like he always does when he gets paid.

Here comes the MOAR PASS RUSH crowd....sigh

Becuase MOAR PASS RUSH is needed.

The secondary isn't that bad. It's actually looking better than it has in a while with Chung, McCourty, Dowling, Bodden. Meriweather isn't a star but he's not as horrendous as some say. Butler and Wilhite could be decent slot guys. Arrington improved as the year went on but is a depth guy.

The Pats pass defense was absolutely awful last year. 30th in the league.

The Pats 3rd down defense was the worst in the league last year. That's 32nd in the league. They allowed opponents to convert nearly 50% of their 3rd down attempts.

The Pats defense could not touch the opposing team's QB. The pass rush has been subpar to bad from 2008 on.

You can talk about "scheming pass rush" all you want, but Belichick is not a creative blitzer like Rex Ryan or LeBeau, nor does he want to play that style. He wants to rush four guys and confuse opponents with coverages. To do that, you need better pass rushers than Ninko, Cunningham, Moore, Murrell. You need better DE/DT's than Brace, Deaderick, Pryor, etc. Maybe Cunningham steps up this year, but you still need another guy.

The last few years we have been asking ourselves, "Can the Pats win it all IN SPITE OF a Belichick-coached defense?" Did you ever think you'd live to see the day those words were uttered?

As Felger would say, the Patriots tried to and unfortunately have successfully become the Colts. Too reliant on Brady and the offense to outscore teams in a shootout fashion.

Last edited:
34fmfxh.jpg

Well holy moly, the Pats did suck in the first half of the season. Once the youngins got some experience, the defense, dare I say it, got good!

fmj3.jpg

a piece of cheese......a glass of wine.....and thou.

Your emoticons........your passion for minutiae,and especially the way you use the whole field of the keyboard.......I love you....you wild and crazy kookie:youtheman:

May The God of Your Choice BLESS you, Brother Italia!!
jester.gif

Truth be told, my Target Audience here at PatsFan is probably about 1%. :eek:

According to a recent survey...

33% consider me obnoxious. :eek:
33% consider me insane. :eek:
33% fantasize about my death. :eek:

And 1% think I am obnoxious, insane, and would love to murder me...but find me occasionally amusing!! :D

And it is YOU cats that I write for, Brother Italia...So thank ye kindly. :D

I'm actually going to miss The Banta-Cain-Spin-O-Rama. It never worked of course, but it was always good for a chuckle or two watching a new RT knock him flat to the turf every week... Still makes me laugh today. Hey wait... that's right. He DID pile up quite a few HALF sacks back in '10. Every couple games or so he'd surprise a QB who didn't see him still lying on the ground and would unwittingly scramble over him, stumble and sometimes get yanked down. Embarrassed, the original RT who had quickly moved on from TBC to block someone else, could only look back over his shoulder, shrug and say..."My bad."

Joking aside, TBC was a solid Pat. Old school. Wouldn't surprise me if he's back, and cheaper too this season. I assume that's still possible, with the new rules and all. What do you guys think?

Good move by the Pats. No one else will bother with Tully while he heals, and I'll bet the Patriots bring him back mid-season (if they need him).

This is probably true. The move allows him to be removed from the cap, time to heal and not be subject to the PUP rules. If he's healthy and can get into football shape in a couple of months, he will have lots of options including the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back