PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taylor could be gone for awhile: Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the team gives the draw plays and such to guys like Taylor and Faulk, but asks Maroney to pound the ball up the middle and we wonder why his YPC isn't good.

I'd like to see how maroney does when the O-line is blocking consistently and the pats are calling the same plays they call for Taylor. I'm getting tired of seeing 2 and 3 defenders in the backfield with Maroney as he's getting the ball.

Don't you know that BJGE is the second coming of Corey Dillon?

I think Maroney will be huge for us against Denver. Bailey will be on Moss, and Denver will focus on limited Wes Welker. Maroney and Ben Watson could have huge games. I'd also like to see more from Baker and Matthews this week.

Maroney is a huge offensive weapon. His vision and ability to run in traffic are limited, but few backs could run consistently with the kind of room he's had. It's the offense's fault for not using him more effectively and getting him the ball in a position to do some damage with it.

Am I the only one that thinks we're actually getting a bit lucky to have so many relatively minor injuries without the "big one"? At this rate, we'll have a healthy, fresh team for the stretch run.

Yes, the team gives the draw plays and such to guys like Taylor and Faulk, but asks Maroney to pound the ball up the middle and we wonder why his YPC isn't good.

I'd like to see how maroney does when the O-line is blocking consistently and the pats are calling the same plays they call for Taylor. I'm getting tired of seeing 2 and 3 defenders in the backfield with Maroney as he's getting the ball.

Great point! Not that I am sold on Maroney (I lost a great deal of confidence on him last season during the Jets game at Medowlands when other RBs were able to get yards under similar plays), but the Maroney bashers might need to keep this in mind before slamming his YPC.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thinks we're actually getting a bit lucky to have so many relatively minor injuries without the "big one"? At this rate, we'll have a healthy, fresh team for the stretch run.

No, you're not the only one. In past years, a lot of these injuries would have ended up on IR.

Don't you know that BJGE is the second coming of Corey Dillon?

I think Maroney will be huge for us against Denver. Bailey will be on Moss, and Denver will focus on limited Wes Welker. Maroney and Ben Watson could have huge games. I'd also like to see more from Baker and Matthews this week.

Maroney is a huge offensive weapon. His vision and ability to run in traffic are limited, but few backs could run consistently with the kind of room he's had. It's the offense's fault for not using him more effectively and getting him the ball in a position to do some damage with it.

Are you saying that if Adrian Peterson or Frank Gore or any of the elite backs had this kind of OL they would suck as bad as Maroney at the LOS?

Lets face it,As the guys on Comcast NE Sports Tonight said a few days ago,Maroney is in the wrong profession if he is afraid of making contact - Time for him to grow up and bang a few heads down the middle and make yards on his own that aren't initially there.

The clock is ticking on Maroney as a Patriot,It appears that once again he will be given a chance to prove his worth...can he do it this time?..we shall see

Last edited:
Well, can't say I didn't see this one coming.

All aboard the LoMo train, choo choo.

**** NO I WON"T GO

Benjarvis Green Ellis is our best runner now him and Morris should get the snaps.

SHYT this SCKS

I would like to see Maroney get 20-25 carries. How often do you see a back start off slow, and then start to break big runs as the defense wears down? It's not fair to give him 4 carries for 6 yards and call it a terrible game. When he was running 20-25 times (ie., 2007 playoffs) he was a stud.

Last edited:
BJGE is going to emerge as a powerful runner. WATCH

BJGE= Ben Jarvis Green Ellis

Maroney

27 carries 76 yards 2.9 avg.

Taylor

45 carries 205 yards 4.5 avg.

Morris

13 carries 43 yards 3.3 avg.

Faulk

16 carries 62 yards 3.9 avg.

Cry me a river you Maroney fans.

I say we try to trade Maroney for Chester Taylor.

BENJARVUS and Morris...pleasepleaseplease!

Faulk on 3rd down.

please bench Maroney!

I don't care what he says about what motivates him each week. He shouldn't need motivation.

I would like to see Maroney get 20-25 carries. How often do you see a back start off slow, and then start to break big runs as the defense wears down? It's not fair to give him 4 carries for 6 yards and call it a terrible game. When he was running 20-25 times (ie., 2007 playoffs) he was a stud.

2007 playoffs him not being a significant presence is a REASON why we lost. The premature send MORRIS to the PUP hurt hugely, since he could have returned for playoffs.

Maroney is a BUST. I am done w/ him.

RBs are a dime a dozen who cares.

BENJARVUS and Morris...pleasepleaseplease!

Faulk on 3rd down.

please bench Maroney!

I don't care what he says about what motivates him each week. He shouldn't need motivation.

GET out of my HEAD right now.

**** NO I WON"T GO

Benjarvis Green Ellis is our best runner now him and Morris should get the snaps.

SHYT this SCKS

Most running backs get injured, that's why BB kept five this season. The last few years of injured backs has really hurt.

Taylor's been injured a lot in his career,and has always recovered. We'll never know how bad he's injured now. Maybe it's just a cut that needs stitches.
Or maybe Reiss is just speculating again, which he does a lot.

Whatever happens,they'll all end up with around 500 yards, which is fine by me.

I wish they would use Maroney more , split out in the passing game. Though he isn't first round quality from the backfield, he could still be effective as a pass catching back.

The thought of Maroney having any significant role on this team makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

A little? It makes me throw up ALOT!

27 attempts, 79 yards. 2.9 yard average. Get this joke of a runningback out of here.

Once Maroney's contract is up in 2010 he'll be gone. That sucks about Taylor but maybe Morris gets more carries now.
Do you guys realize that Morris is averaging about 10 inches more per carry than Maroney is for these four games this year? (Morris is averaging 3.2 ypc)

Or that for their careers Maroney and Morris have exactly the same ypc (4.2)?

We will game so much by switching these players. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Are you saying that if Adrian Peterson or Frank Gore or any of the elite backs had this kind of OL they would suck as bad as Maroney at the LOS?

Lets face it,As the guys on Comcast NE Sports Tonight said a few days ago,Maroney is in the wrong profession if he is afraid of making contact - Time for him to grow up and bang a few heads down the middle and make yards on his own that aren't initially there.

The clock is ticking on Maroney as a Patriot,It appears that once again he will be given a chance to prove his worth...can he do it this time?..we shall see

What on earth leads you to believe that the morons on Comcast know anything about anything?? LOL

Bill has spoken on the so called maroney issue several times lately and nobody listens to him because like sheep they gravitate to the know nothing mediots whose uninformed opinion validates theirs...

It also speaks volumes about the analysis that when Dillon limps through two seasons after signing an extention or Morris is lost for two thirds of his first season or Taylor is out just four games in it's somehow tragic and unfortunate while when Maroney battled to play through injuries and finally missed a season as a result he's made of glass.

BJGE is upon us. He can be the savior. He looked mighty good this preseason.

Where the hell did anyone compare Maroney to Adrian Peterson? Peterson could be serviceable behind any line in the NFL, and is as good as he is largely because he's running behind one of the best in the business.

Sammy, Sammy, and more Sammy with a side order KF and BJGE. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST