PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taylor could be gone for awhile: Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
And john salley has more nba championships than karl malone and charles barklely combined so I guess that he is just as relevant to those teams he was on as barkley and malone were to theirs?

That whole premise is seriously flawed but your a smart guy im sure you already know that. This is professional sports deus you dont get points for making roll call.

It's not my fault that the other poster's argument was a poor one. My response wasn't flawed. The initial assertion, in the context of complaining about Maroney, was just silly.

just saw the news...it doesn't help that we always knew this was a risk when depending on an older RB, but I guess Dillon spoiled us...bummer...

I know it's a "committee," but Maroney (78), Faulk (62) and Morris (41) together have combined for 181 yards so far this season, which would tie them with Leon Washington for 33rd in the NFL...

hopefully one of them can step up, or maybe Law Firm. bottom line: somebody has to...

Maroney is CONSISTENTLY a weak runner and would be a number 2 back at best, in a descent running System.

Maroney=BUST

Love BB but he BUSTED badly on this pick.

0 championships since Maroney ERA..... I hope it ends soon.

:D

When I saw the topic of this thread, I made two educated guess: 1) that it would be about anything but Taylor, and 2) that somehow Maroney would be bashed again.

If only he knew how much "discussion" he triggers every time he is brought up in this forum.

Last edited:
When I saw the topic of this thread, I made two educated guess: 1) that it would be about anything but Taylor, and 2) that somehow Maroney would be bashed again.

If only he knew how much "discussion" he triggers every time he is brought up in this forum.

Yeah, you can count on that. But at least some good came out of all this. We have a new nic-name for the other running back on our team, BJGE. :rolleyes:

I also learned we can determine a playrers worth picking any game out of his career we choose and using it to base an entire argument on, be it accurate or not.

Why we ever let Mike Cloud slip through our fingers, I'll never know.

when can we expect some details about the injury/time out?

or does the team even have to give out these details?

when can we expect some details about the injury/time out?

or does the team even have to give out these details?

First post in a while, per rotoworld:

According to the Boston Globe's Christopher Gasper, Fred Taylor could miss the rest of the season after undergoing surgery to repair "severe ligament damage" in his right ankle.

Taylor is reportedly "facing the likelihood" of being done for the year, though there is a "small chance" he could return for the final month of the season. The Patriots, however, may not be willing or able to reserve a roster spot for the next two months. Though the 33-year-old is signed for next season at $2M, the Pats may decide to move on this offseason. Sammy Morris should be picked up in 12-team leagues, and Laurence Maroney is worth a flier as well to see if he can develop a hot hand with increased carries.

That sucks.

Ok Lomo.....No more looking over your shoulder......Shut everyone up (including me) and produce like your talent can allow you to.

Given Taylor's age and injury history, I doubt the Patriots hold a roster spot open to see if he "might" be able to play in the last month of the season. Let's face it, even if he healed up quickly, the ankle is a pretty important part of a running back. Combined with his age, I doubt he'd do much more than look like Marion Butts.

With the depth of the Pats roster, and every spot being useful, I think Taylor's headed to IR.

As for Maroney vs. BJGE, I doubt it'll be either/or. It's not a "vs." situation. Belichick will probably use both Maroney AND BJGE, just as he was using Maroney AND Taylor. Whichever one runs better at the time will probably get more carries. Simple as that. It's way too early in the season to bench or trade Maroney (and I'm an Anti-Maroney guy). Morris has become more of a short-yardage and pass-catching guy and Morris also is not young and has an injury history, so they're not gonna be giving him the rock 30 times a game. It's gonna be Maroney/BJGE as the main runners, and Morris/Faulk as the change-of-pace backs, the pass-catchers (especially on those screens), and the short-yardage guys. JMO, YMMV.

My word. I just opened this last page and I haven't seen a mention of Taylor in any post.

Anyways he is a loss for whatever length he is out, but it doesn't hurt us nearly as much as other teams with our team of running backs. Looks like Lawfirm will get his chance now and all the Maroney naysayers will wait for him to break one tackle and declare him better than Lawrence.

Well it was bound to happen. Good ol' Fred cracks up his ankle and gets one page worth of "too bads" while Maroney gets 19 of good vs evil. Suffice to say it was a predictable response.

Want to shut us up for a week Maroney?...How about rushing for at least 80 fu(king yards for once in a blue moon!!

Really,Has Maroney EVER had 50+ yards rushing in a season for 3 or more games straight?...betcha its a no

I would hope this sunday that Morris starts and Faulk and BJGE and Maroney split other carries

Last edited:
Want to shut us up for a week Maroney?...How about rushing for at least 80 fu(king yards for once in a blue moon!!

Really,Has Maroney EVER had 50+ yards rushing in a season for 3 or more games straight?...betcha its a no

I would hope this sunday that Morris starts and Faulk and BJGE and Maroney split other carries

The answer is yes, actually. If it makes you feel better, though, it's only happened once, which is the same number of times that Morris has done it since he's been on the team, and the same number of times that Dillon accomplished the feat in 2005-2006.

If you actually read the posts in the thread instead of just spewing out dogma you would have known the answer is you.

The answer is yes, actually. If it makes you feel better, though, it's only happened once, which is the same number of times that Morris has done it since he's been on the team, and the same number of times that Dillon accomplished the feat in 2005-2006.

I hope that someday,some year soon we have a running back that comes at least close to Dillon's 2004 season and does it more than sporadically - This team has been in dire need of a guy like that since Curtis Martin Left

Brady deserves before he retires to have 1 top notch starting RB talent helping to carry the ball...and share the burden and load on offense.

Last edited:
IN THE BIG GAME HE DID nothing. SB

get that stat... HOTSHOT

In the 2nd biggest game of his career (Indy 07), he only averaged 1 yard a game but he did have a nice kick pass to Mankins for a TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back