PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T. Owens visits and signs 1 year deal with Bills [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: T.Owens visits and signs 1 year deal with Bills (merged)

Jeez, ya think a volitile guy like TO might drink that water up in Buffalo and later on up and kill some folks?

Water in Buffalo? Wha?

per Vic Carucci...

:D

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously-the Bills OWE us for Drew Choke-Slow!:D

I guess the 'several' other teams that Rosenhaus had bidding for TO must have offered the vet min and/or non-guaranteed money but not the Micheal Johnson replica gold spikes TO was going to demand as a bonus. Buffalo? Are you kidding me? TO wanted Rich Stadium like Gisele wants a truck stop on the Jersey turnpike with no bottled water. Buffalo is the last stronghold of the mafia, so maybe TO will end up with broken thumbs after a few bad drops.

Oh, and you can bet TO will dig the sun and fun routine of November/December/January out on the tundra. He'll remember Micheal Irvin telling him about lake effect snow and thinking he was talking about cocaine.

**** Jauron couldn't keep Losman's mind right and JP is a babe in the ferny woods when it comes to head games compared to TO. I'd say the over under on TO seizing control of the team is 3-4 games.

The venerable Ralph Wilson signed Terrell Owens? I guess money IS everything after all.

Last edited:

The one positive I take from this is that I don't feel Buffalo matches up well against the Patriots in general (I'm not a Trent Edwards fan) so, even with this improvement, I don't see Buffalo beating the Patriots.

well..they are due just by the law of averages. its been ages since they beat the pats and if they win a game next season it will be a feather in TO's cap.
this is an additional headache for BB while face the bills.

Re: TO visiting the Bills

No one wants to play in Buffalo if they have any other choices. If Owens signs with the Bills, there's a solid chance that no other teams wanted him.

By the way, this would mean that Shawn Springs and Terrell Owens have played in the same divisions their entire careers. Seattle-San Francisco, then when T.O. went to Philadelphia, Springs went to the Redskins; then T.O. went to the Cowboys, and Springs was still a Redskin. Now Springs goes to the Patriots, so T.O. needs to go to an AFC East team.

Why do you say that? They snagged some good FAs over the years. They have to pay top dollar, but guys like Takeo Spikes and some of the OLs had plenty of other choices and still went to Buffalo.

Instead of 7-9 it will be 8-8... Lets see if TO makes it out of camp too...

for all the people wetting their pants over this --- how did dallas do w/him on the roster, and how did the pats do against dallas a couple years ago?

I'm not too worried.

I'm sorry, does Edwards suck or something?

edwards is pretty good but after the concussion last yr his production dropped. depends a lot of schedule next yr too.i think the bills improved tremendously and TO wanted to sign there toproveto moss and NE and parcells that he can still play.

Re: TO visiting the Bills

I know it's only 1 year, but $6.5m GUARANTEED?!?

Well-at least Drew Rosenhaus can continue to thump his chests.

I thought Buffalo's yearly claim to being the most wildly overrated team in the NFL was going to end this year, now they have a fighting chance to retain the title. Come on Buffalo, make it 9 years in a row.

for all the people wetting their pants over this --- how did dallas do w/him on the roster, and how did the pats do against dallas a couple years ago?

I'm not too worried.

Yea we really shut him down with a broken leg in the Superbowl.

TO is still a threat and this is what I was worried about him signing in the AFC let alone within our division. He will make their offense better, now they just need to bail Lynch out of jail:p:p

Seriously though I thought he would go to a team with a solid head coach and a vet QB, the Buffalo situation must be to sell some tickets. I really thought the Titans would make a play for him or Jacksonville but Buffalo I never thought he would end up there.

You seem to be awfully happy about this. Like I said, whatever drama he'll bring isn't gonna change the fact that we will now face a Buffalo team with Evans on one side, and Owens on the other.

I just don't want any 11-5 missing playoffs bulls@#t again because of an improved AFC East logjam.

And Buffalo was supposed to be the worst team in the East, we're gonna have one hell of a schedule next yr. I wish he would've gone anywhere else--then we could've sat back and picked apart his drama issues, etc, without having to stop him two times a year
Buffalo IS the worst team in the AFCE.

And TO will do for them what Favre did for the Jets: no playoffs and Jauron will be fired.

Yea we really shut him down with a broken leg in the Superbowl.

TO is still a threat and this is what I was worried about him signing in the AFC let alone within our division. He will make their offense better, now they just need to bail Lynch out of jail:p:p

Seriously though I thought he would go to a team with a solid head coach and a vet QB, the Buffalo situation must be to sell some tickets. I really thought the Titans would make a play for him or Jacksonville but Buffalo I never thought he would end up there.

You wanna hear a secret from a Cowboys fan? Tell Belichick he needs to get Springs, Hobbs, et al to JAM THE CRAP OUT OF HIM AT THE LINE! The more you PRESS him, the less effective he'll be, the more frustrated he'll get, and the more he'll lose heart.

Pssssssssssttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't tell anyone I told you!:D

Buffalo also needed to spend some money. They were 16 million under the min. salary cap.

You wanna hear a secret from a Cowboys fan? Tell Belichick he needs to get Springs, Hobbs, et al to JAM THE CRAP OUT OF HIM AT THE LINE! The more you PRESS him, the less effective he'll be, the more frustrated he'll get, and the more he'll lose heart.

I like Hobbs, but a guy my size is gonna have some problems jamming a big guy like TO. If YOU get knocked down, it could be a quick 6.

This is a coup for the Bills. Their offense has just improved tremendously. Also, the Buffalo front office must be loving the increased revenue that they will receive from TO's arrival.

The pressure is really on Juaron now.

I'm sure they will be loving it... until their locker room implodes!! LOL.

Last edited:

I like Hobbs, but a guy my size is gonna have some problems jamming a big guy like TO. If YOU get knocked down, it could be a quick 6.

Even smaller corners were having alot of success jamming TO at the line(for example, Pitt's Ike Taylor, who's not terribly good playing press, still had alot of success doing so). The big reason why he had a monster game against SF last year was b/c Mike Singletary was *stupid* enough to play his corners 10 yards off.

Again-trust me-Hobbs and Springs will have no problems.

What are the odds that T.O. would have actually learnt his lesson this time and stop being a distraction for the Bills?

I suppose he'll actually give the Pats something to watch out for next season when Buffalo come to town

What are the odds that T.O. would have actually learnt his lesson this time and stop being a distraction for the Bills?

I suppose he'll actually give the Pats something to watch out for next season when Buffalo come to town

Keep in mind-Owens doesn't play all that great when he's going up against a Randy Moss team. He takes it personally on himself thinking he HAS to out-perform Moss when he plays these teams.

Remember our 2007 meeting at TX Stadium, when he gave your team BB material with that "The Original #81/Getcha Popcorn Ready" comment? Moss, OTOH, stayed quiet, if memory serves.

Honestly-I can see the Pats beating the Bills not only twice, but easily this year.

Two of my best friends are longtime Cowboys fans and they have been complaining about this for a long time....and I enjoy pointing it out to them. The difference is Lee Evans is on the other side and when this guy is on his game, he can stretch the field so if you want to double TO unlike in Dallas Evans can get deep and hurt a team. They also have the young kid Hardy who they drafted last year and I guess this moves pushes Reed into the slot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes