PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T. Owens visits and signs 1 year deal with Bills [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: T.Owens visits and signs 1 year deal with Bills (merged)

Wow, Bills fans seem to expect a lot from a 35 year old receiver! (even if he is one of the best)

Bills O-Coordinator must have his work cut out next year, TO will throw a massive strop if he doesn't see the majority of passes his way

This is pure speculation, but knowing Owens' desire to be in the spotlight, is it at all possible that he chose an AFC East team because he wants the spotlight that will come with two games against the Pats - and Randy Moss?

Remember how he was in Dallas with all that 'I'm the original #81' and 'get your popcorn ready' when the Pats played the Cowboys? Of course, the fact that Owens' team lost by three touchdowns and two Pats receivers each had twice as many yards as him probably doesn't matter as much to Owens as the facetime he was able to get in front of all the cameras that week.

*PHEW!*

Dodged a bullet.

Wow, Bills fans seem to expect a lot from a 35 year old receiver! (even if he is one of the best)

Bills O-Coordinator must have his work cut out next year, TO will throw a massive strop if he doesn't see the majority of passes his way

I have this weird feeling of déjà vu; didn't we just go through this whole thing where another AFC East team's fans start celebrating about winning the division title before a single game has been played based solely on the addition of an over-the-hill, soon-to-be-retired, divisive, me-first player on their offense?

This is pure speculation, but knowing Owens' desire to be in the spotlight, is it at all possible that he chose an AFC East team because he wants the spotlight that will come with two games against the Pats - and Randy Moss?

Remember how he was in Dallas with all that 'I'm the original #81' and 'get your popcorn ready' when the Pats played the Cowboys? Of course, the fact that Owens' team lost by three touchdowns and two Pats receivers each had twice as many yards as him probably doesn't matter as much to Owens as the facetime he was able to get in front of all the cameras that week.

also parcells and the fins.

Even smaller corners were having alot of success jamming TO at the line(for example, Pitt's Ike Taylor, who's not terribly good playing press, still had alot of success doing so). The big reason why he had a monster game against SF last year was b/c Mike Singletary was *stupid* enough to play his corners 10 yards off.

Again-trust me-Hobbs and Springs will have no problems.

sadly our corners dont jam receivers like they used to in the past yrs. maybe you need to see the deltha oneal video jamming santoinio holmes.

TO will make a difference for them, but it isn't winning the SB. Heck, I doubt they'll even sniff the playoffs. He'll improve them by a couple wins maybe that will probably cost 'em a top 10 pick.

I will have a blast fixing popcorn before every game, watching the Bills QB's trying to pass at T.O. will be priceless. Never seen a funnier duo of QB's, ever. Both are the same I cant tell who's who, it's the same play over and over, they snap the ball, QB runs, pisses his pants, looks around like he's about to get ran over by a bus, runs forward, bounces off a tackle's ass, jumps and throws a ball 10 feet under or over.

I guarentee you'll be seeing TO shaking his head every play. This is going to be hilarious.

Last edited:

To steal your phrase...HUH? I can't stand the guy, but IMO, I think he's the next best receiver in the AFC East after Moss. It can be said that several others like Evans or Welker are better, but simply I disagree.

Hey, I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree. I was half listening to ESPN's thoughts on the trade and overheard that Owens was second in the league with dropped passes (I tried to google and came up empty). Don't know what context that was in, but he did drop 10 last year. Now he's going to Buffalo which is a whole lot worse conditions then Texas Stadium. In another post someone mentions how great he was in that Superbowl game. Time flies, that was five years ago. If you had to get a first down to make the playoffs, you would rather be throwing to Owens catching then Welker?

Hey, I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree. I was half listening to ESPN's thoughts on the trade and overheard that Owens was second in the league with dropped passes (I tried to google and came up empty). Don't know what context that was in, but he did drop 10 last year. Now he's going to Buffalo which is a whole lot worse conditions then Texas Stadium. In another post someone mentions how great he was in that Superbowl game. Time flies, that was five years ago. If you had to get a first down to make the playoffs, you would rather be throwing to Owens catching then Welker?

Owens, I love Welker but he is always open because Moss demands so much coverage. Give Owens one on ones and he wont be getting first downs, he'll be doing funny dances in the end zone.

This is the last place I would have guessed TO would have ended up. When I heard it, I had to listen a few times before it sunk in. TO in Buffalo ? Why ?
What's the draw ? Trent Edwards ? Horrible climate, mediocre team that is pretty far away from doing anything. I mean why ? He very easily could have waited this out for a week, still got his price or more and went to any one of a number of teams that are better than the Bills with a better QB and situation. I'm shocked. Drew told us there were a number of teams interested, if that was the case, I'm surprised a shrewd guy like Drew didn't wait this out til next Saturday.

A.) T.O. is stupid and doesn't make sense.

B.) There weren't as many options as Drew said and no one really wanted him.

I'd lean towards option B (although A is true in general)

This is the last place I would have guessed TO would have ended up. When I heard it, I had to listen a few times before it sunk in. TO in Buffalo ? Why ?
What's the draw ? Trent Edwards ? Horrible climate, mediocre team that is pretty far away from doing anything. I mean why ? He very easily could have waited this out for a week, still got his price or more and went to any one of a number of teams that are better than the Bills with a better QB and situation. I'm shocked. Drew told us there were a number of teams interested, if that was the case, I'm surprised a shrewd guy like Drew didn't wait this out til next Saturday.

ESPN's Mort said that Ralph Wilson's decision had more to do with economics than anything else(i.e. 3 straight 7-9 seasons, Jauron hanging by the thread, declining interest, bad economy, etc). Signing TO would all but help with just that, especially now that potentially the national sports media will be giving the Bills attention front and center.

He also said that while TO is on good behavior in yr 1, he's essentially playing in a contract year b/c he only signed a 1 year deal. IOW-he WILL be looking for his touches to improve his marketability next year.

He also went on to say that they'll likely draft a TE next month.

Owens, I love Welker but he is always open because Moss demands so much coverage.

yeah, I guess that's why he caught 70 balls from joey freaking harrington while starting only 2 games in '06.

lolz

Owens usually behaves his first year with a new team. If he does, this will help the Bills. They will get more dangerous on offense and they will make the fans drool over a big name.

Having seen what TO did to two teams with well-respected QB's and veteran HC's, I can't wait to see how he messes with the heads of Edwards/Lossman and an experienced but insecure **** Jauron.

This is a very good thing for the Patriots and shows that some franchises just don't get it when it comes to putting together winning combinations on the field and on the sidelines.

yeah, I guess that's why he caught 70 balls from joey freaking harrington while starting only 2 games in '06.

lolz

He had 67 cathes and 687 yards, dont get to excited. Im not saying Welker isnt a top notch reciever, but he is not Owens. Owens is one of the best game breakers and changers the NFL has ever seen. Its not an insult to Welker (who agian, is great in his own right), it is a compliment to Owens.

Having seen what TO did to two teams with well-respected QB's and veteran HC's, I can't wait to see how he messes with the heads of Edwards/Lossman and an experienced but insecure **** Jauron.

This is a very good thing for the Patriots and shows that some franchises just don't get it when it comes to putting together winning combinations on the field and on the sidelines.

You can have all the talent in the world, heck-you can have THE ULTIMATE Fantasy Football team...but Botton Line-Wins have to be EARNED. Especially in this NEW NFL full of parody, wins are becoming awfully harder to come by.

Look at the Pittsburgh Steelers this last year-very talented? Yes-however-most of their wins, including the Super Bowl, were nailbiters...just goes to show how mentally tough they are.

It really is silly for me to argue on behalf of TO, but the guy is a great talent. I hope he has an awful season, but I just don't see it. Trent Edwards seems like a solid, up & coming QB that will be able to get the ball to him and Evans quite a bit which will lead to some big games stat-wise for TO. Fortunately, I don't think Jauron will be able to handle the circus that follows him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back