PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T. Owens visits and signs 1 year deal with Bills [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: T.Owens visits and signs 1 year deal with Bills (merged)

Buffalo just got much better offensively.

yes, my thoughts exactly

be careful what you wish for, as we now have to face him 2x a year

i could care less what drama he'll bring them in the locker room, on the field he makes our divisional foe that much better

great deal by buffalo. TO will be great for this year. pretty dynamic trio of evans, lynch, and TO.
A 1-year deal really is the erfect TO signing.

Ed Werder should have his pick of apartments in that housing market.

Nobody on Buffalo has a strong arm.

TO is going to catch 120 passes for 700 yards.

I like that TO is in our division now because it will make our secondary better in the playoffs from facing him during the season

So, the Pats have to play against him twice this year. I'm not loving that idea. On the plus side, so do the Jests and the Fish! :D

Last edited:

Lee Evans should have a huge year lining up next to T.O.

The Bills signed a player who has blown up every locker room he has ever been in. Add in their QB issues and that TO wasn't the same player in 2008 he had been previously and it remains to be seen if it helps them in the W-L area.

It will certainly sell tickets and get them more pub.

Im really not that worried, TO is gonna start to break down soon, he's an old guy just like harrison did and then the bills are stuck with a rundown wr who thinks he's immortal

He will be an inspiration in the Buffalo locker room until the first time Trent overthrows him. The fans will love his dropped passes, 33 with Dallas. The Bills solidified their stranglehold on last place in the AFL East. Cheering for T.O. is like rooting for cancer.

Might well work for a year. Good gamble by the Bills, imo.

Smart move to only give him one year. TO is forced to behave or he risks not being signed the year after.

Can you say BAD ECONOMY--NEED T.O. SELL TICKETS!

Can't wait for the first Bills Pats game :D

You seem to be awfully happy about this. Like I said, whatever drama he'll bring isn't gonna change the fact that we will now face a Buffalo team with Evans on one side, and Owens on the other.

I just don't want any 11-5 missing playoffs bulls@#t again because of an improved AFC East logjam.

And Buffalo was supposed to be the worst team in the East, we're gonna have one hell of a schedule next yr. I wish he would've gone anywhere else--then we could've sat back and picked apart his drama issues, etc, without having to stop him two times a year

You seem to be awfully happy about this. Like I said, whatever drama he'll bring isn't gonna change the fact that we will now face a Buffalo team with Evans on one side, and Owens on the other.

I just don't want any 11-5 missing playoffs bulls@#t again because of an improved AFC East logjam.

And Buffalo was supposed to be the worst team in the East, we're gonna have one hell of a schedule next yr. I wish he would've gone anywhere else--then we could've sat back and picked apart his drama issues, etc, without having to stop him two times a year

God help our defense.

I hope he can play RB

HAHA. No QB to throw him the ball. Cant wait to see how this goes.

I have a couple of thoughts: one, the fact TO signed for just one year, and in one of the smallest markets, it makes me think this was his only offer. Second, kudos to Buffalo for not signing him for more than one year. Third, does this change the Pats' free agency game plan at all? More pressure to sign a vet pass rushing LB or another vet CB, perhaps?

Having to face TO is going to improve and harden our secondary and help make it championship caliber come playoff time.

Wheatley and Wilhite may make a leap this year from learning how to cover a top WR

Hey . . . that reminds me.

Everyone always mentions how Springs shuts down TO. Maybe this isn't gonna hurt us so much.

I hope he can play RB

why because of Lynch's charge? he's looking at a 2-4 game suspension at worst. he's already pled to misdemeanor charges, and didn't even have charges last time. they're probably going to draft another RB in the draft anyway. it may seriously take 12 wins now to get this division. last yr and the past 4-5,it seemed like it was almost a lock we'd win the East and get a playoff spot.
after going 11-5 and missing out, with the other 3 teams around us improving, I could've used seeing him go elsewhere. whether he's a drama queen or not, he's still a viable threat as a WR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back