PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T. Owens visits and signs 1 year deal with Bills [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: T.Owens visits and signs 1 year deal with Bills (merged)

Trent 18 TDs/18 INTs Edwards to Terrell second most drops in the NFL Owens will be quite electric.

Last edited:

Whether the Bills were the only offer or not - I'm going on out on a limb here and guessing that the idea of winning against the Pats, Brady and Moss in particular, holds more than a little bit of appeal for TO.

Last edited:

I'm sorry, does Edwards suck or something?

Edwards is decent, but he doesn't throw downfield much at all. Which, considering his top targets are two downfield receivers (Owens and Evans) and the team is stylized around a power running attack and a short passing attack, I don't know if Owens is a very good fit or if Edwards will get him the ball where he wants it.

I guess this means PK Sam won't be making the Bills. Well, back to Canada with you, PK.

I think it was universally understood that the Bills were a 35 year old declining WR away from a Super Bowl and their first playoff berth in nine years.

Jeez, ya think a volitile guy like TO might drink that water up in Buffalo and later on up and kill some folks?

Say, weren't the Bills on Mortensen's list of No Way TOse teams?

Man, it's almost enough to make one stop believing in Mort's sooper sekrit info! :confused:

:D

Last edited:

I laughed when the Jets signed Favre, and it did hurt them in the end, but it also hurt the Pats. I hope that doesn't happen here.

They can have him. He has to know that he is only the 2nd best receiver in this division.

I laughed when the Jets signed Favre, and it did hurt them in the end, but it also hurt the Pats. I hope that doesn't happen here.

The one positive I take from this is that I don't feel Buffalo matches up well against the Patriots in general (I'm not a Trent Edwards fan) so, even with this improvement, I don't see Buffalo beating the Patriots.

T.O signing with The Bills thells Me that they were his only offer.Buffalo isn't a huge Media market.

Gotta laugh at the people snickering about this saying Buffalo is screwed. I don't envy having our DB's facing TO twice a year. Not one bit.

Despite his ever growing age, TO is still extremely talented and will pose problems when we face him. They have him for one year, its not like they are stuck with TO for an extended period of time.

Last edited:

What's the general opinion about Buffalo's defense? Good, avg, bad?

I really don't know.

They can have him. He has to know that he is only the 2nd best receiver in this division.

Huh? He wouldn't even be the second best receiver on the Patriots let alone the division.

Good move for Buffalo... what do they really have to lose? And if he's not a turd, Buffalo's got a LOT better offense all of a sudden.

Im really not that worried, TO is gonna start to break down soon, he's an old guy just like harrison did and then the bills are stuck with a rundown wr who thinks he's immortal

He got a 1 year deal.

this is a dream for the media. TO vs moss comparisons, twice a season . plus its make the bills pretty good offensively with a motivated TO and evans and lynch. i dont like this atten on our team even without TO.

What's the general opinion about Buffalo's defense? Good, avg, bad?

I really don't know.

pretty decent if healthy IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes