PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T.O. to sign with the Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotsrule

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
A TV station in Texas is reporting that the Cowboys and T.O. have reached an agreement and it will be announced on Monday when Jerry Jones arrives back from Mexico.

ok, I'll bite. link for this news source?

Warren94 said:
ok, I'll bite. link for this news source?
Click on Sports.
http://www.klbk.com/
Sources within the Dallas Cowboys have told the KLBK-13 Sports Department that the Cowboys have signed wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Terms of his contract have not been disclosed.

The Cowboys plan to announce the signing of Owens officially in a press conference on Monday.

Owens was ran out of Philadelphia after bad-mouthing the Eagles organization and quarterback Donovan McNabb last season. Owens is also remembered for taunting the Dallas Cowboys and its fans on the "Texas Stadium Star" while he was a member of the San Francisco 49ers a few years ago.

Owens enters his 11th season in the NFL, and will play on his third
team in four years.

He was ran out? Is that the way they talk in Texas? :rofl:

Do the pats play the 'boys this year? Can't remember.

Good God, TO and "She" on the same team.

As someone that was raised by a maniacal Cowboys-hater to despise that team, I couldn't be happier. Can't wait to see him blow up on Drew. :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
As someone that was raised by a maniacal Cowboys-hater to despise that team, I couldn't be happier. Can't wait to see him blow up on Drew. :D
Giants, Redskins, Eagles, 49ers fan or general Cowboy hater?

Not so fast??

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
REPORT OF T.O. SIGNING IS "BOGUS"

Reports originating from a Lubbock, Texas television station that receiver Terrell Owens has signed with the Cowboys are "bogus," a league source with knowledge of the situation tells us.

KLBK 13 says that sources with the Cowboys have told the station that Owens already has been signed, and that the move will be announced on Monday.

On one hand, we could envision the Cowboys intentionally leaking misinformation in order to scare off other potential suitors while owner Jerry Jones wraps up a vacation. On the other hand, why in the hell would the leak be made to a television station in Lubbock?

Bottom line -- there's no deal, and the reports are erroneous.

Its fake all sites are reporting the link and news report is fake and false.

No signings have been made.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Giants, Redskins, Eagles, 49ers fan or general Cowboy hater?
Stillers fan, in the 70s. My Dad would get red in the face just seeing a silver star, and would get close to cardiac arrest with every mention of them being "America's Team". Bought him the SB XL DVD for his birthday (and told him it made me sick to my stomach to do so) and he called yesterday to thank me and brag about how awesome it was. Had to tell him, that I was truly happy that he liked his present, but it probably wouldn't compare to 3 Games to Glory I, II, and III. :D He laughed and said it was better than the Patriots book I sent him last year. (My sister and I, both Patriots fans, have been working on converting him for about 10 years now)

DefenseRules said:
Bummer. Oh well, still the most likely place he'd end up, no?

SeanBruschi54 said:
Its fake all sites are reporting the link and news report is fake and false.

No signings have been made.

That's not correct. Most sites are now backtracking. The TV station said "sources close to the Cowboys organazion" told them a deal has been agreed upon. They have a heck of a lot more to lose than Pro Football Talk does. Not only with their viewers but with the Cowboys. Can you imagine if they reported that and it wasn't true? Parcells would never give them a sniff of information again. Someone down in Texas on one of the Cowboy boards said a couple of other stations down there are now reporting the same thing. I'll go with them over John Clayton and PFT. Plus, they are right. Jerry Jones - like Robert Kraft - decided to take a vacation just as free agency started and won't be back until this weekend. That's why the press conference is scheduled for Monday. Pro Football Talk got this one wrong (big surprise). Looks like this is a done deal. Besides, there have been just way too many rumors coming out over the past couple of days that he's going to Dallas. It's over, he's a Cowboy.

If T.O. hated playing with McNabb then why the heck would he want Bledsoe throwing to him??? How many backfoot specials will Bledsoe serve up to T.O. before he goes Ape *****??? :p

Last edited:
You mean McNabb...McNair would've busted his *****

to the cowboys? best news of the day.

Last edited:
patriotsrule said:
That's not correct. Most sites are now backtracking. The TV station said "sources close to the Cowboys organazion" told them a deal has been agreed upon. They have a heck of a lot more to lose than Pro Football Talk does. Not only with their viewers but with the Cowboys. Can you imagine if they reported that and it wasn't true? Parcells would never give them a sniff of information again. Someone down in Texas on one of the Cowboy boards said a couple of other stations down there are now reporting the same thing. I'll go with them over John Clayton and PFT. Plus, they are right. Jerry Jones - like Robert Kraft - decided to take a vacation just as free agency started and won't be back until this weekend. That's why the press conference is scheduled for Monday. Pro Football Talk got this one wrong (big surprise). Looks like this is a done deal. Besides, there have been just way too many rumors coming out over the past couple of days that he's going to Dallas. It's over, he's a Cowboy.

dude, patriots rule, who gives a ratsass where a moron like TO goes, as long is it isnt here? we sure as hell dont want that moron

im not an expert, but who the hell else do you think would take a team-wrecker like TO? only a coach who is in his last year. tuna was way overrated anyways.

PatsWorldChamps said:
dude, patriots rule, who gives a ratsass where a moron like TO goes, as long is it isnt here? we sure as hell dont want that moron

You guys post when Josh McCown gets signed for Christ sakes. Are you telling me no one on this board has any interest in where T.O. ends up? I'll take that bet. Jay Glazer says it's a three year deal. And for him not coming here, you won't have to worry about that. No one comes here anymore, they just leave. Where have you been lately?

F.B.N. said:
If T.O. hated playing with McNair then why the heck would he want Bledsoe throwing to him??? How many backfoot specials will Bledsoe serve up to T.O. before he goes Ape *****??? :p
1st of all, you're an idiot... how much did TO hate playing with mcnair?
2nd of all, it's not up to TO... the queston is, who would want to throw to him?
and 3rd of all, jack@ss, how many passes did he catch from mcnair? (man, morons make this easy)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference