PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Surprising Bruschi interview regarding Wes Welker situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are way off on this one. Take a look of some old Pats games and you will see a different Brady in the pocket. He gets much more easily flustered these days. I also think his line back then was more comparable to the one he has now with constantly rotating players in the right side of the line and a young left tackle. If anything, you could say his line in 2010 and 2011 were some of the best he has played behind which is why you didn't remember him being under more pressure.

When we were not so far removed from the last SB Brady had great pocket awareness and an uncanny ablity to sense the rush and get rid of the ball. 2 SB losses later he is 'flustered' when doing the exact same thing.
Brady hasn't changed, your perspective has.

If you dont take Eli over Brady at this point in their careers you need to get your head checked.

If you dont take Eli over Brady at this point in their careers you need to get your head checked.

Thanks for joining the board Archie

It's easier to shoot arrows behind a great fortress, than to be the one attempting to destroy it.

Last edited:
How about we look at the recent history, since that is the only possible way you could even attempt to compare the two. Comparing their full careers would only serve to make this comparison even more laughable.

Since 2010:

Manning - 21 wins 14 loses 65 touchdowns 44 interceptions (Are you ******* kidding me?)

Brady - 28 wins 6 losses 78 touchdowns 17 interceptions

It's not even close. Just because the media shoves Eli down your throat doesn't mean you have to buy what they're selling. That and having an attention span that lasts more than the last 30 seconds might help.

Again, Brady brought one of the worst defenses in recent memory to a super bowl. The game came down to Welker letting the ball go through his hands against Manningham making another miracle catch for NY to win.

Last edited:
When we were not so far removed from the last SB Brady had great pocket awareness and an uncanny ablity to sense the rush and get rid of the ball. 2 SB losses later he is 'flustered' when doing the exact same thing.
Brady hasn't changed, your perspective has.

Maybe, maybe not but so far halfway through this game I am seeing the old brady as bodies are flying around him. Its nice to see.

Thank you. Have to agree, at this point, Eli is more clutch, money or whatever you want to call him. But when you need "the throw", Eli is now much more likely to give it to you than Tom.

I see your reasoning and have to give Eli credit where it's due, BUT give Tom, Eli's defense, and watch Eli try to play against that D. Each SB would've been over by the half.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft