PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker Speculation thread (pure opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Ivan we all like Wes Welker too....lets tone down the hyperbole. BB has NEVER had an offense that was dominated by a WR, and its not going to happen this year either. In fact, because of all his potential options, Welker's importance is likely to be LESS, not more.
It happened last year

Yeah, Ivan we all like Wes Welker too....lets tone down the hyperbole. BB has NEVER had an offense that was dominated by a WR, and its not going to happen this year either. In fact, because of all his potential options, Welker's importance is likely to be LESS, not more.

Calm down now. That does't mean he he isn't good, or we don't respect him,

Yeah, you guys love him. He's too old, too small, too slow, he's just a system guy, and he can easily be replaced by a guy who has done nothing. Such respect, he should be flattered and take the garbage offer the Patriots made just to satisfy their dumbassed fans who know nothing about football but everything about Madden, where height, speed, and better combine numbers matter much more than your actual performance as a player.

In all the time I have followed the Patriots i have never seen anything like the disrespect that has been heaped on welker. It's as disgraceful as it is ungrateful and ignorant, and anyone who has actually paid attention to his performance on the field instead of his height should know that. You would like to think that a player who has conducted himself the way Welker has and has performed the way Welker has would be revered by fans who clamor for those qualities in every player, instead he gets crapped on by those who think Madden ratings trump actual play.

Much as i love this team the Welker situation and his treatment by the Patriots and by Patriot fans has really disgusted me.

BTW Ken, the same haters made the same arguments last year, and the fact that they are back making them again demonstrates that this has nothing to do with reality, as Welker obliterated their arguments with his performance, just as he always has. Apparently playing like a HOF player doesn't matter to many Patriot fans.

Bottom line Ken, I'm pissed off about the crap people are talking about Welker, and while I wouldn't start a thread about I will continue to respond when people keep taking craps on him.

Yeah, you guys love him. He's too old, too small, too slow, he's just a system guy, and he can easily be replaced by a guy who has done nothing. Such respect, he should be flattered and take the garbage offer the Patriots made just to satisfy their dumbassed fans who know nothing about football but everything about Madden, where height, speed, and better combine numbers matter much more than your actual performance as a player.

In all the time I have followed the Patriots i have never seen anything like the disrespect that has been heaped on welker. It's as disgraceful as it is ungrateful and ignorant, and anyone who has actually paid attention to his performance on the field instead of his height should know that. You would like to think that a player who has conducted himself the way Welker has and has performed the way Welker has would be revered by fans who clamor for those qualities in every player, instead he gets crapped on by those who think Madden ratings trump actual play.

Much as i love this team the Welker situation and his treatment by the Patriots and by Patriot fans has really disgusted me.

BTW Ken, the same haters made the same arguments last year, and the fact that they are back making them again demonstrates that this has nothing to do with reality, as Welker obliterated their arguments with his performance, just as he always has. Apparently playing like a HOF player doesn't matter to many Patriot fans.

Bottom line Ken, I'm pissed off about the crap people are talking about Welker, and while I wouldn't start a thread about I will continue to respond when people keep taking craps on him.

Are you for real?

This just in.. Welker just called and asked you to tone it down.

Last edited:

Is your last name Welker, by any chance?

Seriously, Ivan, you're approaching Teenuh Zone (tm) levels of crazy here. Take a step back, maybe even take a break from posting for a bit.

Last edited:
Is your last name Welker, by any chance?

Seriously, Ivan, you're approaching Teenuh Zone (tm) levels of crazy here. Take a step back, maybe even take a break from posting for a bit.

What did he say that was inaccurate?

Well he showed up for work today...that is a start....what ever personal reasons is...By the way 9.5 mill. is not a disrespectfull number in any ones book.

Possible the personal reason was that his agent (he and Hernandez have the same agent) let him know the Patriots were about to lock up Hernandez for an additional 5 years and $40 million with a $12.5 million signing bonus (highest ever for a "TE")

Possible the personal reason was that his agent (he and Hernandez have the same agent) let him know the Patriots were about to lock up Hernandez for an additional 5 years and $40 million with a $12.5 million signing bonus (highest ever for a "TE")

It doesn't matter. He can not negotiate a new deal until March. He has no leverage at all, even if he demanded a trade HE CAN NOT do a new deal with that team either.

Hey Ivan...I don't agree with you..that being said, go as nutso as you need to about this topic...and don't listen to any of these Ageist bigots or agenda police...this is a FAN message board for Patriots fans...you got an axe to grind, grind away brother...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back