PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Surprising Bruschi interview regarding Wes Welker situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sit her for the past 7 minutes trying to recall "clutch throws" by Brady and I am at a loss. I know my memory is not that bad and I've watched pretty much every televised Patriots game. Can anyone help me out? It's late and maybe I'm tired.
Happen ti watch the Dallas game last year?

I have sit her for the past 7 minutes trying to recall "clutch throws" by Brady and I am at a loss. I know my memory is not that bad and I've watched pretty much every televised Patriots game. Can anyone help me out? It's late and maybe I'm tired.

Seriously, how can you be a pats fan and not remember a single one. I can think of at least a dozen without much thought.

As much as people don't want to hear it, Brady's time is close to past. He can say he's going to play for another 5 years, but it won't be at a level that wins championships unless the defense is there to complete the picture and even then it takes a certain amount of clutch that Brady does not do as much.

We've been seeing that for a opulent of years now.

I'm afraid i have to say Eli is now what Tom used to be.Eli can adapt to changing personnel like Barden like how we used to say Brady's favorite receiver is the open one but now he is so inflexible he can only work with receivers he's worked with for years. Don't tell me people you don't notice tom used to stand in the pocket fearlessly but instead now he is ducking for cover before pressure gets to him like on that sack in the Arizona game. Remember how Tom's pocket movement was great and how he avoided sacks and completed passes that's gone now.Tom now seems to get rattled like i never used to see. If you think i'm lying check out the Jets playoff loss guys were open but Brady just seemed panicked. He is still an upper level Qb but the erosion has clearly begun.

Anyone who thinks Tom is playing as well as Eli is just a homer. Eli is the best qb in the NFL right now. He's just playing exceptional. Tom's playing well as long as everything is going well. Eli is making things happen when things aren't going well. That's not Tom hate. It's just the truth.

Best QB in the league doesn't lose the nationally televised NFL season opener coming off a SB winning season in his own building against his teams biggest rival and also gets outplayed by Tony Romo

Last edited:
Can you name another ex teammate that has said that he prefers Eli over Tom?

Steve "Lobster-face" DeOssie?

Oops! I meant Steve "Backstabbing Lobster-face" DeOssie.

Last edited:
Yes, because losing to the Cardinals with their backup qb is much more impressive.

Brady has 35 fourth quarter comebacks, which makes 6th all time. His career isn't over yet. I'd say he's pretty clutch

35 4th quarter comebacks and the best winning percentage of all time, meaning he has had less opportunity to get a 4th quarter comeback because he has been trailing less than any QB ever.

Anyone who thinks Tom is playing as well as Eli is just a homer. Eli is the best qb in the NFL right now. He's just playing exceptional. Tom's playing well as long as everything is going well. Eli is making things happen when things aren't going well. That's not Tom hate. It's just the truth.

So you think a comeback after throwing 3 Ints to put your team in the hole is the definition of greatness?

I'd like to see Eli play against the Giants' Defense when the D line is pumped up for a Super Bowl and gets its pass rush on. I'd also like to see Tom play against the Pats' Defense and see how it goes. Won't happen but I think Eli would have a tougher time against that Giants pass rush then he has had against the Pats' pass rush. Just my opinion. Eli is a great/top QB and I respect him but he also has a great pass rush on his side that he doesn't have to play against.

As much as people don't want to hear it, Brady's time is close to past. He can say he's going to play for another 5 years, but it won't be at a level that wins championships unless the defense is there to complete the picture and even then it takes a certain amount of clutch that Brady does not do as much.

We've been seeing that for a opulent of years now.

Yes clearly the only unanimous MVP in NFL history and breaking the alltime passing yardage record in his last 2 seasons while increasing his best all time winning percentage are obvious signs the end is near:rolleyes:

I'm afraid i have to say Eli is now what Tom used to be.Eli can adapt to changing personnel like Barden like how we used to say Brady's favorite receiver is the open one but now he is so inflexible he can only work with receivers he's worked with for years. Don't tell me people you don't notice tom used to stand in the pocket fearlessly but instead now he is ducking for cover before pressure gets to him like on that sack in the Arizona game. Remember how Tom's pocket movement was great and how he avoided sacks and completed passes that's gone now.Tom now seems to get rattled like i never used to see. If you think i'm lying check out the Jets playoff loss guys were open but Brady just seemed panicked. He is still an upper level Qb but the erosion has clearly begun.

Tom Brady 2011 Stats
Comp % Att/g Yds Yds G TD QB Rating
65.6 38.2 5,235 327.2 39 105.6

Where is the erosion? No Tom Brady in 2011 = No Super Bowl.

I'd like to see Eli play against the Giants' Defense when the D line is pumped up for a Super Bowl and gets its pass rush on. I'd also like to see Tom play against the Pats' Defense and see how it goes. Won't happen but I think Eli would have a tougher time against that Giants pass rush then he has had against the Pats' pass rush. Just my opinion. Eli is a great/top QB and I respect him but he also has a great pass rush on his side that he doesn't have to play against.

Some used to make the same argument about Peyton when the Pats owned him for awhile - how would it have been if Brady had to go against that BB coached D w/ its schemes & disguises, and PM played against the Colts D of that time?

It's all relative.

IMO, Eli earned the right to be slotted as top-tier QB along with Brady.

Anyone who thinks Tom is playing as well as Eli is just a homer. Eli is the best qb in the NFL right now. He's just playing exceptional. Tom's playing well as long as everything is going well. Eli is making things happen when things aren't going well.

I bookmarked this page so I can come back to it when the season is over. Just let me remind of the rest of the Giants schedule

@Philly
Cleveland
@San Fran
Washington
@Dallas
Pittsburgh
@Cincinnati
Green Bay
@Washington
New Orleans
@Atlanta
@Baltimore
Philly

Best QB in the league should go at least 11-2/10-3 during that stretch.

I mean unless of course Eli craps his pants against the Redskins again like last year right now.

Eli has his first good game of the season against the Panthers and now he is the top QB in the league. That's a joke.

btw just to squash it I don't think Brady is the best QB in the league now. Although if he had a halfway decent line I might consider him 1B

Last edited:
Steve "Lobster-face" DeOssie?

Oops! I meant Steve "Backstabbing Lobster-face" DeOssie.
Calm down. Have some dip before you go high blood pressure like him.

The question I axed was to name another TEAMMATE who now prefers Eli over Tom. Thank you for attempting to follow directions and not leap to your Deossie nightmares at every opportunity.

I must disagree because John Elway proved that an old QB can manage an offense to win SBs. He proved that great teams win SBs, and great QBs are only a part of the picture.

Last minute TD to Ahern last year against the Cowboys.

How short term IS your memory?

There are many, many. Off the top of my head, Baltimore 2007, Miami 2003 to Branch in OT, Buffalo at home 2009.......not to mention the Snowbowl game and the first two SB's just to get into AV's range.

That's off the cuff.

Maybe you should leave these statements to people who follow the subject?

Last edited:
Yes clearly the only unanimous MVP in NFL history and breaking the alltime passing yardage record in his last 2 seasons while increasing his best all time winning percentage are obvious signs the end is near:rolleyes:

AJ see what happens when 2 games in we're off track alil and now wheels are falling off Brady Express. What will they say when it gets back on track and Brady knows which direction JMac wants to inploy "O"? and you & I know that Brady will back stronger than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back