PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Surprising Bruschi interview regarding Wes Welker situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who thinks Tom is playing as well as Eli is just a homer. Eli is the best qb in the NFL right now. He's just playing exceptional. Tom's playing well as long as everything is going well. Eli is making things happen when things aren't going well. That's not Tom hate. It's just the truth.

This is horse****.

I thought Brady's last drive last week was pretty clutch. Down late in the game. Pass after pass into the teeth of the Cards D front 7 who had owned NE's pass protection knowing he had to get the ball off quickly and accurately. The final run was a great call by McD who was not having one of his better days responding to AH's sudden absence. Then 2 separate incidents which will forever spawn Polish jokes. Sad.

I bookmarked this page so I can come back to it when the season is over. Just let me remind of the rest of the Giants schedule

@Philly
Cleveland
@San Fran
Washington
@Dallas
Pittsburgh
@Cincinnati
Green Bay
@Washington
New Orleans
@Atlanta
@Baltimore
Philly

Best QB in the league should go at least 11-2/10-3 during that stretch.

I mean unless of course Eli craps his pants against the Redskins again like last year right now.

Eli has his first good game of the season against the Panthers and now he is the top QB in the league. That's a joke.

btw just to squash it I don't think Brady is the best QB in the league now. Although if he had a halfway decent line I might consider him 1B

I fail to get your point or what the season proves. Eli is playing the best right now. If your point is to say "ha ha" at the end of the season, I don't get it. What does the entire season have to do with who is playing well right now?

It's pretty childish IMO to bookmark this for some future "told you so" when I never said Eli would have the best year.... pretty lame IMO. He's playing pretty damn good right now though. Better than Brady is.

Last edited:
" Tom's playing well as long as everything is going well. Eli is making things happen when things aren't going well."

I think there is something to that.

I am a lifelong Pats fan, going back to the Mike Taliaferro era, so I definitely appreciate Tom Brady. No question. But you have to hand it to Eli Manning. He has been coming up with the big throws when all the chips are on the table (and the protection is breaking down), and the Giants have a couple of Super Bowl trophies as a result.

I also admire the way Eli called his shot. A little more than a year ago, the jackals in the NY media asked him, sneeringly, "Do you think you are an elite QB like Tom Brady?", and he said "yes I do". They scoffed. A year later nobody is scoffing. In fact here we are on a Pats board, and people are giving him his props! Amazing! Good for him.

Eli is playing against the Pats defense in those SB. Last year's SB defense was the worst secondary I've ever seen, so I wasn't shocked about Manningham catching that pass.

Brady however was playing against a hot and motivated defense.

You do the math. Of course, Eli will APPEAR more clutch. He's waaaay overrated, him throwing 3 INTs against a lousy Bucs D and then throwing 4 TDs as I expected him to do in the first place, is not all that impressive.

Brady sliced up the Titans (who suck as bad as the Bucs) and lost Hernandez and the gameplan to a good Cardinals secondary. I'm still sticking with Brady.

This theory's been torn apart tons of times. Last year's offense was historically good too, and it didn't magically make the defense rank 4th in the league.

People don't give that unit credit because of one drive, as if they lost that game all by themselves. They had some problems covering the middle of the field after Colvin got injured and AD moved to OLB, but they were elite compared to any of the defenses we've fielded since then.

And you have to be a huge Pats homer to not believe Eli is an elite QB, and probably the most clutch one in the league right now. Dude had 7 fourth quarter comebacks last year.

Why is it had he had to make so many comebacks? Hmm, probably because he didn't put his team in the best position to win the game in the first 3 quarters...

Comebacks are great, but sometimes they are over rated a little bit.

A QB can suck for 3 quarters, his defense keeps him in the game, than he magically comes from behind to win the game in the 4th and all of a sudden he's elite?

Not saying Eli is bad, but he is NOT on the tier that Brady and Rodgers share as the top tier of QBs. Period.

Eli is playing against the Pats defense in those SB. Last year's SB defense was the worst secondary I've ever seen, so I wasn't shocked about Manningham catching that pass.

Brady however was playing against a hot and motivated defense.

You do the math. Of course, Eli will APPEAR more clutch. He's waaaay overrated, him throwing 3 INTs against a lousy Bucs D and then throwing 4 TDs as I expected him to do in the first place, is not all that impressive.

Brady sliced up the Titans (who suck as bad as the Bucs) and lost Hernandez and the gameplan to a good Cardinals secondary. I'm still sticking with Brady.

How do you define clutch? Overcoming 3 INT's to lead your team to 25 4th quarter points in a comeback win is something very few current QB's can do.

And you need to re-watch the throw to Manningham in the SB. There is about a 12" window Eli had to fit that into; the coverage was actually outstanding on that play.

How do you define clutch? Overcoming 3 INT's to lead your team to 25 4th quarter points in a comeback win is something very few current QB's can do.

And you need to re-watch the throw to Manningham in the SB. There is about a 12" window Eli had to fit that into; the coverage was actually outstanding on that play.

That's Drew Bledsoe/Brett Favre football.

It was a very good pass but it was the catch that was outstanding not the coverage. Manningham doesn't make that catch and Manning isn't so clutch -see how that works.

How is it better to throw 2 picks and comeback than to not throw the picks at all and win without a comeback?

At this point in his career we can see some differences from Brady's early years. Earlier in his career he was fearless in the pocket and would stay in till the last second to make the throw if needed. Since his injury in 2008 he doesn't move around the pocket as well and doesn't like to take the hits. I also don't think he has played as well in the playoffs as he did earlier in his career. The Patriots have put the weight of the team on his shoulders in the last few years and he has had some poor playoff performances.

That being said I think that he is better in other aspects of the game then he was before. He is a smarter QB now, and that is saying a lot because he was a very smart QB from the beginning. His reads before the snap and his decision making are about as good as the NFL has ever seen. He runs probably the toughest offence in the league and makes it look easy. His arm and his accuracy are still top notch and he is still a great leader and a probably the best competitor in the league.

I think that Brady can still be great for another 3 -5 years, depending on his health. What is most important is that the team continues to build on the running game and they must have a good o-line in front of him 'cause he's basically a statue back there now.

Last edited:
" Tom's playing well as long as everything is going well. Eli is making things happen when things aren't going well."

I think there is something to that.

I am a lifelong Pats fan, going back to the Mike Taliaferro era, so I definitely appreciate Tom Brady. No question. But you have to hand it to Eli Manning. He has been coming up with the big throws when all the chips are on the table (and the protection is breaking down), and the Giants have a couple of Super Bowl trophies as a result.

I also admire the way Eli called his shot. A little more than a year ago, the jackals in the NY media asked him, sneeringly, "Do you think you are an elite QB like Tom Brady?", and he said "yes I do". They scoffed. A year later nobody is scoffing. In fact here we are on a Pats board, and people are giving him his props! Amazing! Good for him.
Eli's great at "calling his shot." As when he "****ied out, cried and stomped his tootsies" until Daddy made sure he didn't have to go to San Diego. Very good QB and a rich, entitled baby.

At this point in his career we can see some differences from Brady's early years. Earlier in his career he was fearless in the pocket and would stay in till the last second to make the throw if needed. Since his injury in 2008 he doesn't move around the pocket as well and doesn't like to take the hits. .

I think you are dead wrong here. 2010 and 11 were his best years of moving around in the pocket. He didn't look too shabby last year either taking his team to the super bowl. The only case if you have this year is based on 2 games off of poor offensive line play. And also I don't think there is one QB that likes to get hit.

...except Ben Rthlsbrgr

...except Ben Rthlsbrgr

Ben has no clue how to operate in a clean pocket. Struggles to read defenses and make the initial throw on time. He's the king of the broken play however. Oddly that is what fascinates many pundits, mediots and fans. As it did with Favre. The same randomness that Belichick has spent a lifetime busting asses to avoid. When the way you win when you do is to revert to sandlot mode and rely on raw talent you also lose a lot and are immune to superior coaching. There is a little of that in Eli, and the whole Giants team for that matter. That is why they like Pittsburgh have been so boom or bust between wins and seasons. Touch of it in the dynamic duo in the swamp, too, although neither is talented enough to pull it off often enough over the long haul.

I think you are dead wrong here. 2010 and 11 were his best years of moving around in the pocket. He didn't look too shabby last year either taking his team to the super bowl. The only case if you have this year is based on 2 games off of poor offensive line play. And also I don't think there is one QB that likes to get hit.

he seems to be a funny guy from the oreo and the direct tv commercials atleast. Removing the blind hatred i had after losing 2 superbowls to this guy, he seems like a good qb afterall.

I think you are way off on this one. Take a look of some old Pats games and you will see a different Brady in the pocket. He gets much more easily flustered these days. I also think his line back then was more comparable to the one he has now with constantly rotating players in the right side of the line and a young left tackle. If anything, you could say his line in 2010 and 2011 were some of the best he has played behind which is why you didn't remember him being under more pressure.

It's amazing how people forget brady led his team for two game winning touchdowns.......only for the defense to give up the lead.

Brady can't play defense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back