PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Still worried about our secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too late in the season to change anything. You've had them all season and the defense is doing pretty well. so you have to live with it or jump off the band wagon.

Our secondary is fine. Our defense is fine. Our special teams are fine.

With Harrison, Hawkins and Sanders, the safeties are as good as we've had all year, and perhaps for some time. Wilson has not played well since his rookie season.

With Samuel, Hobbs, and Scott (in whatever order) plus Mickens, we are fine at corner. We lost Gay, but he has not performed since his rookie year, and has not been missed much.

Basically, this is the quality secondary we expected for in pre-season. I would have preferred adding a certain 2006 free agent, and believe that we could have gotten others that are better than Mickens during the last off-season.

Personally, I would start Scott and have Hobbs at nickel (almost as many reps). However, there is nothing wrong with this secondary.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The bottom line is that there is nothing wrong with our defense, especially with Wilfork coming back. Banta-Cain has taken Seau's reps. Wright has been great. The defense has done fine.

-------------------------------------------------

Rodney played lot in the box and blitzed a few times.we obviously wanted to stop the Jags run

i agree im never comfortable with our pass D but having Scott/Mickens instead of Troy is good for me..Ray Mickens did well in the 1 game he played a lot but havent seen much of him lately. im more worried about deep ball and tackling

Agreed with that.

Whether they can do well will show when, or if depending how the playoffs go, they play teams with the better recievers. It also will depend on how the front 7 does, whether the Patriots have a lead and the opponent has to pass which makes it easier.

agreed that our front seven can change things. If we can get to the QB, and put the pressure on the QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back