PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Mariucci on Cassel's trade value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good call, I stand corrected. It's quite EASY to move down if you don't care for value. Didn't the Vikings move down two years in a row by just letting time ellapse and a fwe teams drafted ahead of them by running to the table with names ? I guess, I did mean trade down AND get value.

Again, quit the hyperbole. You can get VALUE. You just can't get draft-value-chart-value. Why? Because the chart is an anachronism. You can't get 3000 points for 1.1. Could you get 2000? Maybe. Could you trade it for 1.10, and a handful of second day picks? Sure as hell.

I don't know about that. The NFL Draft Scout which is pretty reliable has him in their top 64.
DW Toys

32 starts, and a sub 60% completion percentage? That doesn't bode well.

Didn't the Vikings move down two years in a row by just letting time ellapse and a fwe teams drafted ahead of them by running to the table with names ?

BB might actually do this on purpose, but, according to what's been written, the Vikings doing that was sheer incompetence. :)

BB might actually do this on purpose, but, according to what's been written, the Vikings doing that was sheer incompetence. :)

The Vikes were on the hook for the salary slot of their draft pick when they did that. That was a great draft, there were like three teams fighting to get their picks in before the Vikings got theirs in. Probably cut an hour off of the first round.

I think I'd be very happy again at #10.

I think just for agruments sake, that IF Kansas City Wanted Cassel, I would not want #3 due to the cost of signing that pick.

IF Kanas city wanted it they would have to give more than a straight up #10 pick from San Fran. I would then try like hell to trade down from #3.

The Chiefs has the worst defensive line in the league and that # 3 pick would be a great opportunity to grab a D-lineman. Plus they might like what saw of Tyler Thigpen.

If anyone else thinks SF would be interested in Cassel or Brady, know that Shaun Hill had a pretty good season. I doubt that SF would give up the # 10 pick and give up on Hill in the process.

Shaun Hill game log

Last edited:
The Chiefs has the worst defensive line in the league and that # 3 pick would be a great opportunity to grab a D-lineman. Plus they might like what saw of Tyler Thigpen.

If anyone else thinks SF would be interested in Cassel or Brady, know that Shaun Hill had a pretty good season. I doubt that SF would give up the # 10 pick and give up on Hill in the process.

Shaun Hill game log

Wait a second.....who was talking about trading Brady:banned:

Agreed though I think that they will keep Hill as the starter as he really did not do bad in his 8 games he started. I think they will keep that pick (#10 is a nice draft pick) to build their team in other places maybe a stud OLB as Lawson has been a bust in terms of his ability to get to the quarterback. Early on I thought that SF may be a good spot for MC but I think they are going to hang on to Hill and draft a QB in the later rounds.....not the first overall:D:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes