PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stephen A. Smith calls Aaron Rodgers, not Tom Brady, the ‘most talented quarterback’ of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
he said if rodgers had BB, the pats would be better lol

Well of course he's an idiot. No one diagnoses a defense better than Brady. The only one who was ever close was Peyton Manning. Guys like Brees, Rothlisberger, Rodgers, Rivers can beat you after the snap.

Guys like Brady and Manning beat you before the snap (oh, and Brady and young Peyton could beat you after the snap, too).

Don't believe everything you see on the internet. Especially when it's associated to BSPN!

SAS is entitled to his wrong opinion.

If we're going to play this game then I'd say the most talented QB of all time was Randall Cunningham because the dude had the arm and he had the legs.

There's just no sane way to say Aaron Rodgers as the answer to any question about all timers.

So Rodgers is an underperforming QB.

That's basically what is being said in a nutshell. Also, Green Bay's coaching staff really sucks.

I think he has to be shut off....too much jin and juice......

I hate to say this but "I agree with Stephen A. Smith" on this particular issue, although he is just a hot button idiot who will say anything to get a headline.

Aaron Rodgers is the most physically gifted quarterback I have ever seen. His accuracy both in the pocket and on the run, being able to just flick his wrist while his body is going in another direction, is absolutely remarkable and unlike anything I have seen at the position.

That being said, Tom Brady is a better leader, something that has been apparent for a long time, as Brady is fiery, knows how to motivate his teammates, and always raises his games for high stakes and when facing defeat. The numbers speak for themselves. Rodgers is great but from a W/L perspective, considering his supporting cast and defense, should be at least at Brady's level but is not. People make a lot of excuses about McCarthy, etc., but I think one of the main problems is that Rodgers is unable to elevate his game and his offensive teammates when things aren't going pristine.

Rodgers is a better passer, TFB is a much better QB.

Going by that how is it not Michael Vick??? Throw 60 yard bombs with a wrist flick and be the fastest guy on the field.

Lol we gotta stop posting his stuff here. Physical wise, yeah it's possibility true. I don't think anyone can throw a better ball without setting their feet or stepping into their throw than Aaron Rodgers.

Personally, I'd dispute that he can throw a better ball off his back foot or any foot than Dan Marino.

His running ability is so overrated. Yes, he occasionally runs for first downs. But it's not like he's a game breaker.

That's how they think. "He can throw the ball as well as Tom, PLUS HE CAN RUN!!!!"

He's certainly never going to catch Brady in accomplishments. Five years since his one SB win, and he's 3-5 in the playoffs, with his wins coming over the Joe Webb Vikings, a controversial win over Dallas, and, uh, the Redskins?

Discount Double Dork....and yes, I'm biased

The Harlem Globetrotters are some of the most talented basketball players in the world. Doesn't mean anything.

If Rodgers can complete some passes off-balance or lob a couple hail-marys, who cares?

Actually, I feel like this is why he struggled so much recently. He tries too hard to make fancy, nonchalant looking throws, rolling out to throw on the run despite having a clean pocket, etc.

I hate to say this but "I agree with Stephen A. Smith" on this particular issue, although he is just a hot button idiot who will say anything to get a headline.

Aaron Rodgers is the most physically gifted quarterback I have ever seen. His accuracy both in the pocket and on the run, being able to just flick his wrist while his body is going in another direction, is absolutely remarkable and unlike anything I have seen at the position.

That being said, Tom Brady is a better leader, something that has been apparent for a long time, as Brady is fiery, knows how to motivate his teammates, and always raises his games for high stakes and when facing defeat. The numbers speak for themselves. Rodgers is great but from a W/L perspective, considering his supporting cast and defense, should be at least at Brady's level but is not. People make a lot of excuses about McCarthy, etc., but I think one of the main problems is that Rodgers is unable to elevate his game and his offensive teammates when things aren't going pristine.
OK. Good take and far more thoughtful than my sarcastic response above. Thank you.

To your point about "elevating" his team, Rodgers seemed to be playing in a fog until the end of November.

Your post reminds me that, while I might think of Aaron Rodgers as a "new guy on the block" because of his tortuous three seasons as understudy to the great Brett Favre, he is actually now in his tenth season as a starter and his 13th in the League. He will turn 34 next season, the same age at which Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw retired...with four rings.

So, yes, very, very gifted from a raw talent perspective, but he's getting to the point where people could start talking more about what he has not done than what he has done.

That Rogers is being compared to Brady is an admission that Brady is the better QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back