PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Squealers' Coach Tomlin Cheats to Prevent TD

We found common ground! Holy ****, mark it down. Time and date.

I don't think Spygate is why you won Super Bowls. It's a great deal of separation between myself and other Steelers fans because I don't believe that's why. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Patriots didn't have film on the Panthers or Eagles in those years, did they?

If you're talking about amount of Super Bowls won, you're absolutely correct. It's more accurate to say the Patriots were number one in the NFL, and the Steelers were number two if we're going by the numbers.

How about you tell us who the Patriots did have film on and how it was utilized during football games with actual evidence and not just flaky Steeler fan conspiracy theories about Roger Goodell being out to get you?

You did place the dots. There were no dots and didn't need to be dots. If none of the things are connected then why even bring it up?

If you want to start a 'Joe Schmoe' is racist thread then go nuts. But by bringing it up in this thread you connected the two.

So fine, ignoring all the static, can you admit that your coach cheated in way that would have been on every channel 24/7 if it had been the Pats?

Oh, and that your QB is a rapist? I'll let you plea it down to sexual assault.

We at least cut our guys who commit felonies.

And don't call me champ. Hitler called me champ once. Once.

Nicely done. That movie can't get referenced enough.

Johnny+Dangerously+5.jpg

This may be an unpopular opinion, however, I'm not holding it against Tomlinson (I hold the refs at fault for not calling it though). A coach's job is to get every advantage possible. Push the envelope right to the edge of the rules and past it. BB is a master of it and I think it's great he is. Fore example:
NFL is lax on calling coaches in the white area, coach uses that laxness to inhibit TD run, coach is called for 15 yards, it still isn't a TD.
Another example of gaining an edge (though not rule breaking), Rexy gets the attention of the refs to make sure they know of an inane penalty call on FGs(this, again, is on the refs).

This game is about winning! Teaching how to hold without it getting called. Finding out the opposition's playbook. Hiding injuries etc etc etc. I just don't see the problem with this gamesmanship.

NFL is considering a 6 figure fine and possible loss of a draft pick.. So yeah they feel it was intentional. Which it was.

wow, you mean someone besides the Patriots are losing a draft pick during this regime. I am shocked...lol. I might be in the minority, but if it was intentional , he was just trying to push the envelope , other teams do that also including Goddells precious Jets.

wow, you mean someone besides the Patriots are losing a draft pick during this regime. I am shocked...lol. I might be in the minority, but if it was intentional , he was just trying to push the envelope , other teams do that also including Goddells precious Jets.

As much as I hate the Steelers if they take a draft pick from Pittsburgh after not taking one from the Jets it further shows Goodell's Jets bias.

NFL is considering a 6 figure fine and possible loss of a draft pick.. So yeah they feel it was intentional. Which it was.

Intent has nothing to do with it, and that can't be proven anyway.

No I expected a harsh punishment because the league has to send a message to all teams. Because you can bet that there are coaches out there who would think of trying a stunt like this... and would be egged on if the punishment to the Steelers is light enough. It would be worth the risk and that's exactly what the league doesn't want the impression to be.

elf_joy.gif

I would love to see them get docked a draft pick, if only to throw it in the face of all their mongoloid fans who still insist on calling the Pats the Cheatriots.

Once Goodell strips enough teams of draft picks for no good reason, people will have no choice but to realize that we were nothing more than the first team to get screwed.

I disagree with any punishment for the team. Tomlin should be banned for the rest of the season. Make an effective point with a suspension. The draft pick only hurts everyone else, including the paying customers.

Meh, I'm okay with a fine. I don't get all the crazy outrage against Tomlin. We were all upset over the outrageous punishment the Pats got over the incident that shall not be named and people are advocating worse for an incident that did not affect the outcome of the game and may not have even affected the outcome of that particular play. And, yes, I think it was intentional. Here's your fine, clown. Don't do it again.

The Pittsburgh Cheaters.

Love it.

Meh, I'm okay with a fine. I don't get all the crazy outrage against Tomlin. We were all upset over the outrageous punishment the Pats got over the incident that shall not be named and people are advocating worse for an incident that did not affect the outcome of the game and may not have even affected the outcome of that particular play. And, yes, I think it was intentional. Here's your fine, clown. Don't do it again.

He needs to be docked a draft pick because he did EXACTLY what the pats did, Ignored a letter from the league saying "dont do this"

He intentionally disrupted a play, and he did it in a way the league had to send out a notice about after the jets tripped a player running down the sideline.

If they are not docked at least a 6th round pick, it will be a bunch of bs.

It also "helps" Tomlin that the NFL warned teams about this exact issue the day before the game, and he's on the Competition Committee.

He needs to be docked a draft pick because he did EXACTLY what the pats did, Ignored a letter from the league saying "dont do this"

He intentionally disrupted a play, and he did it in a way the league had to send out a notice about after the jets tripped a player running down the sideline.

If they are not docked at least a 6th round pick, it will be a bunch of bs.

It was wrong of Goodell to take away the Patriots first round pick. Taking away a Steelers pick isn't going to change that. It's just going to continue the error moving forward.

What would the penalty even be? 15yds or an automatic touchdown or something? Weird play.
The rules allow for the referees to make a judgment call and determine if the runner would have scored or not. If so, then yes they can award the touchdown.

I doubt any ref would have the stones to award a touchdown but I have no idea whatsoever why it wasn't at least 15 yards. I mean, the sideline official had to run behind Tomlin to keep following the play.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back