PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

spygate the best thing to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotspride

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know about anybody else.but i cant remember being more pumped up for a patriots season since spygate .i simply cant get enough patriots and i cant wait for all those media clowns to eat patriots ****.And if i feel this way one can only imagine how focused and driven the players and the entire organization are to bring the belichick trophy home for the fourth time.

Your team will still always be labeled as cheaters regardless of how pumped up you get.

And you call me a homer for putting positive spins on things. How can finding out your team is a giant fraud a good thing?

I will admit it is nice to see you doing something on here that isn't just following fans of opposing teams and calling them doodie heads. Even though this is the dumbest thread ever.

Last edited:
And you call me a homer for putting positive spins on things. How can finding out your team is a giant fraud a good thing?

If we win this years championship are they going to say that the first weeks game or shall we say the first quarter against the Jets would have produced a different winner?

If we win it all it shuts some people up - We can win this without cameras,or IMO without any help whatsoever.

I am not more pumped up all of a sudden now that we have learned that Belichick made a really stupid choice which will cost our team a draft pick.

I really can't get into perverse logic. I wish he put the camera away after he was warned the third time.

I think it is a little hollow to say that this is a great situation. I hope that the players have more internal motivation than we give them credit for by suggesting that spygate is a good turn of events.

If we win this years championship are they going to say that the first weeks game or shall we say the first quarter against the Jets would have produced a different winner?

If we win it all it shuts some people up - We can win this without cameras,or IMO without any help whatsoever.

No, if you guys don't win I'll laugh because you have far more talent than any other team. If you win, it was expected.

I guess it was past Aquaboy's bed time last year when we learned that Miami had video tapes of Brady's signal calling.

But I can't expect much from a troll anyway.

How can losing a first round draft pick be the best thing to happen? Personally, I don't get pumped up thinking we may have lost a Wilfork, Warren, Watson, Graham, or Maroney caliber player.

What would get me pumped up is that people in the media are talking about this team potentially going 16-0 and/or being one of those special teams like the 1985 Bears. Granted, it isn't as exciting because they usually say that after spending five minutes bashing Belichick.

I am excited about this season because this Pats' team looks like it can be special. Spygate leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Last edited:
Wait. I don't understand your logic.
You think the Pats are nothing but cheaters and that's the only way we've been so successful, but you admit that you expect us to win the SB, obviously w/o the aid of "cheating"?
Maybe the 'fins should look into this cheating thing. ANYTHING to get them to win a game...just ONE for the love of god!!!!

I really can't get into perverse logic.
Well, I believe that had we held on and beat Indy last year and won the SB, it would have been terrific.

But I also believe that BB would never made the seeeping changes he did ha we won.

I believe IN THE LONG run, we were better off losing the AFCCG if it results in winning more Lonbardis, or having a better team in the long run.

Can you deny that Pittsburgh was not better off going 6-10 and drafting Rothliesburger? Would they be better off going 10-6 that year and having Kordell or Tommy Maddox or whoever?

A setback can be a long term benefit, and losing the AFCCG last year was one of these.

Certainly the Steelers did not try to lose enough games to get a good draft pick, nor did the Colts play like crap in order to draft Manning. But where would the Colts be if they won another game and drafted second behing San Diego. They could easily have drafted Ryan Leaf.

Yes, it is perverse logic. And if you can't get into it, it doesn't matter.

It is what it is, regardless of what you or I believe.

We will never how how team chemistry would have developed without the video incident, so there is no proving anything.

But I can see where a major short-term negative can turn in major long-term positive.

No, if you guys don't win I'll laugh because you have far more talent than any other team. If you win, it was expected.
Ha ha. What happened to "Chambers is better than Welker?" and "Culpepper is better than Brady?"

What happened to "Ginn was the best WR in the draft?"

If you win, it was because it was expected? If we win it is because we have the best team in the NFL. Much better than the Dophins, who are abysmal, and missed out on the only chance they had to turn it around (drafting a punt returner instead of a franchise QB).

At least we agree that the Pats are a better team, and the Dolphins crewed up their draft.

Can't argue with that. :rocker:

But, how quickly you sun stroked phin phans forget.

Dec 2006

"The controversy surrounding the Dolphins' film-study of the Patriots continued Sunday thanks to comments made by Charley Casserly on Sunday's CBS pre-game show.

The topic of discussion was intelligence gathering in the NFL, and the former Houston Texans general manager made some interesting remarks on how the Dolphins studied audio tapes of Tom Brady's calls at the line of scrimmage prior to their 21-0 win on Dec. 10, according to a transcript provided by CBS.

"What the Miami Dolphins do is this - they have a coach who studies the game tapes, the television tapes, to pick up the signals from the opposing quarterback," he said. "In fact, you can go out and buy something called network iso-tapes that people at home don't see, to get additional audio.
"

And wasn't their a little incident about a stolen play book by a certain aquatic mammal team last year? Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Your team will still always be labeled as cheaters regardless of how pumped up you get.
Yeah, yeah, we heard all this in 2001 about the tuck rule, how it would put an asterisk on our superbowl win. Funny, I don't see the asterisk anywhere, and we proved 2001 was not a fluke.

This year the league and every reporter and team will be scrutinizing the Pats. Blowing out the entire league and capturing the Lombardi will prove the Patriots win regardless.

The 2007 Patriots will be labeled forever as one of the best times in the history of the NFL.

Half this cheater talk is stupid. Losman and Evans talk about how our defense knew what their O was doing, forgetting that offensive signals are sent by radio, not by hand signal.

Most of it is pure sour grapes, like your post.

People love to tear down those better than themselves, as if this could somehow make themselves.

A pack of jackals can nip a lion's heels only so long, then the lion gets pissed and destroys the jackals. The Pats are pissed. Good luck, jackal.

Yeah, yeah, we heard all this in 2001 about the tuck rule, how it would put an asterisk on our superbowl win. Funny, I don't see the asterisk anywhere, and we proved 2001 was not a fluke.

This year the league and every reporter and team will be scrutinizing the Pats. Blowing out the entire league and capturing the Lombardi will prove the Patriots win regardless.

The 2007 Patriots will be labeled forever as one of the best times in the history of the NFL.

Half this cheater talk is stupid. Losman and Evans talk about how our defense knew what their O was doing, forgetting that offensive signals are sent by radio, not by hand signal.

Most of it is pure sour grapes, like your post.

People love to tear down those better than themselves, as if this could somehow make themselves.

A pack of jackals can nip a lion's heels only so long, then the lion gets pissed and destroys the jackals. The Pats are pissed. Good luck, jackal.

So, the pats are pissed because........they got caught cheating?:confused:

So, the pats are pissed because........they got caught cheating?:confused:
Actually, they didn't but moving on . . .

For THIS SEASON I would say it was a great thing to happen. But it's a terrible thing otherwise as it cost us a #1 pick and gives the morons and haters something to hang their hats on.

I am not more pumped up all of a sudden now that we have learned that Belichick made a really stupid choice which will cost our team a draft pick.

I really can't get into perverse logic. I wish he put the camera away after he was warned the third time.

I think it is a little hollow to say that this is a great situation. I hope that the players have more internal motivation than we give them credit for by suggesting that spygate is a good turn of events.

Good post.

I guess it was past Aquaboy's bed time last year when we learned that Miami had video tapes of Brady's signal calling.

But I can't expect much from a troll anyway.

Comparing the 2 is outrageous. You can't honestly think they have any similarities.

Ha ha. What happened to "Chambers is better than Welker?" and "Culpepper is better than Brady?"

What happened to "Ginn was the best WR in the draft?"

If you win, it was because it was expected? If we win it is because we have the best team in the NFL. Much better than the Dophins, who are abysmal, and missed out on the only chance they had to turn it around (drafting a punt returner instead of a franchise QB).

At least we agree that the Pats are a better team, and the Dolphins crewed up their draft.

I have a question? What does any of that have to do with the thread? Oh that's right, when you have nothing to respond with, you just point out my team's short comings, how BRILLIANT!

To respond, if you think Welker is better than Chambers, you're a dumbass, plain and simple.

Culpepper is a bum, he makes terrible decisions and can't analysze a defense to save his life. In his prime when he had 2 working knees he would rely on his legs to bail him out when he failed to recognize coverages and blitzes. When he lost that mobility, he lost his game. I was wrong, I know that.

When did I say Ginn was the best receiver in the draft? Please, find that one.

Again, who brought the Dolphins into this thread? This isn't a Dolphins vs. Patriots comparison. Get real dude and stop backing into that corner.

Comparing the 2 is outrageous. You can't honestly think they have any similarities.

Very true. What Miami did was much worse, even though it was allowed by the league.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft