PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spikes: 55 (does this mean I HAVE to be a fan?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
... 32 for a CB is a little strange. 31 would've been a better choice if it was available.

Actually when I saw the 32 the first player I thought of was Willie Clay - and the interception against Jax to essentially save that AFCCG.

Actually when I saw the 32 the first player I thought of was Willie Clay - and the interception against Jax to essentially save that AFCCG.

wow your right big play Willie Clay whear #32 he was one of my fav pats in the 90's

wow your right big play Willie Clay whear #32 he was one of my fav pats in the 90's

Yes, BUT he was a safety!

Hey, this is pretty weird...
35-Pat(rick) Pas(s)
35-Pat Pas(chall)

Yes, BUT he was a safety!

Hey, this is pretty weird...
35-Pat(rick) Pas(s)
35-Pat Pas(chall)

heh - good point on Willie. I think he did play some CB but yeah, mostly played S. Still a good association for the new guy.

Since I'm associating players with instant memories -- I feel badly that when I see or hear "Patrick Pass" I think hammy-fumble. :eek:

Is 44 taken on the team? Hernandez getting Dallas Clark's number wouldve been cooler than 46.

Is 44 taken on the team? Hernandez getting Dallas Clark's number wouldve been cooler than 46.

They probably thought of that but then BB had a vision of Polian's smug face and decided against it.:rolleyes:

Good call on Cunningham!

OLB Jermaine Cunningham -- 96
Thanks, I had a strange felling he would wear something in the 90's because most of the OLB's on the team wear #'s in the 90's. Also, I thought 96 would look good on him.
I doubt he keeps that number. I see him taking #80.

Last edited:

It's assigned to FB Eric Kettani according to the Pats...

Re: Spikes-55 (does this mean I HAVE to be a fan?)

Why the hell would we not allow his # to be used? Should we hold out on Jabar Gaffney's # too?

I guess that would be the right thing to do :rolleyes:

Jabbar's number being used by a rookie would be even more disrespectful than Reche's

and I will argue this belief with pats1 & shmessy until the cows come home

Re: Spikes-55 (does this mean I HAVE to be a fan?)

Jabbar's number being used by a rookie would be even more disrespectful than Reche's

and I will argue this belief with pats1 & shmessy until the cows come home

Fans with personal attatchments to players...

It's assigned to FB Eric Kettani according to the Pats...

Umm, who?

44 would have been much tighter. 47 would've been alright too. Has anyone worn it since Robert Edwards?
Funny, I created my aol screen name way back in the day during his rookie year, I always had to explain what the heck Patriot47R meant to everyone thereafter.

Umm, who?

He's the UDFA fullback out of Navy they signed last year and put on Reserve/Military list. He's still under contract with the team and the team has him listed on their roster as having that number.

44 would have been much tighter. 47 would've been alright too. Has anyone worn it since Robert Edwards?

Maugaula Tuitele wore it briefly at some point in 2001. Justin Kurpeikis wore it on the PS in 2004. Ryan Claridge was assigned it in TC in 2005. Barry Gardner wore it in TC in 2006. Vince Redd had it in TC in 2008.

Jake Ingram has it now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back