PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I can't take another heartbreaking playoff loss to a Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I wish nothing but the best for Eli and his brother in their everyday lives, but as football players/celebrities etc they bother me. They both have faces I'd like to punch. And they're responsible for two of the biggest loses I've experienced as a sports fan...06 and 07, both in heartbreaking, last second fashion.

I admit Peyton is great, a hall of famer, but something just irritates me about him, always has. Could be his ugly ***** horse face, I'm not sure. Eli just looks like a sped student. My friend who's a Giants fan said "Say what you want about him he's humble." That isn't humility, it's just being too dumb to care, there's a difference.

Add in we're playing in Indy, and a loss, especially a close game in crushing fashion, well I really don't know how I'd take it. I was really hoping for the 49ers, because I figured, worst case we lose, it's to the 49ers.

I'm sick of my non Patriot fans telling me "The Giants have the Pats number"...I mean they had to play the game of their lives in SB42 and still only beat us by 3 points, and this year, we played one of our worst games of the season and lost by 4.

I'm also sick of the Brady is overrated/hasn't had a good playoff game in years and the Denver game doesn't count crowd.

I've also craved one last SB in the Belichick/Brady era the past 7 years. Even Brady admitted, this could be his last chance. The best team doesn't always make it to the SB (see last year when the Jets outplayed us for a day and a 14-2 team was eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.)

I worry that Brady is so obsessed with being too perfect that he'll ironically make mistakes like the Baltimore game.

I guess the one reason I feel a little optimistic is the Giants overconfidence. I mean it seems their arrogance is based on past history and they think "we're going to do the same thing again and the Pats aren't going to adjust."

If that's their gameplan, just to rush the hell out of Brady, that's what the running game and screen passes are for.

Anyway, I just wouldn't be able to deal with a loss and wouldn't be able to take the Brady/Belichick era Pats seriously in a big game again if they lose to an inferior team for the 3rd time in a row and would watch next year simply because I like watching my home team play football and wouldn't go into the season expecting or hoping for anything.

The two goobers got their rings. Brady stays away from dumb commercials and doesn't overpublicize himself. No one on the Pats talks trash. They do things the right way. Seeing some ****y 9-7 team ran by a goblin and a goober beat us for the 3rd straight time, I'm just not sure.

Hopefully it doesn't happen.

Hopefully as you mentioned, we can utilize the screen game and the rushing game to our advantage more vs their potential defensive pressure. I think it's a great way to try and combat/offset some of those speed rushers.

I also tend to worry a bit about the immense pressure that Brady seems to put on himself, which leads to a sometimes-wound up Tom Brady.

Hopefully, we do not experience another heartbreaking loss to Eli; which would be very hard to get over, particularly in the SB again.

Take a couple shots, take an Ambien, set your alarm for 6:25 PM EST, and go to sleep.

There's no way I'm getting any sleep until the game is over. I realize "it's just a game" but I'm a Patriots fanatic. The Super Bowl is like no other sporting event. It's boring if your team isn't in it and it's the best thing ever if your team is in it and wins, better than sex. Like I said, pick any two female celebrities, now, or in their prime, all expense paid trip to whereever I want with them and neither are jealous of one another, I'd gladly trade that for this win. I remember the way I felt after the Eagles SB and want to feel that way again.

I remember the days I just watched the Parcells/Carroll Pats and expected absolutely nothing and just watched for the love of the game. Brady and Belichick (in no particular order) changed that for me. And frankly, they deserve another after all they've been through the past 7 years and all the haters.

There's no way I'm getting any sleep until the game is over. I realize "it's just a game" but I'm a Patriots fanatic. The Super Bowl is like no other sporting event. It's boring if your team isn't in it and it's the best thing ever if your team is in it and wins, better than sex. Like I said, pick any two female celebrities, now, or in their prime, all expense paid trip to whereever I want with them and neither are jealous of one another, I'd gladly trade that for this win. I remember the way I felt after the Eagles SB and want to feel that way again.

I remember the days I just watched the Parcells/Carroll Pats and expected absolutely nothing and just watched for the love of the game. Brady and Belichick (in no particular order) changed that for me. And frankly, they deserve another after all they've been through the past 7 years and all the haters.

I'd gladly pass up sex for a full year for another win tomorrow. Hell yes, it's much better than sex. It's a feeling that you can proudly go back to all throughout the off-season.

For me, and I know this sounds kinda weird---it's not even about wanting the glory of the win. It's about NOT wanting to experience that heartbreaking loss again. The fact that it's the same team has a lot to do with it too. Had it been SF or someone, I'd have felt somewhat better, but to lose to the Giants again (especially after all the trash talking and being counted out) would be extremely hard.

Can't handle the pain? Don't deserve the gain baby. Man up even if we lose. Which means you cry loud and with huge, manly tears:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye