PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Have you heard the news? Tomase now on EEI.."not to be a fan!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/general/john-tomase/2015/01/01/im-not-here-be-fan

My favorite columnists are the ones who write with an informed opinion and an edge. For my money, Ron Borges, my old colleague at the Boston Herald, is the best in town. If Gerry Callahan ever decides to write again, he’s as good as it gets. Jackie MacMullan over at ESPN has mastered the art of the behind-the-scenes expose. I grew up on Bob Ryan, who watched games like a fan but wrote about them as a detached observer, a high-wire act that’s way tougher than it sounds. I’m jealous of Kirk Minihane’s ability to whip out cogent, effortless takedowns between Headlines and Buzzer Beaters.

Who makes these decisions at EEI??? Woody Johnson?

Even if one were to disregard his infamous history, his biography says it all. Multiple times Tomase says 'he is not a fan'. He states that he 'will not write from the perspective of my readers', and even trots out the 'footie pajamas' line. Though he claims that he will not 'play the contrarian just because', everything else he writes in that column screams that that is exactly what he is going to do.

The footy pajama line is indirect evidence that he looks down at the masses and worships at the Altar of Felger, and the names of people like Borges that he says he looks up to - while at the same time omitting colleague and new co-worker Chris Price - really says it all. I call B.S. on his claim that he 'will never, ever write something I don’t believe', and fully expect Tomase to be some sort of disgraceful, mutated cross between Borges the Plagiarizer and Felger the Contrarian.

Hopefully EEI will primarily give him duties covering the Red Sox, but that would be too good to be true.

That fat piece of **** should be in jail for crimes against journalism.
And anyone who hires him clearly cares nothing for journalistic integrity and ethics.

I find it incredible that anyone would give this lying sack of crap a job.

He's here for the Twinkies. Nice to know your local outlet has only contempt for you, the fans and see's you as caged animals to be poked for amusement and ratings.

Surprised he didn't mention the other curly haired boyfriend in his murderers row of local a-holes. Maybe they have a professional agreement to divide up the audience, like undertakers after a plague.

Write the management, but don't listen to the station, is all I can say. Mike Reiss, Matt Chatham, Pat Kirwan, Bruschi etc. lots of actual sports people to follow. Fat twinkie boy is just the barking clown in the dunk tank and you're a sucker if you fall for this. Get Sirius if you have to, or, if you're dedicated enough, just call 20 times a day and say you suck so they won't have any calls get through, but don't engage them. Maybe Joker has the will do do that every day.:D

Just know that your local media has contempt for you, they don't like you, they don't respect you, they consider you a fool to be manipulated for spectacle and ratings, the same as PT Barnum faking a deformity on a side show geek.

Fat boy, you suck and always will.

I'll just tweet the show until he cracks up...or they ban my account...in which case I'll write the corporate bigs and threaten them for censorship (B.S. I know...but...attack the giant with enough bs arrows and eventually a couple of them will find the target).

My note in the comments section:

Tomase, you suck. You always have sucked and your opinion on ANYTHING means squat. How you have survived in this business after the travesty you committed involving the Patriots is unfathomable. You're just another reason to ignore the sinking ship that is WEEI.

I'll just tweet the show until he cracks up...or they ban my account...in which case I'll write the corporate bigs and threaten them for censorship (B.S. I know...but...attack the giant with enough bs arrows and eventually a couple of them will find the target).

Well, those shows are based on irate and/or inebriated fans, right. I'm thinking if you and some other persistent fans just keep calling, but don't say anything once you get on, it will tie up the phone lines so there's no show. Just make a list of topics you can say to the phone screener and disguise your voice to be sure you get on 10 or 20. Hell, I don't even listen and i'd call a few times from NC.

Maybe instead of saying you suck, prepare a long boring question about the rule for how many men allowed on the line for a field goal or some other complicated rule and keep being boring until they have to shut you off.

Blame the audience. Tomase wouldn't have gotten picked up by WEEI if people weren't stupid enough to listen to 98.5.

98.5's popularity is the reason Tomase is employed by WEEI? Really?!? Apparently, Adolph Hitler was not available because he is probably the only person less popular in this town than John Tomase.

The management of WEEI weren't so stupid to make moves like hiring ratings poison like John Tomase, 98.5 may not be as popular as it is. Yes, this a way to keep up with 98.5 is to drive people away from your radio station to go to the competition.

Of course anyone who doesn't agree with Deus on his listening choices are just stupid.

Blame the audience. Tomase wouldn't have gotten picked up by WEEI if people weren't stupid enough to listen to 98.5.

Of course. People are suckers. They don't want sports talk, they want to vent their alcoholic spleens.

"....And so I will never, ever write something I don’t believe, or play the contrarian just because. Most attempts at “hot takes” end up tepid, brackish and tasting vaguely of urine. That’s not my scene......"

Huh?????

This guy is a weirdo, plain and simple. They shouldn't let him get within 100 yards of a school.

Another moronic move by WEEI's management. People love to hate Michael Felger. People want to listen to him to get outraged. People just hate Tomase. No one cares what he has to say and they just will avoid him like the plague. People hate Felger and Borges because they insight people with their opinions. People hate Tomase because he submarined the Patriots with a bogus rumor he reported as facts.

Ryan and McMullen should sue Tomase for the implication that he ever learned anything from them.

Actually, Tomase was a good baseball writer at the Eagle-Tribune. But then he went to the Herald and — according to people I know who worked with him — was taken in as a protege by Borges, who constantly preached of his disdain for Belichick.

Un-Freakin' believable. The fact that this bloviating jello-shot is employed by ANY media outlet shows, as stated above, how little that they care about their audience. This is another cynical attempt to create controversy in order to drive up ratings, and thus increase advertising revenue.

He's a lying, untrustworthy individual who hasn't done one whit of penance to atone for his sins against New England. It's altogether possible that he cost the Patriots a Superbowl win. It's unfortunate that Mr. Kraft didn't direct his legal department to sue for libel/slander afterwards. I'm certain that the discovery process would have been quite entertaining as Blobbo the Clown would have been tap-dancing all over the place trying to explain his actions.

But the advice offered further up the thread is very good: Stop listening. Call, or better, email the station and state WHY you aren't listening anymore. Be civil, but honest. Also let them know that you'll be contacting their advertisers to state why you aren't listening to their station any longer. The advertisers spend their money where they think the most folks will be listening. If EEI loses listeners, it'll start losing advertising revenue. The best way to teach a lesson in these sorts of situations is to hit them in the wallet. Money talks, and perhaps management there will finally figure it out.

Anyway, that's my opinion. YMMV, of course, but that's how I believe.

What really inspires me is Tomase thinks all is forgotten, obviously. Now I SAW this turd in public a month after that 2007 Super Bowl in the Haymarket. He ran like hell when we spotted his fat slob azz and no, not because there was any threatening being done..(I would never do anything like that and do not condone anything of the sort)...he ran like a little crying baby girl because a bunch of us started chanting "azzole...azzole". The bar manager bought us all Sam Adams pints afterwards. He is a loathsome creature. Not hard to understand why he's such a jerkoff writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back