PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation: Patriots set to make big trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erika Leigh ‏@_ErikaLeigh
I think the next name you'll hear about is Aqib Talib...he's the guy I'm hearing rumblings about now.

Erika Leigh ‏@_ErikaLeigh
I believe the #Patriots are trying to replicate, if not better, the defense they had for their 1st 2 SBs. Those guys were the names you knew

ask her what her crystal ball says about Larry Fitz, where she thinks mortgage rates are headed later this year and whether i should go long on Proctor & Gamble in the market next week :p

Who the hell is this lady lol, has she predicted anything that's actually happened?

Who the hell is this lady lol, has she predicted anything that's actually happened?

She's one step above Fred and Felger.

She predicted jones signing..that was it. Was wrong about abraham...still have no one talking offer for sanders..take what she says with a grain of salt.

She predicted jones signing..that was it. Was wrong about abraham...still have no one talking offer for sanders..take what she says with a grain of salt.
She predicted the Jones signing after it was known he was visiting. The Sanders report has been refuted by the fact that the Patriots have to immediately notify the Steelers if they make Sanders an offer, and a legitimate Steelers reporter says they were never notified.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

A broken clock is right twice a day.

Things that come to mind when I read her reports

She predicted the Jones signing after it was known he was visiting. The Sanders report has been refuted by the fact that the Patriots have to immediately notify the Steelers if they make Sanders an offer, and a legitimate Steelers reporter says they were never notified.

Where does it say that they have to be immediately notified?

I'm not saying you're wrong; merely that the wording of the CBA is fairly specific that the team has five days from when they're notified of the offer.

Don't know those guys I've never listened to them or anything like that.

That means you're pure and much better off ... they are horrible pessimists.

Where does it say that they have to be immediately notified?

I'm not saying you're wrong; merely that the wording of the CBA is fairly specific that the team has five days from when they're notified of the offer.
https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib/status/312689678547570689
#Steelers not be informed that Emmanuel Sanders been presented offer sheet by Patriots let alone signed one. Pats have to notify immediately

All I know is that this guy works for a legitimate newspaper in Pittsburgh and says so. He could be completely wrong.

If pats made offer to sanders. We would have heard. There is no offer as of yet and if there is one. We will hear about it

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib/status/312689678547570689

All I know is that this guy works for a legitimate newspaper in Pittsburgh and says so. He could be completely wrong.

Emmanuel Sanders has an offer from New England Patriots - Behind the Steel Curtain

Sounds like he has an offer... and just may have not told steelers yet

Mark Kaboly @MarkKaboly_Trib

#Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders very well could've signed RFA offer with Pats, but if he did, the Steelers haven't been informed yet.

Per our understanding of the CBA, if Sanders signs an offer sheet with another team, it is on him to formally present it to the Steelers.

She throws around the term "agreed in principle" a lot, I think she later stated they agreed to an offersheet but he hadn't signed yet, talks concluded for the day. Same deal with Abraham agreeing to a deal, but not yet signing.

She said the same thing about Jones long before anyone else picked it up, however, she did completely wiff on Wilson, she never said a thing about him signing until mainstream picked it up.

Point is, she hasn't been WRONG yet, as far as I can tell, but shes wording things very loosely, kinda like IB, protecting herself incase things go south, but her track record to this point is much better.

Are the Pats really talking trade for Fitzgerald? I think the discussions would start with Mallett + our 1st round pick. Dunno if that would even happen but I would be pumped!

Are the Pats really talking trade for Fitzgerald? I think the discussions would start with Mallett + our 1st round pick. Dunno if that would even happen but I would be pumped!

Cardinals are not going to agree to cap suicide to trade their best player.

Don't even try to follow cap implications any more (never was good at it,) but I don't get why this is cap suicide. Someone dumb it down for me, long time listener, first time caller. Why is getting rid of Fitzgerald cap suicide, and are there any mitigating mechanisms that could be used in the hypothetical deal?

Cardinals are not going to agree to cap suicide to trade their best player.

Pipe dream. But, if Patriots ever pull this off, it would be quite nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back