PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation about Zappe getting cut

Im guessing our new backup will be Cam or a new number 1 - Tom.....

Ha

Wouldn't be about cap, would be about upgrading at QB2 if they feel like they would not get enough from him if Mac was hurt. It may depend on if they see a clear upgrade become available.

I thought this was BS. I was wrong. Good thread Ross. I guess I would not be a good moderator ;) .

I thought this was BS. I was wrong. Good thread Ross. I guess I would not be a good moderator ;) .
giphy.gif

Seems like a questionable decision. Big assumption he’ll clear waivers and who’s the backup if he doesn’t?

I didn't see this thread until he was cut, but good call.

There's going to be a few pissed off posters as there's nobody know to say should play over Mac Jones.

I've been asking myself, why the heck is Zappe playing so much in these preseason games?

Welp, his job was on the line apparently.

Funny he got cut but I don’t like playing roster games with QBs. Zappe is fine as a backup but that’s it. Need to ensure we have another that knows the playbook.

To be fair - as of EOD Fri, you had 3 QBs on the 53 as per that thread. Regardless, great call! (Although DaBruinz called this well in advance).

To be fair - as of EOD Fri, you had 3 QBs on the 53 as per that thread. Regardless, great call! (Although DaBruinz called this well in advance).
Oh yeah, it was definitely not a move I expected to happen, like I said here. I was just tossing the idea out there and how I could see it happen.

Not surprised if anyone else already had had the idea.

Oh yeah, it was definitely not a move I expected to happen, like I said here. I was just tossing the idea out there and how I could see it happen.
The great ones adjust on the fly...

Hope both get picked up, and everything on Jones, against the toughest schedule, and some of the best Defenses in the NFL. Lets see what he got. Like at Alabama.

Interesting that is Curran's take because it wouldn't surprise me if Zappe was cut and put on the practice squad. I doubt he gets claimed if cut.

Guess we'll find out. I just don't see him as a major upgrade to anyone's QB room worthy of being on their 53 next week.

And honestly he looks lost currently. Fortunately for him I am not sure any of the available guys are worth taking a flyer on either.

Winner winner chikkin dinner!

Now let's see about the waiver claims...

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back