PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation about why Belichick is still coaching

Shouldn't it be about team and not about an individual's quest for an egotistical record?

We want Belechick to stay because the replacement will not be better.
what's the difference between 25-28 with Bill the Coach and maybe 15-38 with Johnny Foxboro coaching? higher draft picks and hopefully not taking guards In the first round and 120 lb receivers w 4th rd grades in the second rd...and a light at the end of the tunnel...this team has nothing but bill the coaches snorts and 5-8 wins a year in front of it

Belichick’s harshest critics in this forum have blamed him for every draft mistake they have made, but steadfastly refuse to give him credit for the greatest draft pick in NFL history. In short, they are full of ****.
**** Rehbein, not Bill the GM

Getting the greatest player in NFL history at 199 is the greatest draft pick in NFL history, especially since Brady didn’t walk onto the field as the best player in the league, as Mahomes showed as soon as he started playing regularly, but instead developed into it over the years, getting progressively better season by season. And once again you knock Belichick for their draft mistakes, while refusing to credit him for Brady, which is out and ********.
First of all, you’re wrong about Brady “developing” into that guy. He was that guy from the start. He was giving Madden Super Bowl goosebumps his first starting season. It’s a media narrative that he was a “game manager” for the first era of his career. Go follow a Twitter account like “RandomTomBradyHighlights” if your memory is failing you, because Tom was that ****ing guy right away.

Absolutely, but he svcks at drafting the most important player on a team. Jimmy is the only exception and he gets hurt combing his hair.

Secondly, BB doesnt know how to identify and draft a young productive WR in an NFL structured towards passing.
BB drafted 3 qb’s who made the pro bowl; Brady and Cassel, late round picks, and Jones a first round pick. A 4th quarterback brought his team to the superbowl, Garoppolo. What GM or head coach has done better the past 20 years?

Yeah, QB is one of Bill's strengths. Even guys like Hoyer, Mallett and Brissett started games and/or were high level backups for a good while. His track record at the position is very good.

First of all, you’re wrong about Brady “developing” into that guy. He was that guy from the start. He was giving Madden Super Bowl goosebumps his first starting season. It’s a media narrative that he was a “game manager” for the first era of his career. Go follow a Twitter account like “RandomTomBradyHighlights” if your memory is failing you, because Tom was that ****ing guy right away.
Eh, I don't know about that. Had the defense not held down the Rams as long as they did, he would've been out depth trying to win a shoot out with them. While he made timely throws to keep things going, Tom wasn't anything special his first year as a player that signaled "GOAT". He and the rest of the team were a feel good story that needed a lot to go their way that season. Without the snow storm, Oakland runs them off the field as they were the polar opposite of the Rams with the quick passing/West Coast offense Bill struggled against.

After the 2003 season with him winning his second Super Bowl was when he really started to get media attention as a HOF.

Eh, I don't know about that. Had the defense not held down the Rams as long as they did, he would've been out depth trying to win a shoot out with them. While he made timely throws to keep things going, Tom wasn't anything special his first year as a player that signaled "GOAT". He and the rest of the team were a feel good story that needed a lot to go their way that season. Without the snow storm, Oakland runs them off the field as they were the polar opposite of the Rams with the quick passing/West Coast offense Bill struggled against.

After the 2003 season with him winning his second Super Bowl was when he really started to get media attention as a HOF.
It was his rookie year. Of course, he got better, but by 2003 he was already the ****ing man. Again, if you go back and watch those games (or even highlights), you’re going to see this MYTH the media-haters have perpetuated about him being just some JAG until 2007 is absurd. The dude was throwing game winning dimes into the bread basket very early on. He was leading the league in long passes during the 2004 season. All that “Game Manager” garbage is ********.

It was his rookie year. Of course, he got better, but by 2003 he was already the ****ing man. Again, if you go back and watch those games (or even highlights), you’re going to see this MYTH the media-haters have perpetuated about him being just some JAG until 2007 is absurd. The dude was throwing game winning dimes into the bread basket very early on. He was leading the league in long passes during the 2004 season. All that “Game Manager” garbage is ********.
I agree the "game manager" was overkill and didn't make sense when the former $100M QB was struggling going 5-13. What you saw from Tom early on was "taking what the defense gives him" and his ability to "process information quickly". I'm just not going to say I saw greatness from day one from him. For me, I felt Tom had cemented himself as the best QB in the NFL during the 2004 season when his supporting cast was at it's best during the first Dynasty.

Probably because former Patriots punter Jake Baileys mother was the blonde woman in the A Ha video “take on me”

This doesn’t make sense when paired with the very clear signs that Mayo is the next head coach. That points much more toward continuity than house-cleaning.
Wasn't McDaniels the clear guy at one point too?

It's not too far-fetched to think that if the Pats suffer another 'failed season' that they may just want to 'start fresh' with new perspectives.

It's not too far-fetched to think that if the Pats suffer another 'failed season' that they may just want to 'start fresh' with new perspectives.
I think BB had one more year left Tops I think he hangs them up after 2024.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Probably because former Patriots punter Jake Baileys mother was the blonde woman in the A Ha video “take on me”
I wonder how many people you will get Googling to see if that's true.

Over/Under: 10

BB drafted 3 qb’s who made the pro bowl; Brady and Cassel, late round picks, and Jones a first round pick. A 4th quarterback brought his team to the superbowl, Garoppolo. What GM or head coach has done better the past 20 years?

Corky made the probowl because the preferred QBs opted out.

Jimmy is a fraud.

Jimmy is a fraud.
A fraud of what? Hes a starting NFL QB. Hes established that.

Hes certainly not a ProBowler or All-Pro as we think of other players at that tier.

A fraud of what? Hes a starting NFL QB. Hes established that.

Hes certainly not a ProBowler or All-Pro as we think of other players at that tier.
Mickey D is on his way to be fired.

McDaniels was the clear top internal candidate if anything were to happen with Belichick unexpectedly. There was some succession talk after he spurned the Colts in 2018, but that died down pretty quickly when he took HC interviews in 2019, and 2020, and 2021, and obviously 2022. All signs seem to point toward Mayo waiting things out in NE and not taking more interviews elsewhere, from Kraft’s comments to the re-signing press release to Mayo’s involvement in OC interviews.

No, Brady was far from the finished product when he took over the starting job. He had some of the clutch traits that helped make him the GOAT, but even he knew how much he had to learn. He met weekly with Belichick to work on his game throughout his career. The Belichick Hate Cult can try and deny the role Belichick had in Brady’s development, but Brady has acknowledged it many times. And anyone who tries to claim otherwise really didn’t watch the first 5 years of Brady’s career.

Jimmy is a fraud.
It doesn’t get more ironic than Triumph trying to malign someone else’s mental abilities.

That m a l i g n Triumph, look it up in the dictionary so you have some help trying to respond.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back