PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation about why Belichick is still coaching

This explains why Bill is content with a perennial 8-9 win team these days rather than building a true Super Bowl contender. I guess we’re at the mercy of his personal vendetta now.

This explains why Bill is content with a perennial 8-9 win team these days rather than building a true Super Bowl contender. I guess we’re at the mercy of his personal vendetta now.
Wouldn't he get there faster if he built better teams though?

Couple of thoughts

Someone is going to want to change this thread title to Why is Belichick still coaching?

Anything that causes Shula pain I am good with. Wake up him and kill him again with the coaching record.

F Him

Last edited:
Bill is the GOAT, but I think he should be more worried about proving he can build a contender without Brady than some stupid longevity record to spite someone who is already dead.

That quote came from Price on a Dolphins podcast. I listened to it. Bill never said that out loud, and Price doesn't have a team source that told him Bill said it, that's just Price suggesting to the podcast that's what Bill is thinking. Says he was hurt by those comments. He also said Kraft is not firing Bill before that record falls no matter what.

No question he does want to break the record I don't buy that he doesn't care about it and I'm sure he was hurt by those comments. I also doubt if the Patriots crater that Bill will be allowed to plod along until the record falls.

Last edited:
Interesting hypothesis. Would you mind posting a poll on this because maybe we can find the answers together

Please include the Ray Guy killed a Lewis or whatever that is to make it authentic

Ok. Thankkkkksssss

That quote came from Gasper on a Dolphins podcast. Bill never said that out loud, and Gasper doesn't have a source that told him that, that's just Gasper suggesting to the podcast that's what Bill is thinking. Says he was hurt by those comments. He also said Kraft is not firing Bill before that record falls no matter what.

No question he does want to break the record I don't buy that he doesn't care about it and I'm sure he was hurt by it. I doubt if the Patriots crater that Bill will be allowed to plod along until the record falls.
How big can we make the font on this?

How big can we make the font on this?
I figured the reporting on this by Kleiman (who isn't exactly a Patriots lover) would be embellished a bit Florio style.

Also my bad it's Price not Gasper lol

So you think Bill believes this a championship roster?
You’d like me to speculate what another person thinks

BB seems like a guy that likes to win. Given this ‘****ty” team just took a Super Bowl team 12 rounds without some key starters and lost because of some silly mistakes I would say he thinks YES if everyone is healthy and plays to their potential

Is that to complicated to grasp ?

Last edited:
I think Bill views this as a roster that can get into the postseason and perhaps win the division. He's been to the dance enough to know you have to get to the dance to see how far you can make it.
And what if they don't? This is year 4 without Brady. How many chances does he get. Again, I think Bill is the greatest coach of all time, but when he's chasing a personal record and the team is not making progress in four years, how long are we as fans content with that? It's an open ended question. I don't know the answer.

And what if they don't? This is year 4 without Brady. How many chances does he get. Again, I think Bill is the greatest coach of all time, but when he's chasing a personal record and the team is not making progress in four years, how long are we as fans content with that? It's an open ended question. I don't know the answer.
I don't know. It really depends on how the season goes. Do we finish 4-13 or do we finish 9-8? Does Mac show true promise or is it clear we need a new QB? There's a lot of ways this season can go, but if Bill wasn't trying to build a true team, he would have grabbed Jimmy G at the first chance and tried to patch it all up, rather than tearing it down in the Cam year and then building a solid D and a young QB.

Also, we're one season from being in the playoffs.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back